2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=410842

Awesome Camara does get the invite!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410569

Subban will get a look.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=646835

Sweden missing three real good players.

" Sweden will be without three key players in the lineup in defense of their gold medal -- 2012 WJC all-star defensemen Oscar Klefbom (Edmonton Oilers, 2011) and Jonas Brodin (Minnesota Wild, 2011) and forward Mika Zibanejad (Ottawa Senators, 2012). Klefbom is out with a shoulder injury and Brodin is suffering from a broken clavicle. Zibanejad, who scored the overtime winner against Russia last year, will remain in North America at the request of the Senators. "

US will release their invites manana (Phil Hously is the coach), I know Klass and Tuna breath are waiting impatiently for tomorrow lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: 2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

At the start of the year I would have bet a lot of money against Camara being invited based on what people around here were saying about him at development camp.  Good for him.  I realize he's playing with some skilled players but still, looks like he's responding well.  He may have potential.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Sandog. I'm actually a Dutch American that's also a Canadian citizen. I'll root for Canada this time, due to all the Bruins prospects playing for Canada. Let that other guy root for USA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I am hoping Camara keeps putting up the points to prove he has taken a big step forward...

That would bea shame if this year ended up being a fluke...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to scooter244's comment:

At the start of the year I would have bet a lot of money against Camara being invited based on what people around here were saying about him at development camp.  Good for him.  I realize he's playing with some skilled players but still, looks like he's responding well.  He may have potential.  

People ? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

Sandog. I'm actually a Dutch American that's also a Canadian citizen. I'll root for Canada this time, due to all the Bruins prospects playing for Canada. Let that other guy root for USA.

There is no "this time" for that other guy. He sticks to cheering for the same team whether they have Bruins prospects or not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to mannyortez3424's comment:

I am hoping Camara keeps putting up the points to prove he has taken a big step forward...

That would bea shame if this year ended up being a fluke...

I hope they keep him with Scheifele otherwise you will be disappointed in his points production.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Yay, competitive hockey to watch during winter break. Will these games be on TV?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Go Canada Go.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Yay, competitive hockey to watch during winter break. Will these games be on TV ?

NHL Network in the US will show the TSN feed, that is a good thing because the coverage is great.

@Klass I like being "the other guy" like Deforest Kelley was always also starring as Dr. MCcoy or when Leslie Nielsen was the bad guy in every damn 70s TV drama.

On the Euro sheets of ice I think Russia is going to bethe team to beat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Good for Hamilton, Camara & Subban.  Too bad Seth Griffith gets the snub despite his 19-31-50 line in 30 games.

http://metronews.ca/voices/knights-outright/463609/griffith-newest-victim-of-lockout-while-london-knights-teammate-harrington-gets-team-canada-invite/

Omitting Griffith’s name from the collection of 21 forwards, “was a very, very difficult situation for us,” said Team Canada head scout Kevin Prendergast.

“We felt one of the things that we’re sort of top heavy with at this point was our top six (forward group).”

Since NHL-ready forwards Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jonathan Huberdeau, and Ryan Strome are all available because of the work stoppage, Griffith was deemed unessential to Canada’s plans.

While he was considered a dark horse to make the team in the first place, the camp snub is partially shocking.

“I was definitely surprised,” said Knights captain and Team Canada returnee Scott Harrington. “I thought Seth definitely deserved to get an invite to camp. But, I mean, I’m not the one who picks the roster or anything like that.”

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Big ice......average skating...........small player...........a lot of depth up front.........equals no Griffith.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Big ice......average skating...........small player...........a lot of depth up front.........equals no Griffith.

You know this kid better than I do, so I will yield to your expertise in this area.  That said, the article I posted seemed to indicate that it was a bit of shock that he didn't even get an invite.

"While he was considered a dark horse to make the team in the first place, the camp snub is partially shocking."

Either way, he still seems to be having a nice season.  You holding out any hope that he can play at the next level?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

People ? 

