2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: 2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

Yah Legion I think BruinsUnite might know his name lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Seems like that Camara hit woke up the Canadians because before that they kept trailing by 2 goals , looked robotic with no emotions .  They even played better in their own end rather than trying to play a static zone D .

Even their special teams played better in the 2nd half of their game . I was starting to feel the Canadian PP was being coached by Ward.  They got to be better on PK , the Russians will kill them with their PP.  Russians PP is a smooth machine.

Seems the same for Subban, looks un-comfortable in net and not seeing the puck well the frist two periods . Then has a very strong 3rd. 

All I know is when they play better teams like the U.S. and Russians they have to play well from the start , there won't be catching up every game.

Props on Scheifele, played with lots of energy .

I just hope the officiating does not get in their heads and Canada continues to play their game , with emotion.

Props

I see you're warming up to him. Like I've mentioned before in a previous reply to your opinions on last year's WJHC showing, I think the Jets have a good one. 

And I have a new appreciation for the efforts he is giving in this tourney. He is doing something he doesn't have to do in the OHL. Get down and dirty in the trenches. This part of his game has been eye opening for me. Normally he plays more of a finesse game ( like a RNH ).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Seth Jones and his good choices ! His dad is an ex-basketball player , played in the NBA

Jones says he chose hockey over basketball because at age seven, he was in Denver's Pepsi Centre when the Colorado Avalanche won Game 7 of the 2001 Stanley Cup final.

"That in itself just kind of did it for me," Jones said. "The energy in the arena was electric and Ray Bourque's first Stanley Cup was a memorable moment."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Seems like that Camara hit woke up the Canadians because before that they kept trailing by 2 goals , looked robotic with no emotions .  They even played better in their own end rather than trying to play a static zone D .

Even their special teams played better in the 2nd half of their game . I was starting to feel the Canadian PP was being coached by Ward.  They got to be better on PK , the Russians will kill them with their PP.  Russians PP is a smooth machine.

Seems the same for Subban, looks un-comfortable in net and not seeing the puck well the frist two periods . Then has a very strong 3rd. 

All I know is when they play better teams like the U.S. and Russians they have to play well from the start , there won't be catching up every game.

Props on Scheifele, played with lots of energy .

I just hope the officiating does not get in their heads and Canada continues to play their game , with emotion.

Props

I see you're warming up to him. Like I've mentioned before in a previous reply to your opinions on last year's WJHC showing, I think the Jets have a good one. 

And I have a new appreciation for the efforts he is giving in this tourney. He is doing something he doesn't have to do in the OHL. Get down and dirty in the trenches. This part of his game has been eye opening for me. Normally he plays more of a finesse game ( like a RNH ).

Oh I wasn't too fond of him in the 1st and the 2nd periods( I was going to bash him here) till he turned his grit side late in the 2nd and made me eat my profanity I was screaming at him .

I found just that his finesse game lacked the 1st half of the game. Missed passes, didn't pass to shoot a low percentage shot on net (if they even made it to the net) , just all around mental mistakes. I loved when his emotions took over.   He's in my good books  : )

Now hoping he'll do the same against the U.S.

On a separate note RNH is one smart hockey player !  Seen him with the Oilers but really noticing him in this tourny. 

Oilers : RHN, Hall, Eberle, Yapukov , Paajarvi = future cup winners.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Yakupov        First Pick Overall (2012)

RNH              First Pick Overall (2011)

Hall               First Pick Overall (2010)

Paajarvi         10th Pick Overall (2009)

Eberle           22th Pick Overall (2008)

With those picks (and probably a good one this year also), you would have to try to fail.  

The question will be how they can keep them all.  

I heard that part of the new offer was that they will limit the number of high picks a team can have in multiple years in a row.  That would be good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

US Canada game was uneventful.  Subban and Gibson were, by far, the best players on the ice.

Jones coughs up the puck in his own zone to give up the go ahead goal.  

I know its only 3 games but I still don't see the fascination with him.  In so far as a top 2 pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Oh I wasn't too fond of him in the 1st and the 2nd periods( I was going to bash him here) till he turned his grit side late in the 2nd and made me eat my profanity I was screaming at him .

I found just that his finesse game lacked the 1st half of the game. Missed passes, didn't pass to shoot a low percentage shot on net (if they even made it to the net) , just all around mental mistakes. I loved when his emotions took over.   He's in my good books  : )

On a separate note RNH is one smart hockey player !  Seen him with the Oilers but really noticing him in this tourny. 

[/QUOTE]

Who the heck were you watching in that game ? Not Scheifele . His effort level was through the roof with a lot of good plays. I didn't see any of the ticky-tack observations above regarding his play.

