2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Re: 2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

I still have to laugh at the experts on here....many said russia is the team to beat lol. Canada is clearly the team to beat and if they don't win it the usa will. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Who was it that said this a one horse race!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still have to laugh at the experts on here....many said russia is the team to beat lol. Canada is clearly the team to beat and if they don't win it the usa will. 

[/QUOTE]

Who said Russia was the team to beat?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I laugh at how the expert reminds others it will be a one horse race and in his previous post picks two teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I laugh at how the expert reminds others it will be a one horse race and in his previous post picks two teams.

[/QUOTE] Nothing is for sure in a one game elimination. Just like the joke that is called the spengler. It was quite entertaining to watch Jumbo Joe laughing on the ice while team Canada celebrated there win (that one finnished the way it should have), and by the way, it doesn't take an expert to see who should win the juniors.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Everybody picks a second team, u sure can be slow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In a one horse race, there is only, you know, one horse, so there is only one winner possible. If this is a one horse race, you can't list a second horse, just in case the only horse in the race goes all Barbaro on you.

But again, I ask, who said it will be Russia?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who said Russia was the team to beat?

[/QUOTE]

I said they were the team to beat before the tournament started but never said anything that it was a one horse race .  Team to beat means just that , does it mean they're the best in the World and can't be beat ? 

I based my opinion of the Russians being the host team , maybe having the best goal tender duo ,  with the officiating in Europe one of the best PPs ,  being almost equal to Canada in that mini series this summer (losing only in a shoot out)  and 9 players returning from the team that beat Canada last year and went to OT for the Gold.

Right now sure looks like the Canadians are the best team but they have won nothing .  They will most likely meet the U.S. and it's not a given seeing how close game 1 was. If they get through they play most likely the Russians again .  Russians can only use their loss as motivation . 

All this to say the best team hasn't won the gold yet and will only be determined in the final, Pauly !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and I never called myself an expert. It's my opinion !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In a one horse race, there is only, you know, one horse, so there is only one winner possible. If this is a one horse race, you can't list a second horse, just in case the only horse in the race goes all Barbaro on you.

But again, I ask, who said it will be Russia?

[/QUOTE]

You must be slow like me. Everbody picks two winners in a one horse race.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:[QUOTE]In response to Bisson1's comment:

Yay, competitive hockey to watch during winter break. Will these games be on TV ?

NHL Network in the US will show the TSN feed, that is a good thing because the coverage is great.

On the Euro sheets of ice I think Russia is going to be the team to beat. [/QUOTE]

I think Makorov is the type goalie that could steal a game even when a team like Canada is dominating.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Subban looks like he has a long way to go before backing up in the nhl. I dont get what games ppl are watching he was strong against the usa but in the other games he let in some of the softest goals. The best goalie in the wjc is andrei vasilevski kid looks lights out every time he is on the ice. Camara is still chipping in offensively but his hits are eye opening kid is a legit power forward. As for koko he looks good in the wjc but in the khl he looks like a boy in the mens league he is far from the more physical nhl. Dougie has a far better defensive game from last year, he is ready for the show. Unrelated to the wjc lars volden is playing in the sm-liiga and in 5 starts looks like he may be ready to jump the pond.

[/QUOTE]

Peculiar statement considering they used a first round pick on him.

"Let's take that Subban kid. He can be our backup for years to come". 

[/QUOTE]

How many years do you think rask has left in a bs uniform. Kid is 25, subban has a long way too go just to backup rask. Then we have Svedberg, hutch and volden who are all farther along in development. He could only hope to be the backup in the next 2-3 years. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Subban looks like he has a long way to go before backing up in the nhl. I dont get what games ppl are watching he was strong against the usa but in the other games he let in some of the softest goals. The best goalie in the wjc is andrei vasilevski kid looks lights out every time he is on the ice. Camara is still chipping in offensively but his hits are eye opening kid is a legit power forward. As for koko he looks good in the wjc but in the khl he looks like a boy in the mens league he is far from the more physical nhl. Dougie has a far better defensive game from last year, he is ready for the show. Unrelated to the wjc lars volden is playing in the sm-liiga and in 5 starts looks like he may be ready to jump the pond.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How many years do you think rask has left in a bs uniform. Kid is 25, subban has a long way too go just to backup rask. Then we have Svedberg, hutch and volden who are all farther along in development. He could only hope to be the backup in the next 2-3 years. 

[/QUOTE]

my bad clicked on reply.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Nothing is for sure in a one game elimination. Just like the joke that is called the spengler. It was quite entertaining to watch Jumbo Joe laughing on the ice while team Canada celebrated there win (that one finnished the way it should have), and by the way, it doesn't take an expert to see who should win the juniors.

[/QUOTE]

Remember, Jumbo Joe always was a good loser.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:[QUOTE] In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE] Subban looks like he has a long way to go before backing up in the nhl.

[/QUOTE]

"Let's take that Subban kid. He can be our backup for years to come". [/QUOTE]

How many years do you think rask has left in a bs uniform. Kid is 25, subban has a long way too go just to backup rask. Then we have Svedberg, hutch and volden who are all farther along in development. He could only hope to be the backup in the next 2-3 years. [/QUOTE]

Hutchinson will never be a backup in the NHL, he is barley a backup in the AHL. Volden I wouldn't say is ahead of Subban as he has never starred in a WJC like Subban and is considered a project as a 6th round pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Volden is in the smi-liiga compared to the wjc id say he is farther along in development. As for hutch prob right, he will be passed over next season to give subban a roster spot in prov. I was pointing out the fact we are loaded with goalie prospects which i have been saying since last season before we drafted subban. So to say that we drafted him to someday be our starting goalie is a little far fethced. With rask only at the age of 25 id say he will be here for a long time. Subban has a pretty slim shot at starting for the bruins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

...........and to add to Sandog's point, how many of these goalies at Subban's age had developed to the point to where he is currently at. Maybe, only Rask.

