2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: 2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is asking a question to BH in a civil manner to see if his beliefs have changed or to get clarification wrong ? 

If tweaking means this then that's me [yup - that's you]. It was a hockey question on a hockey board wasn't it ? Why are we here ? 

A short story on tweaking. 

I recall a poster named Bogie had certain beliefs in Julien and Thornton before someone anonymous "tweaked" the poor guy for morphing them into every conversation. The result ? Bogie pissed off, gone, never to morph again. Anonymous ? Stop that tweaking.

P.S. If Griffith was over 6' and 200 lbs like Brunette I'd make the comparison too. But at his height and weight he has to be a bit more craftier now and down the road to succeed. At least Brunette had some size. Griffith does not.

[/QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong with tweaking BadHab or anyone.  I've said before, and someone anonymous has tweaked me about being NAS's biggest fan for it, but I assume that anyone who has played on a team recognizes the kind of banter on this board including the digs and the long memory people have when you say something stupid.  BadHab has said two things that, looking at Griffith's year, can't both be true and you have taken inconsistencies in BadHab's evaluations of Jr. players as a theme for months.  I don't have an issue with it.  I do laugh at your characterization of it as asking him a civil question to see if his beliefs as changed given that this very thread includes a long back and forth between you and Scooter where you're mocking Badhab's dismissal of Camara based on a few days at D-camp.  It's one more post in a long line where you're mocking BadHab's contributions to the conversation on Jr. players.

Fish in a barrell, sure, but it's still banter.  You're still riding him.

The anonymous person you mention re: bogie6 seemed to respond condescendingly to every post bogie made whether it included a reference to Julien mishandling young players or Thornton getting too much ice or not.  Flash poll: how many people who don't remember that exchange think "anonymous" must be NAS?  That said, I don't think bogie has disappeared from the board because of it - I think bogie actually said he was taking off due to a combination of the lockout and the re-design.  I hope that his advanced age (always leaving room for the possibility that the screen name "bogie 6" was used by a 13 yr old girl who played a lot of Call of Duty) doesn't have anything to do with it.

So to summarize (I know you hate long posts): Tweak away, but call it what it is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

P.S. If Griffith was over 6' and 200 lbs like Brunette I'd make the comparison too. But at his height and weight he has to be a bit more craftier now and down the road to succeed. At least Brunette had some size. Griffith does not.
    [/QUOTE]

I'm not sure the two inch difference in their heights will make much difference but Brunette's a pretty chunky 215 to Griffith's 185.  30 pounds will make a difference in terms of getting to scoring areas, protecting the puck etc..  Of course, 185 is a couple of pounds more than Seguin weighed when he was drafted, and Griffith has both height and weight advantages compared to a guy like Mikael Granlund who is being touted as an impact rookie if we ever see an NHL game again.  Similar size to Jaden Schwartz and Joey Hishon to pick two others from the 2010 draft.  The point being that this is all secondary stuff to his less than stellar skating which will almost certainly make it very difficult for him to use his puck skills at the highest level.  But if I'm living in the world of wishful thinking, the skills Griffith does have would best lend themselves to a Brunette like role and career. It's the romance of potential.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Place me in the bunch (of one?) that thought Camara was a stiff.

Next up is which scout spotted that diamond in the rough?

Get more scouts like him.

I'm still skeptical about Grz, matter of fact that entire draft except for Subban who I think will be a HOF goaltender.

[/QUOTE]

The numbers on Seth Griffith are pretty impressive. What makes you a skeptic with him ? Not disagreeing on your assumption. Just trying to pick the brain of someone who ( I think ) is a believer in increased production which he has done.

P.S. Make it quick before this post gets interpreted as another attack headed your way. 

[/QUOTE]

Whups didn't see that post.

Well, I have to sheepishly say it's because I watched him play.  Yes, this is in contradiction to my increasing production theory.  I find it amazing that he has put up such numbers because he seems to be completely disinterested while he's playing.  He looks like he already played a game before the one he's in and he's being punished or something.

How the heck does he get those numbers?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

How about that?  Camara's production is way up this year over last. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is asking a question to BH in a civil manner to see if his beliefs have changed or to get clarification wrong ? 

