2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: 2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow Slovakia ties Russia with 37 seconds left. So much for being a pushover in that bracket.

[/QUOTE]

Koko had a good look at the tying goal, didn't bear down in front of his own net.

That said, scored a nice goal earlier in the game, quick release from the slot on a partial breakaway.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pauly1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Canada is the team to beat, any of u watch the super series this summer?

[/QUOTE]

Wrong Pauly. I would say the Russians are the team to beat.  Won the gold 2 years ago, silver last year after a long OT aginst Sweeden , very good goal tending, used to playing on the big ice surfance (not service LOL) AND they're at home. 

BTW the super series they were in every game against Canada and won as much as the Canadians , only a shootout in the last game determined the winner in Canada. The Subways series also , while a little different ,  Canada's talent was spread out between the 3 leagues ,  the Russians did very well and again series was won on the last game by a shootout.

Canada must get accustomed very fast to playing the big ice surface, especially while on the PK where there's a whole lot of space to move the puck around when you're up a man . Although against the Swedes they did pretty well. So does the goalies (Subban) , shots come from different angles .

Binnington was very good and that spells decision time for coach , Subban ?  I'm guessing they start with Binnington , then go to Subban but in the end coach will go with Subban just for his experience in International play.  Good move ?  maybe not but it's Canada's conservative way.

p.s. U.S.A made their cuts and another Bruin in the tourny.  5 total.

[/QUOTE]

The only reason it went to a shootout was becacause  2 of canada's 3 goaltenders where absolutely terrible. The only game canada deserved to lose was game 1 and subban stole that one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Just watched the russia game live (also the canada game) they look really beatable. Just like last summer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Most people on here do not relize that subban plays for belleville and they have olympic size ice. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment: [QUOTE]In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow Slovakia ties Russia with 37 seconds left. So much for being a pushover in that bracket. [/QUOTE]Koko had a good look at the tying goal, didn't bear down in front of his own net.

That said, scored a nice goal earlier in the game, quick release from the slot on a partial breakaway. [/QUOTE]

I still say it's a good thing for a heavily favored team to have a test in a tournament early.

And to your KoKo comment- Yes he can get the puck over the shoulder of the goalie and under the crossbar rather quickly.

4 on 4 on Olympic/IIHF sized ice is amost unfair but fun to watch. The Slovakian goalie had no chance on the Russian OT winner. 1st goal of the year for that KHL defensman, made it count.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wrong Pauly. I would say the Russians are the team to beat.  Won the gold 2 years ago, silver last year after a long OT aginst Sweeden , very good goal tending, used to playing on the big ice surfance (not service LOL) AND they're at home. 

BTW the super series they were in every game against Canada and won as much as the Canadians , only a shootout in the last game determined the winner in Canada. The Subways series also , while a little different ,  Canada's talent was spread out between the 3 leagues ,  the Russians did very well and again series was won on the last game by a shootout.

Canada must get accustomed very fast to playing the big ice surface, especially while on the PK where there's a whole lot of space to move the puck around when you're up a man . Although against the Swedes they did pretty well. So does the goalies (Subban) , shots come from different angles .

Binnington was very good and that spells decision time for coach , Subban ?  I'm guessing they start with Binnington , then go to Subban but in the end coach will go with Subban just for his experience in International play.  Good move ?  maybe not but it's Canada's conservative way.

[/QUOTE]

Watching USA vs. Germany now, Grzelcyk not dressed.  They mentioned on the broadcast that USA has left an open roster spot that will be filled by either Grzelcyk or Patrick Sieloff as the 7th d-man.

From the web:

Roster update: Team USA submitted its roster to tournament officials, but left an open spot leaving the team flexibility to name another defenseman later in the tournament. Matt Grzelcyk and Patrick Sieloff are not on the roster sent to the IIHF, but are with the team.

http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/news_article/show/205743

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Watching USA vs. Germany now, Grzelcyk not dressed.  They mentioned on the broadcast that USA has left an open roster spot that will be filled by either Grzelcyk or Patrick Sieloff as the 7th d-man.