Posters?  Bruins fans? Observers?  BDC regulars?  Any of those work better for you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=646975

" The U.S. roster is stocked with first-round draftees -- defensemen Connor Murphy (Phoenix, 2011), Brady Skjei (N.Y. Rangers, 2012) and Trouba (Winnipeg, 2012) and forwards Tyler Biggs (Toronto, 2011), Alex Galchenyuk (Montreal, 2012), Stefan Matteau (New Jersey, 2012), Miller (N.Y. Rangers, 2011) and Stefan Noesen (Ottawa, 2011). "

" NHL Network-U.S. is the home of the 2013 IIHF World Junior Championship, with coverage of more than 15 games -- including every U.S. and Canada game -- as well as highlights and analysis. "

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

People ? 

Posters?  Bruins fans? Observers?  BDC regulars?  Any of those work better for you?

Nope. Doesn't work. All of those are plural. Comments about Camara came from one lonely soul.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

You know this kid better than I do, so I will yield to your expertise in this area.  That said, the article I posted seemed to indicate that it was a bit of shock that he didn't even get an invite.

"While he was considered a dark horse to make the team in the first place, the camp snub is partially shocking."

Either way, he still seems to be having a nice season.  You holding out any hope that he can play at the next level?

No expertise here but I will give an opinion.

The bad has already been given. Size and skating .

The good ? His panic threshold holding onto the puck is a little longer then most at this level. Good vision seeing the whole ice, nice passer distributing the puck with an above average wrist shot. Also has knack of finding open spaces around the net.

Do I hold hope ? Sure why not ? Players this young do improve in certain areas their game needs it. But because of the combination of not having either size nor exceptional skating qualities, I'd say the current edition of Seth Griffith is a long shot to make the NHL. 

Just an opinion though. We'll see how he progresses if he does at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

People ? 

Nope. Doesn't work. All of those are plural. Comments about Camara came from one lonely soul.

I seem to remember it as a widley held opinion, but if you say so, then it must have been...everybody else on this board thought Camara had the goods to be an NHL'er. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I hope Subban gets the nod, I'm looking forward to this and will watch but if Subban is in net it'll make it that much more interesting for me at least. The only threat I see to him is Binnington.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=647019

"First-round NHL Draft picks Nail Yakupov and Mikhail Grigorenko are two of the 10 players who helped Russia win the silver medal at last year's World Junior Championship and have been invited to try out for the 2013 team.

Yakupov, taken by the Edmonton Oilers with the first pick of the 2012 NHL Draft, had no goals but nine assists in seven games at last year's tournament. Grigorenko, taken 12th by the Buffalo Sabres, had two goals and three assists in six games, but was at less than 100 percent for most of the tournament due to an ankle injury.

Russia also has invited both goaltenders from last year's tournament to camp -- Buffalo Sabres prospect Andrey Makarov and Tampa Bay Lightning prospect Andrey Vasilevskiy. Vasilevskiy, the 19th pick of last year's draft, went 4-1 with a pair of shutouts in five games. "

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Go Canada Go.  

Canada has sick depth down the middle RNH best player in tourney hands down.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Go Canada Go.  

Canada has sick depth down the middle RNH best player in tourney hands down.  

I agree, best player by far, have to admit though, Yakupov impresses me more everytime I watch him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

RNH is getting an MRI on his shoulder. There's the possibility of him not playing in the WJHC.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

People ? 

I seem to remember it as a widley held opinion, but if you say so, then it must have been...everybody else on this board thought Camara had the goods to be an NHL'er. 

I don't remember this at all. Why "everybody" would say that beats me. Before this year he was a third line mucker. He was more known as a fighter in the OHL.

He sure as hell didn't impress on the offensive end before playing with Scheifele this year. Are you sure you have the right board, player, opinions ?

Saying all that, currently, I think he has improved in a lot of ways to the point of looking like he could be a future NHLer. Before this year ? Nope.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Go Canada Go.  

You are just a Nell! Dudley

Sections
Shortcuts