If tweaking means this then that's me [yup - that's you]. It was a hockey question on a hockey board wasn't it ? Why are we here ? 

A short story on tweaking. 

I recall a poster named Bogie had certain beliefs in Julien and Thornton before someone anonymous "tweaked" the poor guy for morphing them into every conversation. The result ? Bogie pissed off, gone, never to morph again. Anonymous ? Stop that tweaking.

[/QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong with tweaking BadHab or anyone.  I've said before, and someone anonymous has tweaked me about being NAS's biggest fan for it, but I assume that anyone who has played on a team recognizes the kind of banter on this board including the digs and the long memory people have when you say something stupid.  BadHab has said two things that, looking at Griffith's year, can't both be true and you have taken inconsistencies in BadHab's evaluations of Jr. players as a theme for months.  I don't have an issue with it.  I do laugh at your characterization of it as asking him a civil question to see if his beliefs as changed given that this very thread includes a long back and forth between you and Scooter where you're mocking Badhab's dismissal of Camara based on a few days at D-camp.  It's one more post in a long line where you're mocking BadHab's contributions to the conversation on Jr. players.

Fish in a barrell, sure, but it's still banter.  You're still riding him.

The anonymous person you mention re: bogie6 seemed to respond condescendingly to every post bogie made whether it included a reference to Julien mishandling young players or Thornton getting too much ice or not.  Flash poll: how many people who don't remember that exchange think "anonymous" must be NAS?  That said, I don't think bogie has disappeared from the board because of it - I think bogie actually said he was taking off due to a combination of the lockout and the re-design.  I hope that his advanced age (always leaving room for the possibility that the screen name "bogie 6" was used by a 13 yr old girl who played a lot of Call of Duty) doesn't have anything to do with it.

So to summarize (I know you hate long posts): Tweak away, but call it what it is.

[/QUOTE]

My vote wouldn't be Nas. And you ? *crickets*

Tweak away but call it what is ? 

Maybe call it....... Chowda being Chowda.......... or is that phrase just reserved for _ _ _  by way of BB ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Place me in the bunch (of one?) that thought Camara was a stiff.

Next up is which scout spotted that diamond in the rough?

Get more scouts like him.

I'm still skeptical about Grz, matter of fact that entire draft except for Subban who I think will be a HOF goaltender.

[/QUOTE]

The numbers on Seth Griffith are pretty impressive. What makes you a skeptic with him ? Not disagreeing on your assumption. Just trying to pick the brain of someone who ( I think ) is a believer in increased production which he has done.

P.S. Make it quick before this post gets interpreted as another attack headed your way. 

[/QUOTE]

Whups didn't see that post.

Well, I have to sheepishly say it's because I watched him play.  Yes, this is in contradiction to my increasing production theory.  I find it amazing that he has put up such numbers because he seems to be completely disinterested while he's playing.  He looks like he already played a game before the one he's in and he's being punished or something.

How the heck does he get those numbers?

[/QUOTE]

By being opportunistic with his scoring chances and setups ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

How about that?  Camara's production is way up this year over last. 

[/QUOTE]

And guess what ? He'll be playing on the big ice surface in Russia for Canada. I said big ice surface....... Lots of ice...... Wide.....big ........which means........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE] How about that?  Camara's production is way up this year over last.

And guess what ? He'll be playing on the big ice surface in Russia for Canada. I said big ice surface....... Lots of ice...... Wide.....big ........which means........[/QUOTE]

The ice is big n wide and lots of it ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE] How about that?  Camara's production is way up this year over last.

And guess what ? He'll be playing on the big ice surface in Russia for Canada. I said big ice surface....... Lots of ice...... Wide.....big ........which means........[/QUOTE]

The ice is big n wide and lots of it ?

[/QUOTE]

Uggh. 

I'll make it easy for you.

Questions : Have you ever played on olympic sized ice compared to regular dimensions ? I have. Big difference.  

What do you think would help any player playing on it ?

