2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: 2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just watched lars volden play today on my secret site he lost but only allowed two goals. The other team had three nhl players on it. But I guess the ohl is better than nhl talent.

[/QUOTE]

Just in case you didn't know the OHL has players who would be playing in the NHL if there wasn't a lockout.

[/QUOTE]

Who?

[/QUOTE]

You don't know this with your secret web site. I thought you watched the OHL.

I'll give you the weekend to come up with some names. Then I'll tell you who I think they could be. I will be w/o computer for a few days but when I come back I'm anticipating to see some of what you've learned by watching that site of yours.

[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for some names from such a knowledgeable hockey guy like yourself. Who?

[/QUOTE]

You're really the leading canidate for the most annoying jack-off of this forum! You know nothing & it really shows. When it comes to the JR ranks Chowda is king! He has more knowledge in his pinky finger nail than you'll ever have in your lifetime kid! Now go in the corner & lick your nuts like a good doggie! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just watched lars volden play today on my secret site he lost but only allowed two goals. The other team had three nhl players on it. But I guess the ohl is better than nhl talent.

[/QUOTE]

Just in case you didn't know the OHL has players who would be playing in the NHL if there wasn't a lockout.

[/QUOTE]

Who?

[/QUOTE]

I'll give you the weekend to come up with some names. Then I'll tell you who I think they could be. I will be w/o computer for a few days but when I come back I'm anticipating to see some of what you've learned by watching that site of yours.

[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for some names from such a knowledgeable hockey guy like yourself. Who?

[/QUOTE]

You're really the leading canidate for the most annoying jack-off of this forum! You know nothing & it really shows. When it comes to the JR ranks Chowda is king! He has more knowledge in his pinky finger nail than you'll ever have in your lifetime kid! Now go in the corner & lick your nuts like a good doggie! 

[/QUOTE]

Your insults really show your immaturity and  make you sound like a fool. And if chowda knows so much why is he so shy when it comes to acutally answering the question hmm. Are you his second screen name?? Ya

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'm not insulting. Just speaking the truth. If you read his post moron you would know that he said he wouldn't be back for a couple days & in the meantime you could get him the list Zipperhead! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[/QUOTE]

Your insults really show your immaturity and  make you sound like a fool. And if chowda knows so much why is he so shy when it comes to acutally answering the question hmm. Are you his second screen name?? Ya

[/QUOTE]

He happens to be right though.  Chowdah already said he's away for the weekend.  But guess what?  It doesn't matter.  In about two weeks it will be perfectly clear which current junior players will be NHL players, and there will be no debating it.  I think you're overmatched here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Okay I'll wait for the list. Then we can compare them to see if any make it past the first seven games. Unless of course he never shows all of that supposed hockey knowledge I hear so much about. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

Okay I'll wait for the list. Then we can compare them to see if any make it past the first seven games. Unless of course he never shows all of that supposed hockey knowledge I hear so much about. 

[/QUOTE]

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=9539

For a guy with secret sites at his disposal you aren't exactly the internet's Sherlock Holmes. These are just the most notable players. The CHL features many more players eligible for a call-up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Just want his picks is all, unless of course he is all hot air which is what I figure. Besides dougie who does he think is nhl ready from the ohl. Not asking too much since it was what he said. I know it would be asking too much for someone to actually back their statement up with stupid things like facts. Why let facts get in the way, right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Just want his picks is all, unless of course he is all hot air which is what I figure. Besides dougie who does he think is nhl ready from the ohl. Not asking too much since it was what he said. I know it would be asking too much for someone to actually back their statement up with stupid things like facts. Why let facts get in the way, right.

[/QUOTE]

Just as I figured....................nothing . Oh, but you picked Hamilton .......whooped tee doo. So does every other B's fan on the planet. 

How about Mark Scheifele ? He's already played in the NHL thus NHL talent. That was an easy one for you to name but you don't know anything of what has happened outside of Boston ( except for Kessel ). And Ryan Strome ? The NHL awaits.

Others who probably won't, but have an outside chance are Alex Galchenyuk and Boone Jenner. 

