2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: 2013 World Junior Hockey Championships

In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Volden is in the smi-liiga compared to the wjc id say he is farther along in development. As for hutch prob right, he will be passed over next season to give subban a roster spot in prov. I was pointing out the fact we are loaded with goalie prospectswhich i have been saying since last season before we drafted subban. So to say that we drafted him to someday be our starting goalie is a little far fethced. With rask only at the age of 25 id say he will be here for a long time. Subban has a pretty slim shot at starting for the bruins.

I don't know if smi-liiga is considered the A-League of Finland. Even if it was I wouldn't say Volden is ahead of Subban but that is really opinion based on how good that league is.

To your point about the Bruins being loaded at goaltender prospects I agree. This is the best the Bruins have been since Moog/Lemllin at that positon. Khodobin bolting for the tax free money ofthe KHL has to be a concern for Chiarelli, so again never enough good goalies to have around.

[/QUOTE]

Yes smi-liiga is the top league in Finland. It is the same league rask developed in before starting in the ahl. There is a lot of nhl talent right now in this league as well, so the competition is fairly good this season. Volden is in competition for the starting job as he is outperforming the current starter. In 6 games he has a 2.08 which would be tops of the league if he had more starts, if he can keep up his development we will have a logjam at the goalie position next season. Only a season after everyone said we had no goalie depth in prospects, go figure. On the other hand I think I was in the minority when I said we had goalie depth before getting subban. Don't like drafting goalie in the first round when you can develop sixth round guys over three yrs to be just as good. Having a ton of talent in net is a luxury that I hope last. But I still don't think there are many goalies better than rask in the league. Wonder if Thomas will ever play again....that would be  interesting. 

[/QUOTE]

Should the Bruins have traded Raycroft for someone elses 6th rounder to develop instead of the 1st rounder Rask ? Would that have turned out as good ?

"Apparently not" says bruins8.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

On a side note , the one horse in the race just got left behind to finish third or fourth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Predictions is what this board is about, it is hockey talk son. Don't come on here with your negativity just because your wife left you for a butch, you just weren't getting the job done. Maybe next time.. And we didn't draft rask I was talking about drafting first round goalies trading for one is irrelevant. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]

Predictions is what this board is about, it is hockey talk son. Don't come on here with your negativity just because your wife left you for a butch, you just weren't getting the job done. Maybe next time.. And we didn't draft rask I was talking about drafting first round goalies trading for one is irrelevant. 

[/QUOTE]

I've never understood how making fake and ridiculously childish accusation about posters personal lives benefits someone in an arguement. It actually makes you look like a fool.

I'm excited for the game Saturday. I always root for USA, but I also love Sweedish hockey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've never understood how making fake and ridiculously childish accusation about posters personal lives benefits someone in an arguement. It actually makes you look like a fool.

I'm excited for the game Saturday. I always root for USA, but I also love Sweedish hockey.

[/QUOTE]

He just finished telling me that I added nothing to the discussion. And then he comes up with this beauty. It's bruins8. I wouldn't expect nothing less.

I have been with my beautiful bride for almost 40 years. And my buddy Butch who I played hockey with lives 2 doors down on the street behind us ( true ).

P.S. I also have those suggesting I'm a diddler. Add one more stupid, meaningless claim to the pile.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The B's developed a 1st round goalie and you're happy with him. It's very relevant. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

The convo was about drafting a first round goalie not developing one so once again it was not relevant to the convo, you just tried to add it in. The bruins did not draft rask so once again Toronto wasted a first round pick on a player that never did anything for their team hence a wasted first round pick on a goalie. As well since raycroft bombed they essential got nothing for the first round pick. Tell butch I said how you doing? Ask him how your wife was. You want to bring insults I can do the same old man. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:[QUOTE]

I don't know if smi-liiga is considered the A-League of Finland. Even if it was I wouldn't say Volden is ahead of Subban but that is really opinion based on how good that league is.