Answer: Being a really bad skater, slow of foot is not the answer........................ Camara was chosen therefore .................get it ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.usahockey.com/2012NJECFinalRoster.aspx

Matt Grzelcyk is in as well. So that is five Bruin prospects (Alexander Khokhlachev) in the 2013 WJC.

[/QUOTE]

Actually this is currently incorrect.  

Team USA will make it's cuts while they're over in Europe. They will bring everyone and then decide over there unlike Canada who have already made their cuts before they go over.

I heard this info last night while watching hockey on the tube.

You cannot carry a roster of the amount of players ( over 30 ) as the list above shows. I believe the number is 23.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And for those interested in watching a little hockey, TSN has coverage of a couple of pre WJC games. Can-Fin 9:30am and U.S.-Swe 12:30pm today. Replays will be shown tonight on TSN 7:30 and TSN2 midnight. All EST.

Malcom Subban starts in goal for Canada today with hopefully Dougie playing too.

Edit : Oh and it would be great if Matt G. plays for the States. It would be my first time seeing him play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE]In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]   http://www.usahockey.com/2012NJECFinalRoster.aspx

Matt Grzelcyk is in as well. So that is five Bruin prospects (Alexander Khokhlachev) in the 2013 WJC. [/QUOTE] Actually this is currently incorrect.  Team USA will make it's cuts while they're over in Europe. They will bring everyone and then decide over there unlike Canada who have already made their cuts before they go over. I heard this info last night while watching hockey on the tube. You cannot carry a roster of the amount of players ( over 30 ) as the list above shows. I believe the number is 23. [/QUOTE]

You have some insight you think that Grzelcyk isn't going to make it five Bruins in the WJC ? Is that from watching Matt on the TV ?

"The ice is big n wide and lots of it ?"

Clueless to think that some on here doen't know that most of the rinks are bigger in Europe. I was making fun of the fact that you try to hard sometimes.  Thank you for the correction on roster size real helpful lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE]In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]   http://www.usahockey.com/2012NJECFinalRoster.aspx

Matt Grzelcyk is in as well. So that is five Bruin prospects (Alexander Khokhlachev) in the 2013 WJC. [/QUOTE] Actually this is currently incorrect.  Team USA will make it's cuts while they're over in Europe. They will bring everyone and then decide over there unlike Canada who have already made their cuts before they go over. I heard this info last night while watching hockey on the tube. You cannot carry a roster of the amount of players ( over 30 ) as the list above shows. I believe the number is 23. [/QUOTE]

You have some insight you think that Grzelcyk isn't going to make it five Bruins in the WJC ? Is that from watching Matt on the TV ?

"The ice is big n wide and lots of it ?"

Clueless to think that some on here doen't know that most of the rinks are bigger in Europe. I was making fun of the fact that you try to hard sometimes.  Thank you for the correction on roster size real helpful lol

[/QUOTE]

U.S. hasn't made it's cuts yet. It has nothing to do with me watching him on tv. It had to do with he hasn't made the team yet. No one has. Incorrect info was given. My apologies if you're offended for correcting it.

Btw your very welcome for the roster size info. And yes the ice is big n wide and lots of it also.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"U.S. hasn't made it's cuts yet. It has nothing to do with me watching him on tv. It had to do with he hasn't made the team yet. No one has. Incorrect info was given. My apologies if you're offended for correcting it."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=12336

"With just 26 players left in camp and a need to get the roster down to 23 prior to the start of the 2013 IIHF World Junior Championship, coach Phil Housley said the job of deciding who stays and who goes home isn't getting any easier."

The US will be going to Russia with the correct amount of players like all other nations.

Lighten up Francis good grief. Is that you Jeff Marek ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

loss 3-2 for Canada

Ugly game by Canada against the Finns. 2 5 on 3 PP goals for the Finns and a weak 3rd goal on Subban. 

As for the 2 other Bruins really didn't see anything special from Camara, Dougie looked ok on the 1st unit of PP  other than that they, the whole team looked asleep . Let's call it jet lag.

Canada very un-disciplined (Dougie 2 calls). Some so so calls but that's how they will call them in Europe.

Also they better get used to the big ice surface otherwise they'll have big problems in the tournament . Especially penalty killing , so so much space and Canada's PK was lost, awful.