Good enough for you. I'd ask you to comment but you know nothing of these players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bruce jenner... didn't he get famous from a tv show? good one chowda

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Busted !

I'll also fess up to let you know Fletch and Dez are two of my other screen names. I like debating and discussing topics with myself in 4 different characters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just as I figured....................nothing . Oh, but you picked Hamilton .......whooped tee doo. So does every other B's fan on the planet. 

How about Mark Scheifele ? He's already played in the NHL thus NHL talent. That was an easy one for you to name but you don't know anything of what has happened outside of Boston ( except for Kessel ). And Ryan Strome ? The NHL awaits.

Others who probably won't, but have an outside chance are Alex Galchenyuk and Boone Jenner. 

Good enough for you. I'd ask you to comment but you know nothing of these players.

[/QUOTE]

Thank God you're back and can speak for yourself. Heyoo was putting words in your mouth.

Galchenyuk seems like a shoe-in,  that is if you're a Habs fan.   From what I saw in the WJC he's very talented in the o-zone but needs work in his own end . Might not play an all around game.  It all depends on how many roster spots the Habs have.   You know they had to make space for soime tougness, Prust and Armstrong  : )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think you'll see Huberdeau stick in Florida this year, and possibly Grigorenko in Buffalo and Rattie in St. Loo.  I won't be surprised if Toronto keeps Rielly or Carolina Murphy on D, and Ryan Murray would be in Columbus if not for his injury - hopefully the Jackets are smart enough not to burn a contract year for a 15 game season (assuming he can be on the ice even that quickly).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Thank you for proving my point chowda. You just named 3 kids that will possibly be in the Nhl this season. While volden played against 3 nhlers in one game. That was what your comment was based on, so once again thanks for proving me right. By the way there were about 20 nhl players in the smi-liiga because of the lockout. So subban has been playing against easier competition thanks for that. Here is some of names: Erik karlsson, peverley, jackub voracek, mikko koivu, antti niemi. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Just as he's proven wrong, he declares he's actually right...brilliant.

You asked for 'names' as an expression of doubt in Chowdah's claim that the juniors also have NHL talent.  You got names.  Many names.  Better luck next time.

And it's a ridiculous argument to begin with -- who's development puts them closer to the NHL between Subban and Volden?  Who could possibly know until we see them head-to-head in North America?  Even magical, secret internet sites won't provide that.

I'd put my money on Subban.  Too many European prospects flop when they get over here.

-Yuri A.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank God you're back and can speak for yourself. Heyoo was putting words in your mouth.

Galchenyuk seems like a shoe-in,  that is if you're a Habs fan.   From what I saw in the WJC he's very talented in the o-zone but needs work in his own end . Might not play an all around game.  It all depends on how many roster spots the Habs have.   You know they had to make space for soime tougness, Prust and Armstrong  : )

[/QUOTE]

Sounds exactly like another Russian the Habs had,Kovalev, talented when he wanted to play.I guess Galchenyuk grew up in the States though ? I think i read that somewhere. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, and we all know Junior age American players are second rate weak sauce.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, and we all know Junior age American players are second rate weak sauce.

[/QUOTE]

You got that right Book, Hah !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Chowdah and Book, what do you think the odds are that Gibson gets a look in camp for the Ducks? They're weak after Hiller, with Fasth and Deslauriers next on the depth chart. Is he worth a camp tryout and maybe a short stay, or should you leve him down to finish this as a development year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chowdah and Book, what do you think the odds are that Gibson gets a look in camp for the Ducks? They're weak after Hiller, with Fasth and Deslauriers next on the depth chart. Is he worth a camp tryout and maybe a short stay, or should you leve him down to finish this as a development year?

[/QUOTE]

Develop him. He's a 19 year old goalie. Two fabulous weeks does not make him NHL ready.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds exactly like another Russian the Habs had,Kovalev, talented when he wanted to play.I guess Galchenyuk grew up in the States though ? I think i read that somewhere. 

[/QUOTE]

Galchenyuk is not a floater. To say he plays when he wants isn't accurate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just as he's proven wrong, he declares he's actually right...brilliant.