And 3-4 years from now, who knows ? Maybe it will be Rask who only could hope to be the backup..............because if Subban keeps developing like he has, he won't be sitting.

But of course you know of his development with your free OHL web site.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Volden is in the smi-liiga compared to the wjc id say he is farther along in development. As for hutch prob right, he will be passed over next season to give subban a roster spot in prov. I was pointing out the fact we are loaded with goalie prospects which i have been saying since last season before we drafted subban. So to say that we drafted him to someday be our starting goalie is a little far fethced. With rask only at the age of 25 id say he will be here for a long time. Subban has a pretty slim shot at starting for the bruins.

[/QUOTE]

Why else would the B's draft Subban in the first round ? To be a career minor leaguer. If he  turns out to be a better goalie then Rask then why not ? Doesn't seem so far fetched or slim to me. 

It sounds logical.

You make like Rask is untouchable as a starter for as long as he's in a B's uniform. What has he done to achieve such lofty status ?

He doesn't have his name on the cup because of the way he played in the playoffs ? 

Goalies don't last forever if they don't win. Changes happen, especially when there's talent waiting in the wings. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why else would the B's draft Subban in the first round ? To be a career minor leaguer. If he  turns out to be a better goalie then Rask then why not ? Doesn't seem so far fetched or slim to me. 

It sounds logical.

You make like Rask is untouchable as a starter for as long as he's in a B's uniform. What has he done to achieve such lofty status ?

He doesn't have his name on the cup because of the way he played in the playoffs ? 

Goalies don't last forever if they don't win. Changes happen, especially when there's talent waiting in the wings. 

[/QUOTE]

If Tuukka doesn't distance himself from his nagging groin problems, who knows what will happen. As far as being the undeniable no. #1 in the nets for the B's, he has to prove it on a consistent basis.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't know if smi-liiga is considered the A-League of Finland. Even if it was I wouldn't say Volden is ahead of Subban but that is really opinion based on how good that league is.

To your point about the Bruins being loaded at goaltender prospects I agree. This is the best the Bruins have been since Moog/Lemllin at that positon. Khodobin bolting for the tax free money ofthe KHL has to be a concern for Chiarelli, so again never enough good goalies to have around.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

How about the SWISS ??  Tied after 2 with the Russians .  Swiss taking it to the team to beat :)

I like the way they play, it's very similar to North American hockey .  LX are big on the neutral zone trap though, Russians not getting any space , only managed scoring on their PP.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

4 minutes left in the game and the Swiss lead WoW.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It sounds logical.

[/QUOTE]

If Tuukka doesn't distance himself from his nagging groin problems, who knows what will happen. As far as being the undeniable no. #1 in the nets for the B's, he has to prove it on a consistent basis.

[/QUOTE]

So do you think subban is better than rask or will be in the future? It is pretty easy to say if rask doesn't play good someone else will get as shot kind of common sense. That doesn't impress me with any type judgement of talent. I stated I do not think that subban will ever be the starting goalie for the bruins, so if you don't have anything to add but if rask is hurt or doesn't perform there's is a chance subban will start. If rask gets injured and subban plays he is still the backup goalie. Grow some fortitude and state an opinion. Judge his talent and give future predictions otherwise don't comment on my post because it doesn't add anything to the conversation. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know if smi-liiga is considered the A-League of Finland. Even if it was I wouldn't say Volden is ahead of Subban but that is really opinion based on how good that league is.

To your point about the Bruins being loaded at goaltender prospects I agree. This is the best the Bruins have been since Moog/Lemllin at that positon. Khodobin bolting for the tax free money ofthe KHL has to be a concern for Chiarelli, so again never enough good goalies to have around.

[/QUOTE]

Yes smi-liiga is the top league in Finland. It is the same league rask developed in before starting in the ahl. There is a lot of nhl talent right now in this league as well, so the competition is fairly good this season. Volden is in competition for the starting job as he is outperforming the current starter. In 6 games he has a 2.08 which would be tops of the league if he had more starts, if he can keep up his development we will have a logjam at the goalie position next season. Only a season after everyone said we had no goalie depth in prospects, go figure. On the other hand I think I was in the minority when I said we had goalie depth before getting subban. Don't like drafting goalie in the first round when you can develop sixth round guys over three yrs to be just as good. Having a ton of talent in net is a luxury that I hope last. But I still don't think there are many goalies better than rask in the league. Wonder if Thomas will ever play again....that would be  interesting. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It sounds logical.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So do you think subban is better than rask or will be in the future? It is pretty easy to say if rask doesn't play good someone else will get as shot kind of common sense. That doesn't impress me with any type judgement of talent. I stated I do not think that subban will ever be the starting goalie for the bruins, so if you don't have anything to add but if rask is hurt or doesn't perform there's is a chance subban will start. If rask gets injured and subban plays he is still the backup goalie. Grow some fortitude and state an opinion. Judge his talent and give future predictions otherwise don't comment on my post because it doesn't add anything to the conversation. 

[/QUOTE]

No thanks. I have learned 2 lessons from watching you make predictions.

#1 It doesn't make one smarter ( although in your case predicting right/wrong doesn't really matter one way or the other). 

#2 A person has a 50/50 chance of getting it wrong to verify #1 ( as in your case of posting you knew the Bruins would get the first pick in the Seguin draft,  because your Bruins insider had told you so).