Wish I could check out the U.S. but some of us have to work. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=647896

"The 2013 edition of the Canadian junior team features Phillip Danault of Victoriaville, Que. (Chicago Blackhawks), Jonathan Drouin of Huberdeau, Que. (eligible for 2013 NHL Draft), Charles Hudon of Boisbriand, Que. (Montreal Canadiens), Jonathan Huberdeau of St-Jérôme, Que. (Florida Panthers) and Xavier Ouellet of Terrebonne, Que. (Detroit Red Wings).

All five of those players went through the entirety of Hockey Quebec's "integrated structure" that was implemented six years ago, a program that identifies 300 of the province's elite players at the age of 13 and provides specialized training and competition until they reach junior age."

What's up with the Quebecors this year Legion ? Just cyclical ?...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

"U.S. hasn't made it's cuts yet. It has nothing to do with me watching him on tv. It had to do with he hasn't made the team yet. No one has. Incorrect info was given. My apologies if you're offended for correcting it."

"With just 26 players left in camp and a need to get the roster down to 23 prior to the start of the 2013 IIHF World Junior Championship, coach Phil Housley said the job of deciding who stays and who goes home isn't getting any easier."

The US will be going to Russia with the correct amount of players like all other nations.

[/QUOTE]

As pointed out previously. They'll make their cuts over there.

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/12/16/3774568/world-junior-hockey-2013-team-usa-wont-make-cuts-until-after-pre

Saying they'll be going to Russia with the correct amount of players like all other nations is obvious considering.........ummm.....they have to. They are currently in Finland.

"The camp then will move to Helsinki, Finland, Dec. 19-23 before the final 23-man roster, which will include three goalies, is determined Dec. 23."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Considering the context of your previous post ( and bouts of "losing it" syndrome ) don't you think this is a bit silly ? If you don't mind I think I'll pass on your advice.  

And thanks for your concern as of late with me ( how I feel, how I act, who I can post to and what I can say ) but I already have a posting coach ( Bookboy ) who I'm quite happy with.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[/QUOTE] Actually this is currently incorrect.  

Team USA will make it's cuts while they're over in Europe. They will bring everyone and then decide over there unlike Canada who have already made their cuts before they go over.

You cannot carry a roster of the amount of players ( over 30 ) as the list above shows. I believe the number is 23. [/QUOTE]

The US had made cuts or they would still be at the number they started with NOT 26. Having only 3 cuts left means THEY HAVE MADE CUTS before arriving in Finland and would have the proper amount to start the WJC in RUSSIA. So your correction was incorrect!

Obvious ? Like trying to explain the Obvious that the rinks in Europe are bigger n wider. Genious!

PS. Citing SBNation for your argument is more genious seeing that no one with a clue goes there for relevant information lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[/QUOTE] Actually this is currently incorrect.  

You cannot carry a roster of the amount of players ( over 30 ) as the list above shows. I believe the number is 23. [/QUOTE]

The US had made cuts or they would still be at the number they started with NOT 26. Having only 3 cuts left means THEY HAVE MADE CUTS before arriving in Finland and would have the proper amount to start the WJC in RUSSIA. So your correction was incorrect!

Obvious ? Like trying to explain the Obvious that the rinks in Europe are bigger n wider. Genious!

PS. Citing SBNation for your argument is more genious seeing that no one with a clue goes there for relevant information lol

[/QUOTE]

The camp then will move to Helsinki, Finland, Dec. 19-23 before the final 23-man roster, which will include three goalies, is determined Dec. 23."
                                                                   -------------
    This was the last part of my post. It came from nhl.com. Relevant enough !

You taking this to an argument is sad. Next time I'll leave you in the dark and not correct what you obviously didn't know. At the tiime of your comment no one had made the final USA roster including Matt G. because the final cuts weren't made yet ( and still haven't ). 

Sorry for giving the correct info and you can continue thinking that Matt G. made the team a week ago.

P.S. "that the rinks in Europe are bigger n wider." Sarcasm can be missed often by the simple minded.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And back to the hockey talk............... Subban's play yesterday ? Yuck ! Jamie McLennan's description of him looking uncomfortable and trying to force his movements in the net was bang on for me. 