To your point about the Bruins being loaded at goaltender prospects I agree. This is the best the Bruins have been since Moog/Lemllin at that positon. Khodobin bolting for the tax free money ofthe KHL has to be a concern for Chiarelli, so again never enough good goalies to have around.

[/QUOTE]

Yes smi-liiga is the top league in Finland. It is the same league rask developed in before starting in the ahl. There is a lot of nhl talent right now in this league as well, so the competition is fairly good this season. Volden is in competition for the starting job as he is outperforming the current starter. Don't like drafting goalie in the first round when you can develop sixth round guys over three yrs to be just as good. Having a ton of talent in net is a luxury that I hope last. But I still don't think there are many goalies better than rask in the league.  [/QUOTE]

I won't ever know if Subban can ever have those numbers in the Finnish league because he won't ever play there. Nor will Volden play in the OHL so again I can't say who is further along right now (Volden made one appearence for Norway in the WJC not goood!) .

Only way to find out is there numbers in the AHL, which might happen next year if Volden decided to come out here and backup Svedberg. Subban probably staying one more year in the OHL.

As mentioned before either way the Bruins have real good goalie depth in the minors. Chiarelli likes competition at each position he has it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

The convo was about drafting a first round goalie not developing one so once again it was not relevant to the convo, you just tried to add it in. The bruins did not draft rask so once again Toronto wasted a first round pick on a player that never did anything for their team hence a wasted first round pick on a goalie. As well since raycroft bombed they essential got nothing for the first round pick. Tell butch I said how you doing? Ask him how your wife was. You want to bring insults I can do the same old man. 

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, there it is.  Personal insults, the mating call of the loser.

A low class way to show everyone how insecure you are.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to heyoo's comment:[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes smi-liiga is the top league in Finland. It is the same league rask developed in before starting in the ahl. There is a lot of nhl talent right now in this league as well, so the competition is fairly good this season. Volden is in competition for the starting job as he is outperforming the current starter. Don't like drafting goalie in the first round when you can develop sixth round guys over three yrs to be just as good. Having a ton of talent in net is a luxury that I hope last. But I still don't think there are many goalies better than rask in the league.  [/QUOTE]

I won't ever know if Subban can ever have those numbers in the Finnish league because he won't ever play there. Nor will Volden play in the OHL so again I can't say who is further along right now (Volden made one appearence for Norway in the WJC not goood!) .

Only way to find out is there numbers in the AHL, which might happen next year if Volden decided to come out here and backup Svedberg. Subban probably staying one more year in the OHL.

As mentioned before either way the Bruins have real good goalie depth in the minors. Chiarelli likes competition at each position he has it.

[/QUOTE]

He turns 20 before the year is out making him AHL eligible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment: [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] He turns 20 before the year is out making him AHL eligible. [/QUOTE]

So Subban will have a chance to beat out Volden as the back up to Svedberg Good!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So when you acquire a 1st round goalie through a trade the year after he was drafted it's different . You don't develop him ? Interesting !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment: [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] He turns 20 before the year is out making him AHL eligible. [/QUOTE]

So Subban will have a chance to beat out Volden as the back up to Svedberg Good!

[/QUOTE]

Ya my guess is they keep volden overseas subban will probably start over Svedberg half way through next ahl season, hutch will be dropped or sent to the echl since Morrison hasn't shown anything in the echl this season. The question mark is on Anton overseas he hasnt shown much. And I'm wondering what will happen with Thomas when this season is cancelled. Would the bruins take him back? I Would take him back in a sec best goalie tandem in the league. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, there it is.  Personal insults, the mating call of the loser.

A low class way to show everyone how insecure you are.

[/QUOTE]

couldnt be summed up any better. perfect.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So when you acquire a 1st round goalie through a trade the year after he was drafted it's different . You don't develop him ? Interesting !

[/QUOTE]

My convo had nothing to do with developing a first round goalie it had to do with drafting one. I said I don't think it is a good use of a first round draft pick for a eventual backup goalie. Geez read before posting your losing your mind in old age. I see no way subban is the starting bruins goalie unless rask has a career ending injury. You think subban is going to stay with the bruins to backup rask his whole career. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Just watched lars volden play today on my secret site he lost but only allowed two goals. The other team had three nhl players on it. But I guess the ohl is better than nhl talent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I was crowing about Subban's stuff. Boy, he looked like a differnt player against the US...In fact the entire Canada team seems totally out of sorts. In a word, Lackluster.

Gos to show that these are just kids and consistency is one of the last parts of their games to fill out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My convo had nothing to do with developing a first round goalie it had to do with drafting one. I said I don't think it is a good use of a first round draft pick for a eventual backup goalie. Geez read before posting your losing your mind in old age. I see no way subban is the starting bruins goalie unless rask has a career ending injury. You think subban is going to stay with the bruins to backup rask his whole career. 

[/QUOTE]

Is Russia's Vasilevski included in this opinion ? You were quite complimentary of his goaltending in this tourney. My old memory reminds me you said " lights out " regarding his play. Is he an eventual backup like Subban in your crystal balled predictions ?

He, like Subban, was a 1st rounder in case you didn't know.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Just watched lars volden play today on my secret site he lost but only allowed two goals. The other team had three nhl players on it. But I guess the ohl is better than nhl talent.

[/QUOTE]

Just in case you didn't know the OHL has players who would be playing in the NHL if there wasn't a lockout.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just in case you didn't know the OHL has players who would be playing in the NHL if there wasn't a lockout.

[/QUOTE]

Who?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is Russia's Vasilevski included in this opinion ? You were quite complimentary of his goaltending in this tourney. My old memory reminds me you said " lights out " regarding his play. Is he an eventual backup like Subban in your crystal balled predictions ?

[/QUOTE]

Yes i think the kid is a talented goalie, probably one of the best goalies in the last three drafts. But i am not drafting him with the 19th pick in the draft. And yes the lighting have no goalie depth so this kid prob will be their starting goalie sooner or later. However, the bruins already have a franchise goalie. Have you ever heard how cam neeley and chia talk about rask. He is their guy. So to waste a first round pick on subban is crazy. Since he will only be a backup goalie. Do you think subban is better than rask or will be in the future? Because if you think that subban will be the starter then that is what you believe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who?

[/QUOTE]

You don't know this with your secret web site. I thought you watched the OHL.

I'll give you the weekend to come up with some names. Then I'll tell you who I think they could be. I will be w/o computer for a few days but when I come back I'm anticipating to see some of what you've learned by watching that site of yours.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes i think the kid is a talented goalie, probably one of the best goalies in the last three drafts. But i am not drafting him with the 19th pick in the draft. And yes the lighting have no goalie depth so this kid prob will be their starting goalie sooner or later. However, the bruins already have a franchise goalie. Have you ever heard how cam neeley and chia talk about rask. He is their guy. So to waste a first round pick on subban is crazy. Since he will only be a backup goalie. Do you think subban is better than rask or will be in the future? Because if you think that subban will be the starter then that is what you believe.

[/QUOTE]

First you comment on how PC talks about Rask. Then you criticize the same guy for picking Subban in the 1st round saying it's a wasted pick.

I see, he's right about one goalie but wrong with drafting the other. It's quite interesting reading what you have to say. 

And all your questions regarding predicting 3-4 years down the road who I think will be better. Seriously, how does that help in any conversation ? All I'd be doing is guessing. Does making a guess and getting it right make me smarter. Very dumb !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Congratulation team U.S.A. !!  Well deserved Gold .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who?

[/QUOTE]

You don't know this with your secret web site. I thought you watched the OHL.

I'll give you the weekend to come up with some names. Then I'll tell you who I think they could be. I will be w/o computer for a few days but when I come back I'm anticipating to see some of what you've learned by watching that site of yours.

[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for some names from such a knowledgeable hockey guy like yourself. Who?