2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: 2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=646975

" The U.S. roster is stocked with first-round draftees -- defensemen Connor Murphy (Phoenix, 2011), Brady Skjei (N.Y. Rangers, 2012) and Trouba (Winnipeg, 2012) and forwards Tyler Biggs (Toronto, 2011), Alex Galchenyuk (Montreal, 2012), Stefan Matteau (New Jersey, 2012), Miller (N.Y. Rangers, 2011) and Stefan Noesen (Ottawa, 2011). "

" NHL Network-U.S. is the home of the 2013 IIHF World Junior Championship, with coverage of more than 15 games -- including every U.S. and Canada game -- as well as highlights and analysis. "

Matt Grzelcyk also gets the USA invite.  Good for him, off to a fast start for the Terriers (13gp 2-9-11).

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Matt Grzelcyk also gets the USA invite.  Good for him, off to a fast start for the Terriers (13gp 2-9-11).

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2012/12/01_offensive_minded.php

Nice article on Grzelcyk

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22825103/vp/21428025#50035301

Matt's 3rd period goal against BC last Friday ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to scooter244's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

At the start of the year I would have bet a lot of money against Camara being invited based on what people around here were saying about him at development camp.  Good for him.  I realize he's playing with some skilled players but still, looks like he's responding well.  He may have potential.  

[/QUOTE]

People ? 

[/QUOTE]

Posters?  Bruins fans? Observers?  BDC regulars?  Any of those work better for you?

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Doesn't work. All of those are plural. Comments about Camara came from one lonely soul.

[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember it as a widley held opinion, but if you say so, then it must have been...everybody else on this board thought Camara had the goods to be an NHL'er. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't remember this at all. Why "everybody" would say that beats me. Before this year he was a third line mucker. He was more known as a fighter in the OHL.

He sure as hell didn't impress on the offensive end before playing with Scheifele this year. Are you sure you have the right board, player, opinions ?

Saying all that, currently, I think he has improved in a lot of ways to the point of looking like he could be a future NHLer. Before this year ? Nope.

[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm really doesn't come through very well does it.  The "everybody" was 100% tongue in cheek.  You inferred one lone soul was skeptical of Camara.  I ran with everybody else must have loved him then. 

Back to the original point....Whoda thunk it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Only 3 New Englanders (2 MA, 1 NH) invited. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

At the start of the year I would have bet a lot of money against Camara being invited based on what people around here were saying about him at development camp.  Good for him.  I realize he's playing with some skilled players but still, looks like he's responding well.  He may have potential.  

[/QUOTE]

People ? 

[/QUOTE]

Posters?  Bruins fans? Observers?  BDC regulars?  Any of those work better for you?

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Doesn't work. All of those are plural. Comments about Camara came from one lonely soul.

[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember it as a widley held opinion, but if you say so, then it must have been...everybody else on this board thought Camara had the goods to be an NHL'er. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't remember this at all. Why "everybody" would say that beats me. Before this year he was a third line mucker. He was more known as a fighter in the OHL.

He sure as hell didn't impress on the offensive end before playing with Scheifele this year. Are you sure you have the right board, player, opinions ?

Saying all that, currently, I think he has improved in a lot of ways to the point of looking like he could be a future NHLer. Before this year ? Nope.

[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm really doesn't come through very well does it.  The "everybody" was 100% tongue in cheek.  You inferred one lone soul was skeptical of Camara.  I ran with everybody else must have loved him then. 

Back to the original point....Whoda thunk it?

[/QUOTE]

Yes sarcasm was not detected by me . Duh ! It flew right over my head.........and sarcasm is one of my favourite things to do.

Whoda thunk ? Is the answer everybody

In actuality, Camara wouldn't even be close to being mentioned for Team Canada if his coach Dale Hawerchuk hadn't inserted him on the top line beside Scheifele. He showed nothing in previous years to warrant that move. Surprised the heck out of me when I first noticed it.

This will hopefully be good for his confidence because before this year he had 4th liner plugger ( fighting, hitting and checking ) written all over him with an upside of maybe being a 3rd liner.

Now playing with better players and producing points it might help him realize what he has to do, to contribute some offense also in his pro career down the road.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=647345&navid=nhl:topheads

Nashville Predators prospect and camp invitee Colton Sissons of the Kelowna Rockets in the Western Hockey League won't be attending due to an upper-body injury. Despite the fact defenseman Xavier Ouellet of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League's Blainville-Boisbriand Armada is suffering from an ankle sprain, Hockey Canada chief scout Kevin Prendergast said the 6-foot-1, 190-pound blueliner should be ready to go on Tuesday.