Arm's flailing high in the air whenever he went post to post ? Very uncharacteristic of what I've seen so far from him. In the past he has done this occasionally as a desperation move to get across the crease. He was doing this almost everytime. Binnington is more of a technical goalie then Subban relying more on positioning then athleticism as Subban does. I'm guessing when the tourney starts Spott will have Binnington in the net.

And first thoughts on Matt G. for me ? Great skater who looks a little overmatched at times in his own end.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

Considering the context of your previous post ( and bouts of "losing it" syndrome ) don't you think this is a bit silly ? If you don't mind I think I'll pass on your advice.  

And thanks for your concern as of late with me ( how I feel, how I act, who I can post to and what I can say ) but I already have a posting coach ( Bookboy ) who I'm quite happy with.  

[/QUOTE]

With the right discipline and perseverence, son, I think we can get you to 10,000 posts without being suspended.  You put in the work, and we might get there without anyone calling you something that ends in -face."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/wjc2013-iihf-upholds-stefan-noesen-suspension-bar-him-161957093.html

"Noesen was ejected from the Whalers game versus the Oshawa Generals on Dec. 8 fter he leapt into a high hit on Generals defenceman Tyler Hore, who has not played since the game against Plymouth. Noesen was suspended for 10 games and would be eligible to return Jan. 11 against Brampton. As it happens, the world junior championship runs from Dec. 26 to Jan. 5, with every game of the suspension covered for the time. Last season, the IIHF upheld a 20-game suspension to German forward Tom Kühnhackl after his vicious hit that held Ryan Murphy out of the tournament for Team Canada.

What may cook the noodle of several observers is that the IIHF and Hockey Canada appear to be letting Jonathan Huberdeau, who is currently sitting out suspension of the QMJHL after tackling a linesman last week, play in pre-tournament and tournament games. Huberdeau only received a four-game suspension, which is set to expire Thursday, a few hours after Canada plays its first pre-tournament game versus Finland."

Noeson's hit was terrible deseves a long suspension. Apparently though the IIHF allows tackling a linesman...hmmm. Another smelly situation in suburbia!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With the right discipline and perseverence, son, I think we can get you to 10,000 posts without being suspended.  You put in the work, and we might get there without anyone calling you something that ends in -face."

[/QUOTE]

I have all the faith in your teachings coach. I look forward to being taught the art of TLDR posts and people thinking that my _______ doesn't stink. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

loss 3-2 for Canada

Ugly game by Canada against the Finns. 2 5 on 3 PP goals for the Finns and a weak 3rd goal on Subban. 

As for the 2 other Bruins really didn't see anything special from Camara, Dougie looked ok on the 1st unit of PP  other than that they, the whole team looked asleep . Let's call it jet lag.

Canada very un-disciplined (Dougie 2 calls). Some so so calls but that's how they will call them in Europe.

Also they better get used to the big ice service otherwise they'll have big problems in the tournament . Especially penalty killing , so so much space and Canada's PK was lost, awful.

Wish I could check out the U.S. but some of us have to work. :)

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Nice update BsLegion. Canada's coach has no problems how Subban played in that game, unlike some of the meathead Canadian press.

I didn't have privy to seeing that game, but the 3rd goal allowed by Subban was actually a deflection, not a weak goal.

As per TSN.ca:

The game-winning goal was the source of much of the criticism directed at the Belleville Bulls goalie, but Tugnutt absolved Subban of any blame for that one as well.

"We have great video that I went through and, I don't think anyone knows, but the last goal was actually tipped," he said. "I was completely comfortable with Malcolm's game. I thought he made some key saves at key times to give us a chance and he'll just get better."

"I saw it going up and my glove started going up," Subban said when asked about the third Finnish goal, "and then it started flipping down and I tried to get to it, but it was too late. It's whatever. I still got to do what I can. Obviously [the deflection] makes it a little more challenging."

In Summary ... Subban allowed 2 goals when the Finns had a 5 on 3 PP ... the other goal was a deflection.

Go Subban Go!

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=412086

[/QUOTE]