2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE] 

[/QUOTE] Nice post, after all u did imply that hockey has always been the usa's sport. lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its a pattern, NAS.  That was an important game with respect to seeding and Rask let in a very soft goal that otherwise would have helped them beat Team Canada.  They lost that game because of Rask.

You mean the game that went to OT with the scored tied 1-1?  You mean the game in which a semi-laughable defense attempted to stop the best players Canada has to offer and after 60 minutes, Rask had only one beat him?

You mean a pattern of failure that killed the Bruins in the post season last year, allowing them to merely get to Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final?

Yep.  Cannot trust that Rask guy at all.  Totally crumbles under pressure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Pierre Mcguire was at the game, positioned in the shooting lane and he said it was a terrible goal.  I think he knows what he's talking about being 30 feet away from the play.

And just for diagram sake;

That's a shot outside the dot from 35ft with no traffic.  An NHL goalie has to make that save, there's no excuse.  He has to have that.  He failed his team on a low percentage shot on the biggest stage in hockey.  That's not hating, that's being honest.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Aggregate score of three Swiss games with Hiller in net: 2-1.  Finns had five guys back all game. 

After what I've seen to date from this tournament, I don't see how people can say this is "the best hockey in the world."  Best players in the world playing a mediocre brand of hockey right now.  Anyone seen a hit?  Canada had lots of displays of great skill yesterday, but it was All-Star Game stuff not good, clean, hard tape to tape passes with guys driving the net.

Crosby looks lost.  Bergeron made half a dozen plays to get the puck and jump start the attack, gave the puck to Crosby, and Crosby gave it away, gave it to the wrong guy, or slowed down and allowed Finland to set up the box.  Meanwhile, Bergeron's charging to the net.  Bergeron, Benn, Toews, Tavares, Perry and sometimes Carter looked like the only Canadian forwards making any progress breaking down that Finnish box.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

[QUOTE]

Pierre Mcguire was at the game, positioned in the shooting lane and he said it was a terrible goal.  I think he knows what he's talking about being 30 feet away from the play.

And just for diagram sake;

That's a shot outside the dot from 35ft with no traffic.  An NHL goalie has to make that save, there's no excuse.  He has to have that.  He failed his team on a low percentage shot on the biggest stage in hockey.  That's not hating, that's being honest.

[/QUOTE]

He's didn't have a Bruins uniform on, so, nothing game to me.

Also, who said all goalies stop low % shots 100% of the time. I think Doughty miss hit the shot just enough to fool Tuukka. Luck works in mysterious ways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Its a pattern, NAS.  That was an important game with respect to seeding and Rask let in a very soft goal that otherwise would have helped them beat Team Canada.  They lost that game because of Rask.

[/QUOTE]

You mean the game that went to OT with the scored tied 1-1?  You mean the game in which a semi-laughable defense attempted to stop the best players Canada has to offer and after 60 minutes, Rask had only one beat him?

You mean a pattern of failure that killed the Bruins in the post season last year, allowing them to merely get to Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final?

Yep.  Cannot trust that Rask guy at all.  Totally crumbles under pressure.

[/QUOTE]

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Do you realize that the Bruins went from game 7 of round 1 to game 5 of round 4 without losing a game in regulation, in 2013. And lost only in OT, twice, in that span.

That is 14 games in the toughest conditions. And the only reason they lost game 5 was the ref's non-call.

You eat and forget, my friend. We don't need friends like you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is that you ?  you lost some weight

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Anyone who puts the Finns loss on Rask either is a hater or never watched the game. Get your head out of the sand. Rask is the only reason it went to OT.

First off I agree he played great but what good are all those saves before the last shot on net ? Canada was the better team but it wasn't total domination, the Finn D played pretty good considering and keeping the Canadians on the outside. Let's be honest it was a soft goal.  Someone here once said it's his job to save the (that) puck.

Let's not forget Price's save in OT on Salo,  he might not have been veruy busy but that save he made in OT was as important as Doughty's winning goal.

I'm happy the Bruins have Rask , we as fans should be lucky to have had Thomas and now Rask tend goal for the Bruins.  As fans , like Bim, he's allowed to critic if he feels it was a soft goal. It doesn't make him less knowledgeable about hockey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Aggregate score of three Swiss games with Hiller in net: 2-1.  Finns had five guys back all game. 

After what I've seen to date from this tournament, I don't see how people can say this is "the best hockey in the world."  Best players in the world playing a mediocre brand of hockey right now.  Anyone seen a hit?  Canada had lots of displays of great skill yesterday, but it was All-Star Game stuff not good, clean, hard tape to tape passes with guys driving the net.

Crosby looks lost.  Bergeron made half a dozen plays to get the puck and jump start the attack, gave the puck to Crosby, and Crosby gave it away, gave it to the wrong guy, or slowed down and allowed Finland to set up the box.  Meanwhile, Bergeron's charging to the net.  Bergeron, Benn, Toews, Tavares, Perry and sometimes Carter looked like the only Canadian forwards making any progress breaking down that Finnish box.

[/QUOTE]

I agree book.  I think its been very avg hockey.  There is more agression in the womans hockey.   The big rinks are supposed to create speed and offense.  Not when everyteam but sweden, canada and usa trap like their life depends on it.  

It should get a little better going fwd.  but it also means trap trap trap.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and Books,  why would a defense try to hit someone on the boards ?  they would b so out of position with this ice surface , that's bad D. Perfect for Kessel. 

Cherry called it perfect in the 1st intermission.  trap trap, 5men back and wait for a PP.

In Vancouver , on NHL ice surface , it was a much better brand of hockey.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:

[QUOTE]

Anyone who puts the Finns loss on Rask either is a hater or never watched the game. Get your head out of the sand. Rask is the only reason it went to OT.