I thought he was 1B to go along with RNH's 1A.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jones is young, raw and still needs some fine tuning, not a top two pick in my opinion. US just keeps shooting themselves in the foot. Can't finish and can't keep their emotions in check when it counts. Giving up three 5 on 5 goals in 3 games is good for the US in their bracket.

Win manana, keep up their defensive play, great PK play, great goaltending, open uo the offense and see where they end up in the medal rounds. Anaheim Ducks are going to be real happy with Gibson me thinks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Who the heck were you watching in that game ? Not Scheifele . His effort level was through the roof with a lot of good plays. I didn't see any of the ticky-tack observations above regarding his play.

Not at the beginning of the game , like I said he turned it on the 2nd half of the game.  It's not the effort I was I'm criticizing

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Jones is young, raw and still needs some fine tuning, not a top two pick in my opinion. US just keeps shooting themselves in the foot. Can't finish and can't keep their emotions in check when it counts. Giving up three 5 on 5 goals in 3 games is good for the US in their bracket.

Win manana, keep up their defensive play, great PK play, great goaltending, open uo the offense and see where they end up in the medal rounds. Anaheim Ducks are going to be real happy with Gibson me thinks.

Yup the two goalies were the stars. 

Obvious this was Subban's best game, he was keyed in from the get go.  I guess he needs to focus when he's playing big opponents.

Now the U.S. is in a must win against the Slovacs, you guys called !

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Depending on the team picking he might go #1. If he's not in the top two picked come draft time, there's some awfully dumb scouts out there. 

His skill set and size is impressive.

In response to Babajingo's comment:

US Canada game was uneventful.  Subban and Gibson were, by far, the best players on the ice.

Jones coughs up the puck in his own zone to give up the go ahead goal.  

I know its only 3 games but I still don't see the fascination with him.  In so far as a top 2 pick.

By who.......... Camara .

Not at the beginning of the game , like I said he turned it on the 2nd half of the game.  It's not the effort I was I'm criticizing

Disagree again.

•  

He was invisible and when he had the puck nothing happened, made mental mistakes. It's okay Chowdah I don't expect everyone to agree with each other.  Like I said overall Scheifele in my good books in this tourny thus far.

Breakfast being served !

He was invisible and when he had the puck nothing happened, made mental mistakes. It's okay Chowdah I don't expect everyone to agree with each other.  Like I said overall Scheifele in my good books in this tourny thus far.

Breakfast being served !

It's okay with me too. btw the underlined above ? Nope.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

The only reason so many people are upset with the way Canada plays hockey is because they are sick and tired of watching them winning so many championships on so many different levels. I totally understand, there have been a few nhl teams in the past i just hated for the same reason. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:

The only reason so many people are upset the way Canada plays hockey is because they are sick and tired of watching them winning so many championships on so many different levels. I totally understand, there have been a few nhl teams in the past i just hated for the same reason. 

That is part of it.  Another part is that the North American brand of hockey is a heck of a lot tougher than the European brand.

Congrats, pauly1.  I believe this is your first relevant post.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The only reason so many people are upset with the way Canada plays hockey is because they are sick and tired of watching them winning so many championships on so many different levels.

I'm not tired of it becuase Canada always puts talent on the ice that is fun to watch. Canada hasn't dominated the U18 tournament nor the Olympics like they have the U20 WJC either.

The only reason so many people are upset with the way Canada plays hockey is because they are sick and tired of watching them winning so many championships on so many different levels.

I'm not tired of it becuase Canada always puts talent on the ice that is fun to watch. Canada hasn't dominated the U18 tournament nor the Olympics like they have the U20 WJC either.

Don't stop there. Include the U17 tourney.

Canada drops Huberdeau to 2nd line. Drouin goes to the first with RNH and Scheifele. Looking forward to seeing what he can do on the top line. Using one of Jack Edwards well used words the kid can "dangle".

Canada drops Huberdeau to 2nd line. Drouin goes to the first with RNH and Scheifele. Looking forward to seeing what he can do on the top line. Using one of Jack Edwards well used words the kid can "dangle".

This kid is moving up draft position every game he plays.  I'm wondering if he's the reason why McKinnon does well in Halifax. They're dynamic with the Mosseheads.

Shupe ?   or are you still watching your Torres hi-lite wheel ?  still watch todays hockey or living n the 70's ?

yes Scheifele !!! Told you he was good ! Great 2nd effort

BTW the 1st goal by Hamilton was a doozer right under the cross bar !

Yes you did. And I bet you were screaming at the tv again.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The refs in this tournament are an absolute joke!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Dougie-Bomb!!!

Good and bad by Scheifele.  Nice finish on his goal, but bad turnover by leads to Russia's 1st goal.

• Sections
    Shortcuts