2014 Bruins 7th player award

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

2014 Bruins 7th player award

You can vote at

http://nesn.com/2014/02/2014-7th-player-award/

I think Rielly Smith, right?

And Marco, don't write in Kessel and/or Seguin.  Contest is only for current Bruins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x. Show golden9x's posts

Re: 2014 Bruins 7th player award

I thought right off the bat, Reilly Smith but Yetiberg is making a late push......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I think it has to be Smith, though I'd slot in Soderberg as a fairly close second.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You can vote at

http://nesn.com/2014/02/2014-7th-player-award/

I think Rielly Smith, right?

And Marco, don't write in Kessel and/or Seguin.  Contest is only for current Bruins.

[/QUOTE]

I can't vote, but if I was to chose right now the Yeti wins it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why can't you vote?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It won't let us Canadians register.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why can't you vote?

[/QUOTE]

As Red says.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What about Krug?

Eighth on the team in scoring as a rookie defenseman while still keeping his own end in order.  I'd be okay with that.

I'm okay with Smith, Soderberg or Krug.  Smith is in quite a rut, however.  His game is losing a lot of steam.  That could affect the vote.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yetiberg wlll undoubtedly lose to Smith but in the playoffs there will be no doubt.  

In response to golden9x's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought right off the bat, Reilly Smith but Yetiberg is making a late push......

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What about Krug?

Eighth on the team in scoring as a rookie defenseman while still keeping his own end in order.  I'd be okay with that.

I'm okay with Smith, Soderberg or Krug.  Smith is in quite a rut, however.  His game is losing a lot of steam.  That could affect the vote.

[/QUOTE]

I thought of Krug, but I actually had high expectations of him, so that would be the difference. He didn't exceed them in my mind, he met them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What about Krug?

[/QUOTE]

I thought of Krug, but I actually had high expectations of him, so that would be the difference. He didn't exceed them in my mind, he met them.

[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel too Red. How's that shining of the $100 bill coming along? LaughingTongue Out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think Soderberg gets it....he has no chance of winning it whatsoever but take a peek at Chad Johnsons numbers.

13-3-1 .919 and 2.22.....Who would have thought that at the beginning of the year?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

If in the tradition of this award it is based strictly on "above and beyond" expectations I think it has to be Smith.  If at the start of the year I was told at the 3/4 mark Soderberg would have 36 pts I would be content if not a little disappointed.  Smith with 45, I would have said who?

Nick Johnson has been a pleasant surprise but I know many ppl who feel Red Light Rasico (sp?) would have a sub 2.00 GAA with this team so that probably plays against him.

With the Seidenberg injury I think all the young D deserve some consideration but for me, Kevan Miller is second to Smith (despite the smaller sample size).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Neecic's comment:

If in the tradition of this award it is based strictly on "above and beyond" expectations I think it has to be Smith.  If at the start of the year I was told at the 3/4 mark Soderberg would have 36 pts I would be content if not a little disappointed.  Smith with 45, I would have said who?

Nick Johnson has been a pleasant surprise but I know many ppl who feel Red Light Rasico (sp?) would have a sub 2.00 GAA with this team so that probably plays against him.

With the Seidenberg injury I think all the young D deserve some consideration but for me, Kevan Miller is second to Smith (despite the smaller sample size).

"Sweet hands" played in Providence for most of the season. I don't he qualifies for this award this year. But CHAD Johnson played for the Boston Bruins.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Soderberg gets it....he has no chance of winning it whatsoever but take a peek at Chad Johnsons numbers.

13-3-1 .919 and 2.22.....Who would have thought that at the beginning of the year?

[/QUOTE]

I almost put him down too kel, but he hasn't played enough games I don't think for him to win it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

If Reilly Smith heats up down the stretch, this is his award to lose. Soderberg has been very good since moving to center and has a chance if Smith stays cold.

Krug to me raised the bar for himself with his playoff performances last season, so may get overlooked in the spirit of the award.

I'll vote Smith because there were zero expectations for him going into the season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Neecic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Sweet hands" played in Providence for most of the season. I don't he qualifies for this award this year. But CHAD Johnson does qualify.

[/QUOTE]

ha, sorry, Chad.  but even Nick could play goal for the Bruins according to many ppl.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

"Sweet hands" played in Providence for most of the season. I don't he qualifies for this award this year. But CHAD Johnson played for the Boston Bruins.

[/QUOTE]

Sweet Hands should get some consideration anyway because he has such sweet hands.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

honestly Just thinking outside the box but I was just asking someone how much could the bruins expect out of campbell after suffering the broken leg in playoffs last year? 

I like the Krug and sodaberg votes too. 

But Reilly smith has really surprised probabley even himself And management that traded for him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Krug and Smith both excelled equally this year, but for me Smith wins based on lower initial expectations. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

My dark horse -- Boychuk -- this guy bleeds Black and Gold and would stick his head in a buzzsaw for his coach and teamates. May not have the talent and the tools but hard work and effort are always there. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Chad was almost ousted for Sved in Jan after 2 straight dec losses but is 7-0-1 with a shutout all since loss of Seid's.

in 10Gp 8GS 545:19 mins 19 GA 248Sh 229Sa .923SA% 2.09GAA, so from 6-3 which everyone would feel like realistic type numbers for a backup to 13-3-1, he is a contender and will see more mins down the stretch because of it and able to rest TRask.  Khudo was only 9-4-1 with a SO last year.

But Yeti would get my vote if I could vote, 6Gp 2gp in playoffs last year, I did not figure cj was going to give him a chance, but he has earned it and has been more than a small player in the betterment of the PP-2ppg and 10pppoints, is 5th in assists despite playing with a plethora of linemates and Kelly(somehow he scored 20 once) and 13:54 per game.

GOAT!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My dark horse -- Boychuk -- this guy bleeds Black and Gold and would stick his head in a buzzsaw for his coach and teamates. May not have the talent and the tools but hard work and effort are always there. 

[/QUOTE]

Boychuk has been awesome.  I agree.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts