2014 Bruins 7th player award

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: 2014 Bruins 7th player award

In response to Neecic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Neecic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If in the tradition of this award it is based strictly on "above and beyond" expectations I think it has to be Smith.  If at the start of the year I was told at the 3/4 mark Soderberg would have 36 pts I would be content if not a little disappointed.  Smith with 45, I would have said who?

Nick Johnson has been a pleasant surprise but I know many ppl who feel Red Light Rasico (sp?) would have a sub 2.00 GAA with this team so that probably plays against him.

With the Seidenberg injury I think all the young D deserve some consideration but for me, Kevan Miller is second to Smith (despite the smaller sample size).

[/QUOTE]

"Sweet hands" played in Providence for most of the season. I don't he qualifies for this award this year. But CHAD Johnson does qualify.

[/QUOTE]

ha, sorry, Chad.  but even Nick could play goal for the Bruins according to many ppl.

[/QUOTE]

No, that's pretty much reserved for a dumb maritimer with a badge. Teehee...Don't tell him I said that k? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Chad "Average Hands" Johnson?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

BU and Northeastern sorority sisters go online late to vote for the Hobbit.

Krug by a landslide!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I still like reach around better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Smith for sure if you truly go by the meaning of the award least expected of. I'm sure the more informed fans knew what Soderberg was capable of but you can toss him in there too for the award. speaking of mr Soderberg he's been absolutely fantastic of late and looks more than comfortable at the NHL level now. he's argubly been one of the best forwards over the past couple months since moving to the center position and a huge reason for an uptick in consistent team offense. because of that third line consistency he brings i believe the Bruins are better than last year and can be the difference maker come playoffs/Stanley cup final. assuming good team health of course...........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Soderberg, Smith or Krug is fine with me.

However, a slight nod to Soderberg. We can safely say that there is no #3 centre in the league quite like him. Such a fantastic ace-in-the-hole come playoff time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yea reach around fits nicely. Sorry book. lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Soderberg, Smith or Krug is fine with me.

However, a slight nod to Soderberg. We can safely say that there is no #3 centre in the league quite like him. Such a fantastic ace-in-the-hole come playoff time.

Once again the B's will & could have the advantage to get them over the hump. Depth on the 3rd line. And they still have the best 4th line in the game. That's with, or without Thorts in the lineup. It was this line that killed the Rangers & the line that helped the B's go up 2-1 in games in the Finals. I don't speak in absolutes, but I highly doubt the 3rd line of Yeti, Loui & Kelly will go with the same unproductivity as last seasons 3rd line. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I wonder if Chad knows his nickname is "Reacharound"? I'm sure he'd be pleased!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder if Chad knows his nickname is "Reacharound"? I'm sure he'd be pleased!

[/QUOTE]

He wouldn't bother me as much as Lucic finding out his is "fat Lucic". 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Iggy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What about Krug?

Eighth on the team in scoring as a rookie defenseman while still keeping his own end in order.  I'd be okay with that.

I'm okay with Smith, Soderberg or Krug.  Smith is in quite a rut, however.  His game is losing a lot of steam.  That could affect the vote.

[/QUOTE]

I thought of Krug, but I actually had high expectations of him, so that would be the difference. He didn't exceed them in my mind, he met them.

[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel too Red. How's that shining of the $100 bill coming along? LaughingTongue Out

[/QUOTE]

You mean 86.00US$...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Not to argue but I compared him to Tomas Holmstrom way back in the fall.  Big body, nice hands inside, a beast up close.  So you are correct, he is becoming a force.  

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to islamorada's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yetiberg wlll undoubtedly lose to Smith but in the playoffs there will be no doubt.  

In response to golden9x's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought right off the bat, Reilly Smith but Yetiberg is making a late push......

[/QUOTE]

islamorada have u been reading my soderberg posts.. lol. yes indeed watch him in the playoffs, i think he has it,,, we'll see!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Yeti!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Krug or Miller.  Both have been solid. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

Soda and Miller are both wicked good candidates...Krug gets my nod.

Garfield

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What about Krug?

Eighth on the team in scoring as a rookie defenseman while still keeping his own end in order.  I'd be okay with that.

I'm okay with Smith, Soderberg or Krug.  Smith is in quite a rut, however.  His game is losing a lot of steam.  That could affect the vote.

[/QUOTE]

I thought of Krug, but I actually had high expectations of him, so that would be the difference. He didn't exceed them in my mind, he met them.

[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel too Red. How's that shining of the $100 bill coming along? LaughingTongue Out

[/QUOTE]

You mean 86.00US$...

[/QUOTE]

No I mean $100.00Can

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from btrentor. Show btrentor's posts

Definitely Smith or Krug. Soderberg has been a positive but was highly touted with much fanfare when the B's finally landed him, so we all expected him to play well. 7th player is "above and beyond". No one even knew who the "throw in" Smith was in the Seguin trade. And undrafted Krug has allowed the B's to radically change and improve their power play, which was sorely needed. Pick em'.

Sections
Shortcuts