2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: 2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yes Scheifele !!! Told you he was good ! Great 2nd effort

BTW the 1st goal by Hamilton was a doozer right under the cross bar !

[/QUOTE]

Yes you did. And I bet you were screaming at the tv again.

[/QUOTE]

Nah because I know he plays with emotion and will make it up.  He's a fighter

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The refs in this tournament are an absolute joke!

[/QUOTE]

Agreed ! Any particular reason why you're saying that while watching this game ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE] The refs in this tournament are an absolute joke!

Agreed ! Any particular reason why you're saying that while watching this game ?[/QUOTE]

I don't want to have to send you searching for a previous quote, I know how confusing that can get for you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Talk about raising your own draft stock, Jonathan Drouin has made about 6 amazing plays and the game is in the 2nd period!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yes Scheifele !!! Told you he was good ! Great 2nd effort

BTW the 1st goal by Hamilton was a doozer right under the cross bar !

[/QUOTE]

Dougie-Bomb!!!

Good and bad by Scheifele.  Nice finish on his goal, but bad turnover by leads to Russia's 1st goal.

[/QUOTE]

He's been trying to tee it up the last 3 games but was just missing.
    Indications are they will be going high on the Russian netminder. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] The refs in this tournament are an absolute joke!

Agreed ! Any particular reason why you're saying that while watching this game ?[/QUOTE]

I don't want to have to send you searching for a previous quote, I know how confusing that can get for you.

[/QUOTE]

Simple question with a hurt feelings answer. Boo hoo!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE] The refs in this tournament are an absolute joke! Agreed ! Any particular reason why you're saying that while watching this game ?

[/QUOTE]Simple question with a hurt feelings answer. Boo hoo! [/QUOTE]

I was kidding with you and no I'm not saying that the 5 min major was a gift. Canada has turned up the heat 5 on 5.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE] The refs in this tournament are an absolute joke! Agreed ! Any particular reason why you're saying that while watching this game ?

I was kidding with you and no I'm not saying that the 5 min major was a gift. Canada has turned up the heat 5 on 5.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's all I was asking. Simple question answered.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

Talk about raising your own draft stock, Jonathan Drouin has made about 6 amazing plays and the game is in the 2nd period!

[/QUOTE]

I watched him a lot last year but what progression he's had over the summer and Junior. One crafty kid !

Like I said on previous post I really think McKinnon takes advantage of Drouin's skill.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree not a 5min , hit from behind when he has back turned that long deserves a 2min.
     Then agin in Euro hockey...... I hate the calls also, a joke.

Like I said on another post with this officiting the Bruins would be in last place.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Murphy has that quick giddy-up speed when he turns it on. Rutherford is going to be happy with him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Subban is playing really good, he is gonna be tough to beat the rest of the tournament.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I've justed added to my bucket list a must go to a World Juniors Tournament outside of Canada .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

Subban is playing really good, he is gonna be tough to beat the rest of the tournament.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, it's time now he gets his props.  Solid solid . 

Not to get some Bruin fans upset but Subban is very similar to the way Price played .

Nice the way the Canadians cycled the puck down low in Russian end and forechecked. Loved it !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen much of Subban until getting to watch today's game. From what I had read here and other places right after he was drafted, was that he was a raw, very athletic and (like most young goalies) in need of position work. The guy I saw today, looked very sound for just a kid. Moves horizontally very well. seemed to stay squared to the puck, very quick glove. The game seemed to be at his speed against good competition. Whether this is the norm or he just played a great game today was an itriguing thought. 

Being a B's fan who doesn't watch a ton of the kids and watching Can/Rus today, was pretty great. Koko looks like a player (had some chemistry with Yakupov), seemed to skate ''smart (hard to express it a better way). Camara continues to look like the he is could have a decent NHL career. He's a better skater than I envisioned. He sees the ice well.

...and Hamilton, well jeez, what can I say?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I've seen a lot of drouin. He is a amazing talent.  Smart and magic hands.  If I could draft either I take drouin.  McKinnon has amazing speed and great hands.   

canada looked great.  Doubling up the shots and dominated down low.  Love this hockey. Has nothing to do with Bettman owners and cba.  Best hockey to watch as a fan.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

canada looked great.   