You asked for 'names' as an expression of doubt in Chowdah's claim that the juniors also have NHL talent.  You got names.  Many names.  Better luck next time.

And it's a ridiculous argument to begin with -- who's development puts them closer to the NHL between Subban and Volden?  Who could possibly know until we see them head-to-head in North America?  Even magical, secret internet sites won't provide that.

I'd put my money on Subban.  Too many European prospects flop when they get over here.

-Yuri A.

[/QUOTE]

You realize that out of the top 30 goalies last season more than half are from Europe. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Thank you for proving my point chowda. You just named 3 kids that will possibly be in the Nhl this season. While volden played against 3 nhlers in one game. That was what your comment was based on, so once again thanks for proving me right. By the way there were about 20 nhl players in the smi-liiga because of the lockout. So subban has been playing against easier competition thanks for that. Here is some of names: Erik karlsson, peverley, jackub voracek, mikko koivu, antti niemi. 

[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

No one said that a league full of teenagers is better then a professional league. That's just stupid and only you ( maybe pauly1 too ) would come up with this assumption based on what was posted. What was said is there are also players with NHL talent in the OHL. You asked who. I gave them to you. 

And me proving you right ? Even if I wanted to I am no miracle worker.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[/QUOTE]

You realize that out of the top 30 goalies last season more than half are from Europe. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course, and I have nothing against European goalies, obviously.  

But if I had to guess at who is closer to the NHL (and all of us are indeed guessing), I'd go with the Canadian kid who has proven himself in junior, was a 1st round pick, has NHL bloodlines, and just started in the WJC, over a Norwegian kid who was a 4th round pick and may have never set foot on N. American soil.  

I applauded the Volden draft pick and am really rooting for the kid, but Hannu Toivonen also starred in the Sm-liiga before being drafted by the Bruins.  I think the OHL is a more tried and true breeding ground for NHL talent.  Just my bias.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I agree with Chowdah - keep Gibson in Kitchener.  As much as he starred on the biggest stage, Gibson's OHL GAA and s% are similar to but slightly worse than Subban and Binnington both.  Kitchener and Owen Sound are in the West - I don't see as much of the West - but my sense is that there isn't a vast difference in the quality of the teams they play behind.  The one difference there is that Kitchener has yet to load up for a playoff run where both Subban's Bulls and Binnington's Attack have made big deals with Ottawa for quality reinforcements.  They're making a run, and Kitchener, in the tougher West (gotta get past London...), might not, so Gibson might not be getting a shot at a long playoff experience.  (On a side note, Subban's Bulls look like could make a good run in the weaker Eastern conference where two of the better teams - Barrie [Scheifele] and Niagara [Hamilton, Strome] - will be losing key pieces to the NHL.) 

On the other side, remember that Jeff Glass was Canada's goaltender in 2005, ahead of Jaro Halak and Tuukka...and Khudobin for that matter.  He's having a lovely career in the KHL....  Justin Pogge had a better tournament than Gibson, giving up 6 goals in 6 games and winning gold against stronger US and Russian teams - Blake Comeau was Canada's leading scorer.  Pogge was so good the Laffs traded Tuukka.  Pogge plays in Italy now.

All that to say - great as he was, he's still a kid.  They'd be wise to let him continue to develop rather than throw him in with great expectations.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course, and I have nothing against European goalies, obviously.  

But if I had to guess at who is closer to the NHL (and all of us are indeed guessing), I'd go with the Canadian kid who has proven himself in junior, was a 1st round pick, has NHL bloodlines, and just started in the WJC, over a Norwegian kid who was a 4th round pick and may have never set foot on N. American soil.  

I applauded the Volden draft pick and am really rooting for the kid, but Hannu Toivonen also starred in the Sm-liiga before being drafted by the Bruins.  I think the OHL is a more tried and true breeding ground for NHL talent.  Just my bias.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, lets just hope rask continues his top five stats across the board and we won't need to depend on either of these talented kids to develop into anything more than a backup. 

Sections
Shortcuts