From the web:

Roster update: Team USA submitted its roster to tournament officials, but left an open spot leaving the team flexibility to name another defenseman later in the tournament. Matt Grzelcyk and Patrick Sieloff are not on the roster sent to the IIHF, but are with the team.

http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/news_article/show/205743

[/QUOTE]

Yes I heard this.  who would have thunk it !  After a game they can and will send someone home.  I don't like their system of elimination. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Grzelcyk is still in Russia they aren't going to fly him to Boston then fly him back Russia especially with Conner Murphy's injury up in the air.

For the fans that don't think its right, players need to get used to being called up n down. Go to the airport no stay, drive up to Boston no stay in Providence etc. I will not shed a tear for a player not being home for the holidays, this is the profession Grzelcyk chose.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The Russians yesterday looked like they were going to rip the Slovacs apart. Closer than I thought . The Russians are still the team to beat IMO. Just they way they move the puck around with that speed they possess will spell trouble for any team.
    Sure Canada won their game easily but at times did not look good in their own zone and these were just the Germans.
    Subban in the periods 1 and 2 didn't have any big saves to make 1st goal no chance but was nowhere near to making the save and the other 2 mistakes from his teammates in front of him . Although in big games he has to stop some of these point blank shots in alone with him.  In the 3rd period he did just that with 2 or 3 great saves.  Hope this continues.

Worst part of this tournament , THE OFFICIATING ! If the NHL had this type of officiating the Bruins would be in last place.
    Seems like the Gold will be won by the team with the best special teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

Grzelcyk is still in Russia they aren't going to fly him to Boston then fly him back Russia especially with Conner Murphy's injury up in the air.

For the fans that don't think its right, players need to get used to being called up n down. Go to the airport no stay, drive up to Boston no stay in Providence etc. I will not shed a tear for a player not being home for the holidays, this is the profession Grzelcyk chose.

[/QUOTE]

Yesterday while watching the Canadian game that's what they were saying,  " it will be a long flight home for whomever gets cut "  Maybe they're not taking the injury factor into consideration but the American roster takes this into account when they choose their final roster,  I would think. Not every player on the roster gets to play, they have spares.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I hope they fly Grzelcyk straight to Denver as I have Denver-BU tickets for Saturday night.  I suspect he isn't going anywhere though until Murphy is cleared by doctors and Sieloff is inserted into to the lineup as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

U.S.A was very impressive. Can't wait to see tomorrow's game against the Russians and how they will recieve Alex Galchenyuk. Both the players and the fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:[/QUOTE] Yesterday while watching the Canadian game that's what they were saying,  " it will be a long flight home for whomever gets cut "  Maybe they're not taking the injury factor into consideration but the American roster takes this into account when they choose their final roster,  I would think. Not every player on the roster gets to play, they have spares. [/QUOTE]

I didn't realize teams kept that many spares. I think the Finland game hurt Matt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:[/QUOTE] Yesterday while watching the Canadian game that's what they were saying,  " it will be a long flight home for whomever gets cut "  Maybe they're not taking the injury factor into consideration but the American roster takes this into account when they choose their final roster,  I would think. Not every player on the roster gets to play, they have spares. [/QUOTE]

I didn't realize teams kept that many spares. I think the Finland game hurt Matt.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure spares is the correct term .  I think they have 1 or 2 players that don't dress or are scratched after warm ups . 

Anyway I was sure Matt was in,  we'll see....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

U.S.A was very impressive. Can't wait to see tomorrow's game against the Russians and how they will recieve Alex Galchenyuk. Both the players and the fans.

This is going to be a very tricky bracket with Slovakia playing well. Not a shoe in for the US to beat Slovakia after playing Russia and Canada. I'd rather not see must wins for the US after losing to Russia. Short quick tournaments goalies gotta be on top of their games.