[/QUOTE]

That is no lie. Impressive collection of talent.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

From what I've seen, it's hard to imagine Canada not winning the tournament, unless they really lay an egg or someone else has the game of their lives.  Tons of scoring, very good defense (I never realized how good Harrington is, among others), and very good goaltending. They just seem better than everyone else.

--Spoiler alert -- USA game today--

I was really doubtful that the US would even medal until seeing their pounding of Slovakia this morning.  Maybe they're back in the hunt...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've seen a lot of drouin. He is a amazing talent.  Smart and magic hands.  If I could draft either I take drouin.  McKinnon has amazing speed and great hands.   

canada looked great.  Doubling up the shots and dominated down low.  Love this hockey. Has nothing to do with Bettman owners and cba.  Best hockey to watch as a fan.  

[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen Drouin much this season with the Mooseheads , matter of fact not much LJMQ games.  Maybe McKinnon brings a full package that most scouts like. Bigger, hits more and just as fast and pretty good hands also. 

I would be tempted to take Drouin over  McKinnon if I were a team drafting , in the end I think McKinnon will have a longer and better career.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Subban looks like he has a long way to go before backing up in the nhl. I dont get what games ppl are watching he was strong against the usa but in the other games he let in some of the softest goals. The best goalie in the wjc is andrei vasilevski kid looks lights out every time he is on the ice. Camara is still chipping in offensively but his hits are eye opening kid is a legit power forward. As for koko he looks good in the wjc but in the khl he looks like a boy in the mens league he is far from the more physical nhl. Dougie has a far better defensive game from last year, he is ready for the show. Unrelated to the wjc lars volden is playing in the sm-liiga and in 5 starts looks like he may be ready to jump the pond.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment: [QUOTE]From what I've seen, it's hard to imagine Canada not winning the tournament, unless they really lay an egg or someone else has the game of their lives.  Tons of scoring, very good defense (I never realized how good Harrington is, among others), and very good goaltending. They just seem better than everyone else.

I was really doubtful that the US would even medal until seeing their pounding of Slovakia this morning.  Maybe they're back in the hunt...[/QUOTE]

Agree with all of this but the Czechs will be tough on Wednesday, I did say that about Slovakia though. The US forwards woke up at the right time.

@SE                "...and Hamilton, well jeez, what can I say?"

Funny a ton of Canada fans on HFboards were complaining about Hamilton then he hit that howitzer for the goal lol. Canada is firing on all cylinders right now with a confident goalie.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From what I've seen, it's hard to imagine Canada not winning the tournament, unless they really lay an egg or someone else has the game of their lives.  Tons of scoring, very good defense (I never realized how good Harrington is, among others), and very good goaltending. They just seem better than everyone else.

I was really doubtful that the US would even medal until seeing their pounding of Slovakia this morning.  Maybe they're back in the hunt...

[/QUOTE]

Harrington and Hamilton are the shut down pair.  They've been asked to play more defensive rather than move up on the play hence the lack of prodcution offensively for both.

They might have looked better and better as the tournament goes on although Canada has not won anything yet .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Subban looks like he has a long way to go before backing up in the nhl. I dont get what games ppl are watching he was strong against the usa but in the other games he let in some of the softest goals. The best goalie in the wjc is andrei vasilevski kid looks lights out every time he is on the ice. Camara is still chipping in offensively but his hits are eye opening kid is a legit power forward. As for koko he looks good in the wjc but in the khl he looks like a boy in the mens league he is far from the more physical nhl. Dougie has a far better defensive game from last year, he is ready for the show. Unrelated to the wjc lars volden is playing in the sm-liiga and in 5 starts looks like he may be ready to jump the pond.

[/QUOTE]

Vasilevski has played one game against the Slovacs and was so so , Makarov played very good game against the U.S. and today in the 3rd kept the game at 3-1 otherwise it would have been a blow out.

I find they're both very good goaltenders.

As for Subban the 1st two games as the game went on he got better and better . Seemed un-focused with weaker opponents .The last 2 games against the U.S. and Russians he's been very solid from the get go. He's very focused.

Who's saying he's NHL ready ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Heyoo, never said he was remotely close to an NHL player. Just saying that for a first impression, he was a bit different (and better) than I expected him to be.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Peculiar statement considering they used a first round pick on him.

"Let's take that Subban kid. He can be our backup for years to come". 

Sections
Shortcuts