[/QUOTE]

First off I agree he played great but what good are all those saves before the last shot on net ? Canada was the better team but it wasn't total domination, the Finn D played pretty good considering and keeping the Canadians on the outside. Let's be honest it was a soft goal.  Someone here once said it's his job to save the (that) puck.

Let's not forget Price's save in OT on Salo,  he might not have been veruy busy but that save he made in OT was as important as Doughty's winning goal.

I'm happy the Bruins have Rask , we as fans should be lucky to have had Thomas and now Rask tend goal for the Bruins.  As fans , like Bim, he's allowed to critic if he feels it was a soft goal. It doesn't make him less knowledgeable about hockey.

[/QUOTE]

If that was Loungo i would love to hear the commentary on here.  Or Price.   Elite goalies should make that save.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I also dont think the Swiss will do anything against our defense which is simply amazing.  

[/QUOTE]

"Simply amazing" seems like a reasonable description for that D-corps. They are a collection of Norris trophy finalists and cornerstone defencemen for their NHL franchises.

The most of these types from any nation participating. 

Just wondering..........before the tourney, on this forum, I read the opinion of Canada's Olympic defence being descibed as "suspect".

What is your opinion about this pre-Olympic description of the D-corps ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I also dont think the Swiss will do anything against our defense which is simply amazing.  

[/QUOTE]

"Simply amazing" seems like a reasonable description for that D-corps. They are a collection of Norris trophy finalists and cornerstone defencemen for their NHL franchises.

Just wondering..........before the tourney, on this forum, I read the opinion of Canada's Olympic defence being descibed as "suspect".

[/QUOTE]

I dont think i said they were suspect.   I think they are awesome.   where are you going with this anyway.  You are the bad boogieman no one wants a visit from.   

i wasnt sure what to expect from hamhuis or jbo and i think they have been ok.   Vlasic really has impressed me.   Keith, drew, shea, alex i knew what we were getting.  When you can throw those 4 out you are sitting pretty.  As for the goaltending i believe in both guys.  I dont have that comfy warm feeling with loungo.   But i do with Price.  

I dont recall anyone calling the defense suspect prior to the beginning.   Maybe San.  But i think that had more to do with how their defense stacked up.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Everything about this Canadian team is suspect.  If they can't score at a breakneck pace, it makes me wonder if they should start drug testing all of the NHLers from Canada when they get back.

Stars in the NHL, mediocre in the Olympics.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Everything about this Canadian team is suspect.  If they can't score at a breakneck pace, it makes me wonder if they should start drug testing all of the NHLers from Canada when they get back.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[/QUOTE]

Kessel is leading the tourny in pts.   This isnt new NAS.  Teams trap it up.  Just like team USA did in 2010.   Team Russia tried to play hockey with us in 2010.   We saw what happened.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Canada has the best D . Imagine Subban can't a get a spot.   I wanted Seabrook there also but in the end any of these guys can do the job.  The only one I was suspect for being on the team was Vlasic but he's done well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We should go back to the all-star game thread you started, i think thats the solution,hold the all-star game every 4 yrs at the Olympics and you've killed 2 birds with one stone.Lots of all star teams,no hitting,fast skating,behind their back passing,skills competition,it has it all.And another thing,lots of parties for the exec's to smooze with the sponsors.The NHL might even get more fans watching it because there are other sports to watch at the same time.Look at that luge go!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[/QUOTE]

If that was Loungo i would love to hear the commentary on here.  Or Price.   Elite goalies should make that save.  

[/QUOTE]

I imagine the commentary would have been the same,as in the team wouldn't have made it to OT if it weren't for (insert goalie here) but he should have had that one in OT.If that was a knockout game,its totally on Rask,great regulation time performance or not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I imagine the commentary would have been the same,as in the team wouldn't have made it to OT if it weren't for (insert goalie here) but he should have had that one in OT.If that was a knockout game,its totally on Rask,great regulation time performance or not.

[/QUOTE]

No chance does that happen.   If luongo let that in it would be typical loungo.  Choke in the spotlight.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

No chance does that happen.   If luongo let that in it would be typical loungo.  Choke in the spotlight.  

[/QUOTE]

Actually your right, if that was Luongo or Price that let in that goal,the naysayers would be out and i would be one of them.Not a big fan of either goalie but they are tending Canada's net so i'm hoping ,i guess its Price,does the job. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You seem to spend a lot of time talking about Canada,I thought you were anti Canadian but maybee I got you all wrong,thinking you actually love us,I got a friend that works in imagration want me to put a word in for you.Oh and congrts to team USA on making it to gold medal game,funny that a Canadian is the first to do it,but than yeah I no its not real hockey.I happen to think it is.Talking Womans hockey.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually your right, if that was Luongo or Price that let in that goal,the naysayers would be out and i would be one of them.Not a big fan of either goalie but they are tending Canada's net so i'm hoping ,i guess its Price,does the job. 

[/QUOTE]

Price is my hope as well.  i think both are great goalies but loungo has been branded.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[/QUOTE]

NAS, seriously?  You sound like a Globe reporter now.  The teams have been skating together for a grand total of 9 days.  There's zero familiarity.  And the teams that have it are playing exciting hockey.  Just like in the NHL.  What tourny are you watching? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Where has this thing called "exciting hockey" been?  I've seen good teams both snoozing and dominating second tier teams; I've seen one real game in which the most notable part was one guy doing a breakaway drill; I've seen Finland, supposedly a potential medal team, make no effort to generate offense (15 shots?  Really?) because they were so busy clogging the space between the dots.  They had six goalies.

Wake me up for either USA v Canada or the gold medal game.  Whichever comes first.