2014 Bruins better thab last years team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

2014 Bruins better thab last years team?

I saw yes!

Iggy better than Horton, 3rd line is solid, Krug has a year in the bigs

Add Smith, Erickson, Mesz

Lost Seguin and Seidenberg, Jagr

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: 2014 Bruins better thab last years team?

fwd- yes.  More depth.  Iggy is an upgrade, Loui Soder also a big upgrade.  Fwds much better

def- no.  Impossible to replace seidz and ference and what they brought in the playoffs.  If chara goes down we are sunk.  

goal- yes.  I think rask will raise it another level this year.  I think he learned from last yrs final.  

special teams- yes. Pk is still diminant.  Pp hasnt been a constant thread all year.  

I also think the east is very weak compared to the west.  Imagine the blue jackets in round one?  We wont get a test until we play philly or montreal.  I see montreal vs boston eastern final.  How awesome would that be.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And better than the 2011 team as well. Points from the point sets them above a lot of teams I have seen in Boston. Also you can throw in - much more confidence in callups from Providence.

Looking through the Ducks, Hawks, Shabs, Dirty Birds, Avs, Kings, Blues and Sharks 3rd lines and they really have no answer compared to the Bruins 3rd line.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And better than the 2011 team as well. Points from the point sets them above a lot of teams I have seen in Boston. Also you can throw in - much more confidence in callups from Providence.

Looking through the Ducks, Hawks, Shabs, Dirty Birds, Avs, Kings, Blues and Sharks 3rd lines and they really have no answer compared to the Bruins 3rd line.

[/QUOTE]

I am not convinced that our defense is better.   i think its worse.  But i think last yrs run was vital to krug and bart.  Hamilton didnt have that trial run and is depended to be a top 4.   

i think the kings, hawks and sharks third lines are very good.  But ours is much better then last year.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sod - yes definitely gives more depth

Loui  no comparison over seg

Ig. He's 36 does have 26  goals but will he do better then horton in playoffs?

Seides- huge loss

P.s been saying from the start of season soderberg can be the impact guy In playoffs. Still not impressed with loui but he may benefit from the play of soder. 

[/QUOTE]

Iggy is 36. And leads this team in goals.  Is a hof player on the top line.  He will be better then horton bc he will play hard every game.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I don't think there's a question that it's better than last year's team.  Our third line last year was awful.  That showed in the Finals.  The emergence of Soderberg centering the 3rd line has done wonders.  

Tuukka has another year under his belt and is proving that he's worth every penny of that contract.  

The top 2 lines are as solid as any top 2 lines in the NHL.   The 4th line is doing what they always do and doing it well.

Overall, the defense is a little shaky compared to years past.  I don't think I've ever seen so many odd man rushes against a Bruins team in the past 5 years.  Luckily, Rask has been there to bail the D out.  Seids is sorely missed but I'm liking the progression of Hamilton, Krug and Bart.  

Can't wait for the playoffs!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

The Bruins are talented, deep and battle-tested better than ever, For the most part healthy too. Right now we are winning some games on Cruise. One wise man once said "These aren't a bunch of young whipper-snappers. These are grizzled veterans, with a few younguns thrown in for spice"

That spice has given us more speed up the middle and a better PP for sure. Our 4 forward lines are stronger than ever. If you think of the Bruins as an onion; you peel one layer, and there are two more behind it that are going to bring tears to your eyes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

And better than the 2011 team as well. [/QUOTE]

I am not convinced that our defense is better.   i think its worse.  But i think last yrs run was vital to krug and bart.  Hamilton didnt have that trial run and is depended to be a top 4.  [/QUOTE]

Seidenberg was a minus- 5 last three games of the 2013 SCF. He was not the same as he was in the 2011 SCF. Looked worn out and tired in game 6 last year.

On paper I think the 2011 and 2013 defense is better in their own zone but not the other two zones. But that mighyt be a wash with the points tha the Bruins get from the defense now. 2011 and 2013 defensive, outside of Krug, didn't push the puck as much as the 2014 defense does.

This unit will look much different if McQuaid is healthy and starting as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

I am not convinced that our defense is better.   i think its worse.  But i think last yrs run was vital to krug and bart.  Hamilton didnt have that trial run and is depended to be a top 4.  [/QUOTE]

Seidenberg was a minus- 5 last three games of the 2013 SCF. He was not the same as he was in the 2011 SCF. Looked worn out and tired in game 6 last year.

On paper I think the 2011 and 2013 defense is better in their own zone but not the other two zones. But that mighyt be a wash with the points tha the Bruins get from the defense now. 2011 and 2013 defensive, outside of Krug, didn't push the puck as much as the 2014 defense does.

[/QUOTE]

Im not a huge fan of +/-   I know in our short playoffs in 2012 he was our best defense and likely player.   He provides huge relief for Chara.  i think we are gonna see how good the youngins will be.  But 2 finals appearances with ference, seidz mcQ.  With the possibility of all three missing its a bit of a question mark for me.   Not only are seidz ference playoff savy they were also leaders.   Luckily this team has lots of leaders.  

should be fun to eatch them out there.  Hamilton could be the biggest question mark for me.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

Seides- huge loss

P.s been saying from the start of season soderberg can be the impact guy In playoffs. Still not impressed with loui but he may benefit from the play of soder. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't know why you keep bringing up Iginla's age.  He's a horse.  He's had more seasons where he played 82 games than seasons where he's missed some games.  Bogie would have a better chance than Horton to playing a season without getting hurt.  Also, Eriksson will have more points in the 2014 playoffs than Seguin had in three years here.  We agree on Seidenberg and Soderberg.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Regarding shutdown D. without Sieds and maybe Mcquaid. We are not stronger but the up side is we have stronger shudown forward lines, a more mobile D and a better PP. That is the combonation that will hopefully overcome it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know why you keep bringing up Iginla's age.  He's a horse.  He's had more seasons where he played 82 games than seasons where he's missed some games.  