Florida Panthers prospect Jonathan Huberdeau of the Saint John Sea Dogs, meanwhile, could be facing a suspension for his actions on Sunday in a 4-2 loss to the Halifax Mooseheads. According to reports, Huberdeau, who played a role in Canada's bronze medal-winning effort at the 2012 WJC, dragged a linesman to the ice before engaging in a fight with an opposing player late in the third period. The incident is being investigated by the QMJHL. If Huberdeau is given a league suspension, it should not affect his place on this year's National Junior Team. "

The four goalies competing for two spots and one emergency backup role are Malcolm Subban (Boston Bruins) of the Belleville Bulls, Jordan Binnington (St. Louis Blues) of the Owen Sound Attack, Jake Paterson of (Detroit Red Wings) of the Saginaw Spirit and Laurent Broissoit (Calgary Flames) of the Edmonton Oil Kings. "

There was a question for quite some time about which forwards would be playing Canada if the NHL and NHLPA miraculously uncorked their heads out of dark unpleasant holes. Now that more NHL games have been cancelled Canada will have pretty much all their best forwards.

How does everyone up North feel about the goalie situation ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Full house in Calgary for a controlled scrimmage last night. The stands in Russia won't look like this come tournament time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Place me in the bunch (of one?) that thought Camara was a stiff.

Next up is which scout spotted that diamond in the rough?

Get more scouts like him.

I'm still skeptical about Grz, matter of fact that entire draft except for Subban who I think will be a HOF goaltender.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm still skeptical about Grz, matter of fact that entire draft except for Subban who I think will be a HOF goaltender.

[/QUOTE]

Being pessimistic on B's draft choices is a characteristic of yours we've grown accustomed to. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The numbers on Seth Griffith are pretty impressive. What makes you a skeptic with him ? Not disagreeing on your assumption. Just trying to pick the brain of someone who ( I think ) is a believer in increased production which he has done.

P.S. Make it quick before this post gets interpreted as another attack headed your way. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Team Canada loses 4-1 to the University of Alberta. Subban gives up all 4 (one a softy). Highlites of all the goals in the video player on...

http://www.tsn.ca/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's been fun watching Camara and Schiefele together when I can -  two prospects from my two favourite teams on the same line. But I have to give Ducky his props, prior to his draft year no one had even heard of Schiefele, and under Hawerchuk's tutelage, he turned him into a budding star. Now he's taking another player from that draft class and bringing out his offensive talent as well. In two and a half seasons behind the bench he's taken a bottom feeding team, turned them into one of the best squads in the O, and gotten talent and performance out of some highly unlikely sources. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the NHL sooner rather than later (maybe take over for Ruff if he ever leaves)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Have you seen Matt Grzelcyk or Seth Griffith play yet ?

PS. Is it too late for Canada to send University of Alberta to Russia instead ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

Team Canada loses 4-1 to the University of Alberta. Subban gives up all 4 (one a softy). Highlites of all the goals in the video player on...

[/QUOTE]

You sure? The box score has him at 15/18, and Brossoit at 18/19.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You sure? The box score has him at 15/18, and Brossoit at 18/19.

[/QUOTE]

You're right . My mistake.  All 4 goalies played a half a game each. The other two for U of A.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's been fun watching Camara and Schiefele together when I can -  two prospects from my two favourite teams on the same line. But I have to give Ducky his props, prior to his draft year no one had even heard of Schiefele, and under Hawerchuk's tutelage, he turned him into a budding star. Now he's taking another player from that draft class and bringing out his offensive talent as well. In two and a half seasons behind the bench he's taken a bottom feeding team, turned them into one of the best squads in the O, and gotten talent and performance out of some highly unlikely sources. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the NHL sooner rather than later (maybe take over for Ruff if he ever leaves)

[/QUOTE]

He was heard of. Just not rated as high at the start of the year as when the year had ended . Props to both Hawerchuk and Schiefele. The kid still had to bring to the ice what the coach had taught him . And he did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

The numbers on Seth Griffith are pretty impressive. What makes you a skeptic with him ? Not disagreeing on your assumption. Just trying to pick the brain of someone who ( I think ) is a believer in increased production which he has done.

P.S. Make it quick before this post gets interpreted as another attack headed your way. 

[/QUOTE]

Attack might be too strong, but you're tweaking the poor guy because two things he's said in the past seem to contradict one another here. 

I think the answer on Griffith you've given before is correct.  Great shot, smart player, but he sure doesn't look like an NHL skater and if he can't create space and time with his feet, his other attributes might not matter.  On the other hand, I think of Andrew Brunette when I watch him and think you know, there's room for a guy like this on a second line and the PP. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Subban didn't do too good in that game ... 3 goals allowed on 18 shots ... he started slow but got better thereafter.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/hockey/calgary-flames/Team+Canada+goalie+situation+remains+fluid/7691011/story.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=647593&navid=nhl:topheads

" The five players cut from the Canadian roster Wednesday were forwards Tyler Graovac (Minnesota Wild) and Sean Monahan (2013 draft eligible) of the Ottawa 67's, and defensemen Derrick Pouliot (Pittsburgh Penguins) of the Portland Winterhawks, Adam Pelech (New York Islanders) of the Erie Otters and Francis Beauvillier (Florida Panthers) of the Rimouski Oceanic. "

Five players cut from Canada's squad, Camara not one of them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Attack might be too strong, but you're tweaking the poor guy because two things he's said in the past seem to contradict one another here. 

I think the answer on Griffith you've given before is correct.  Great shot, smart player, but he sure doesn't look like an NHL skater and if he can't create space and time with his feet, his other attributes might not matter.  On the other hand, I think of Andrew Brunette when I watch him and think you know, there's room for a guy like this on a second line and the PP. 

[/QUOTE]

Is asking a question to BH in a civil manner to see if his beliefs have changed or to get clarification wrong ? 

If tweaking means this then that's me. It was a hockey question on a hockey board wasn't it ? Why are we here ? 

A short story on tweaking. 

I recall a poster named Bogie had certain beliefs in Julien and Thornton before someone anonymous "tweaked" the poor guy for morphing them into every conversation. The result ? Bogie pissed off, gone, never to morph again. Anonymous ? Stop that tweaking.

P.S. If Griffith was over 6' and 200 lbs like Brunette I'd make the comparison too. But at his height and weight he has to be a bit more craftier now and down the road to succeed. At least Brunette had some size. Griffith does not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

Team CAN Gs: Subban, Paterson, Binnington.

Team CAN Fs set: Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele; Hudon-Strome-Ritchie; Drouin-Jenner-Rattie; Camara-Danault-Lipon and MacKinnon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

Team CAN Gs: Subban, Paterson, Binnington.

Team CAN Fs set: Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele; Hudon-Strome-Ritchie; Drouin-Jenner-Rattie; Camara-Danault-Lipon and MacKinnon.

[/QUOTE]

Happy Camara made it !  I guess it was between he and Wilson for the energy role but Camara also brings a scoring touch . Proved himself without Schiefele , hey Chow !

Subban had a good come back game. Brossoit was pretty good and in my eyes outplayed maybe Binnington . Maybe Brossoit just had a good tryout but Binnington could be overall he's the better choice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Drouin.  Absolutely a pleasure to watch and McKinnon fast as any player in the tourney. Sick mits on both. I've watched a lot of mooseheads gms this year.  Those two will be a huge factor.  Go Canada go.  Sold out practices.  Canada's game!  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.usahockey.com/2012NJECFinalRoster.aspx

Matt Grzelcyk is in as well. So that is five Bruin prospects (Alexander Khokhlachev) in the 2013 WJC.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It'll be five - Khokhlachev was on the Russian team that did the CHL tour, so he'll be on the Russian WJHC team if he's healthy.

I have to admit, I'm probably too pleased to see Camara make the team.  I won't take it as meaning a whole lot other than what it is.  There's a part of me that thinks this, too, is partly owing to Scheifele.  Look at the forwards and there are a few Jr. line combos: Strome-Ritchie (+Hamilton), MacKinnon-Drouin, and Camara-Scheifele.  I doubt those combos remain intact because you know the top line will be RNH+Huberdeau+another wing, and I don't think any of these combos plays the energy role.  Camara and Scheifele could, but it's probably a waste of Scheifele.  That said, if I'm the coach and I'm looking for a contingency plan in case chemistry doesn't materialize, those are the beginnings of three pretty solid lines.  Put Huberdeau with Strome and Ritchie or RNH with Camara and Scheifele, add a guy like Jenner to the Halifax kids, and presto.  Backup plan.

Sections
Shortcuts