PS. I don't feel bad for Germany they destroy us in soccer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Agree with Sandog, I'm really wary of this bracket for the US.  They have a solid team and a real good backend, but I don't think they have the talent to pull away from too many teams (Germany excluded).  They'll have to win by executing very well and out-hustling people, which is really hard to do in a short tournment with consecutive games and a roster of teenagers.  It'll be a nail-biter to get out of this bracket.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree with Sandog, I'm really wary of this bracket for the US.  They have a solid team and a real good backend, but I don't think they have the talent to pull away from too many teams (Germany excluded).  They'll have to win by executing very well and out-hustling people, which is really hard to do in a short tournment with consecutive games and a roster of teenagers.  It'll be a nail-biter to get out of this bracket.

[/QUOTE]

I found the U.S. played better than Canada against the Germans

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment: [/QUOTE] I found the U.S. played better than Canada against the Germans  [/QUOTE]

You, Fletch and I could beat z germans lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Grzelcyk final player cut.

http://nesn.com/2012/12/bruins-prospect-matt-grzelyck-cut-from-team-usa-at-world-junior-championship/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Seems like that Camara hit woke up the Canadians because before that they kept trailing by 2 goals , looked robotic with no emotions .  They even played better in their own end rather than trying to play a static zone D .

Even their special teams played better in the 2nd half of their game . I was starting to feel the Canadian PP was being coached by Ward.  They got to be better on PK , the Russians will kill them with their PP.  Russians PP is a smooth machine.

Seems the same for Subban, looks un-comfortable in net and not seeing the puck well the frist two periods . Then has a very strong 3rd. 

All I know is when they play better teams like the U.S. and Russians they have to play well from the start , there won't be catching up every game.

Props on Scheifele, played with lots of energy .

I just hope the officiating does not get in their heads and Canada continues to play their game , with emotion.

Props

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Jones hasn't been impressive so far.  Poor passes, bad decisions.  The skill is definitely there.

The Russians out hustled the USA.

Can't wait for the Canada game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Babajingo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jones hasn't been impressive so far.  Poor passes, bad decisions.  The skill is definitely there.

The Russians out hustled the USA.

Can't wait for the Canada game.

[/QUOTE]

Seth Jones on the game winning goal cannot have the Russian rushing up the ice go around him to the net like that.

The Russians seem all dash and flash .  Again,  their goaltending , both guys are very impressive, solid.

Fletch and Sandog forsaw the problems the U.S. can encounter. Slovacs also in a must win situation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The US beat themselves all damn game long. Russia easliy had more skill but got beat 5 on 5 all game except for one awful defensive coverage play. There are about 3 forwards on the US worth a damn and Trouba is a stud.

The only thing that might help the US against Canada is goaltending. That is the only area I think the US has a slight edge. Other than that the US can't put the puck away when needed. If this tournament doesn't end up Canada vs USSR I will be shocked.

PS. Housley had better learn to identify which forwards to play where and with which linemates if he is ever going to become more than assistant or minor league head coach. Phil did not switch up line personel at all during the game to see what worked.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Trouba surprised me - I hadn't seen him much and I thought the Jets were nuts picking another young D so high. I can see why now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

The US beat themselves all damn game long. Russia easliy had more skill but got beat 5 on 5 all game except for one awful defensive coverage play. There are about 3 forwards on the US worth a damn and Trouba is a stud.

The only thing that might help the US against Canada is goaltending. That is the only area I think the US has a slight edge. Other than that the US can't put the puck away when needed. If this tournament doesn't end up Canada vs USSR I will be shocked.

PS. Housley had better learn to identify which forwards to play where and with which linemates if he is ever going to become more than assistant or minor league head coach. Phil did not switch up line personel at all during the game to see what worked.

[/QUOTE]

Grimaldi impressed me with his skating and grit for a small guy but shoot the friiggin puck sooner !! So many chances and when he finally shot it was always in the gut of Makarov. Remind you of someone ?