[/QUOTE]

Some people have blinders on when it comes to a player's age, and don't take the individual player into account. Every player ages differently. Christ, Recchi had 14 points in 25 games for us in the 2011 run and he was 43.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't know why you keep bringing up Iginla's age.  He's a horse.  He's had more seasons where he played 82 games than seasons where he's missed some games.  

[/QUOTE]

Some people have blinders on when it comes to a player's age, and don't take the individual player into account. Every player ages differently. Christ, Recchi had 14 points in 25 games for us in the 2011 run and he was 43.

[/QUOTE]

Have you seen him lately? I think he had one of those Domincan Republic birth certificates and is actually 51.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I say yes, but it will be interesting come playoff time to see what the kiddos do on the blueline instead of Ference and Seidenberg, two proven stalwarts in the playoffs.  Aside from personnel changes though, I think Hamilton has improved a lot and Krug should be better too.

Up front, I don't think there's any question.  Subtract Horton, Jagr, and Seguin but add in Reilly Smith, Iginla, and Eriksson?  I'd take 2014 all day long.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Re: 2014 Bruins better than last years team?

Also Hamilton has improved

Moved Chara up front on PP

I love this team

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

This year's Bruins are a pretty major upgrade over last year's in my mind. The forward corps is vastly improved; recall that last year, the 3rd line which had been pretty solid in 2011 was horrible. The 4th line was broken in the playoffs when Campbell went down. You might take this year's Seguin over this year's Loui, but last year's Seguin wasn't much to watch, especially in the playoffs. That caused disruption with the second line in the playoffs. Seguin's only goal of the playoffs last year was in the "buttfumble" loss to the Rangers.

Krug, Bartkowski, and Hamilton have a full year of experience under their belts, and I still firmly believe that Miller gives the Bruins everything they got from McQuaid and maybe more. At worst, that's a wash in my mind.

Another year of experience with Rask, and what's proving to be another able-bodied backup goalie.

To me this year's team is better, but as always the Cup will fall to the team that plays the best and stays healthy, something that plagued the B's last season (yet they still made it to game 6 of the SCF against a "much better" opponent).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

fwd- yes.  More depth.  Iggy is an upgrade, Loui Soder also a big upgrade.  Fwds much better

def- no.  Impossible to replace seidz and ference and what they brought in the playoffs.  If chara goes down we are sunk.  

goal- yes.  I think rask will raise it another level this year.  I think he learned from last yrs final.  

special teams- yes. Pk is still diminant.  Pp hasnt been a constant thread all year.  

I also think the east is very weak compared to the west.  Imagine the blue jackets in round one?  We wont get a test until we play philly or montreal.  I see montreal vs boston eastern final.  How awesome would that be.  

[/QUOTE]
    VERY! I'll be $300 richer! I don't know which bill I'll frame though...Red's, or 50's! Boston1429 or whatever his name is I'll use to buy my play-off beer & champagne.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have you seen him lately? I think he had one of those Domincan Republic birth certificates and is actually 51.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's trying too hard to keep up with the "Party Animal!"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im not a huge fan of +/-   I know in our short playoffs in 2012 he was our best defense and likely player.   He provides huge relief for Chara.  i think we are gonna see how good the youngins will be.  But 2 finals appearances with ference, seidz mcQ.  With the possibility of all three missing its a bit of a question mark for me.   Not only are seidz ference playoff savy they were also leaders.   Luckily this team has lots of leaders.  

should be fun to eatch them out there.  Hamilton could be the biggest question mark for me.  

[/QUOTE]

I think overall where we lose the experience on the backend with Seids & Ference we make up some of that loss- not all,  in speed from there. And I think Jonny Boychuk is going to have a monster play-off. I think Miller is going to be what Ference was. Not in the same leadership capacity, but in his play. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I say yes, but it will be interesting come playoff time to see what the kiddos do on the blueline instead of Ference and Seidenberg, two proven stalwarts in the playoffs.  Aside from personnel changes though, I think Hamilton has improved a lot and Krug should be better too.

Up front, I don't think there's any question.  Subtract Horton, Jagr, and Seguin but add in Reilly Smith, Iginla, and Eriksson?  I'd take 2014 all day long.

I agree. But I would also add Soderberg up front to your list. I think we also have better depth up front this year in Providence as well (we can do better than what Daugavins was last year).

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How do Bruins meet Mtl in Eastern final? If Scabs are a wildcard? or do you mean Atlantic final?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. But I would also add Soderberg up front to your list. I think we also have better depth up front this year in Providence as well (we can do better than what Daugavins was last year).

[/QUOTE]

Good call.  Meant to have him in there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

[QUOTE]

Seides- huge loss

[/QUOTE]

Seguin brought nada in the 2013 playoffs...

Sections
Shortcuts