2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey bhab not sure but

Did chara get a medal? Krejci? Kane? Etc..

It's all kess fault they didn't get one

[/QUOTE]

Chara got a cup 

and Kess did not

Krejci got a cup 

and Kess did not

Kane got a cup

and Kess did not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And now you will mention Neely.

But Neely scored some big goals when it mattered

And Kess did not.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Ummm 

winning a cup isn't based on one player need the elements

But I'll march In your game - jarome iginla - How many cups? 

[/QUOTE]

Keep squirming.

Iginla got a gold medal

and Kess does not.

Iginla got 52 goals one year

and Kessel hasn't scored 40 yet

Difference between me and you is, I'll admit it if Kess ever scores a GWG in a playoff game, I will admit it if he gets 50.

You - your favorite binky of all time doesn't show up and you don't admit it.

You - just keep changing the subject.

You - are too arrogant to admit you are wrong.

Just admit Kessel didn't show up.  But you won't.  It's everyone else's fault except Kessel.  It's the Bruins who didn't support him, it's the Leafs who don't surround him with good enough players, it's the rest of the US Olympic team.

Big goal scorers are supposed to do one thing.

Hint: it is not banging in the corners, fighting guys, or blocking shots.

Big goal scorers are supposed to score big goals.

And your binky Kess has never done that.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Arrogant? U got the wrong guy - pls see nas - as arrogant as u can get - miltary style

You want me to admit that  Usa lost cuz kessel didn't show up.  Are u doing it on purpose or are u being dense? 

What u Don't understand and I'm surprised cuz u said you've played is that usa got dominated In the game score was 1-0 but canada owned them the same way they owned sweden

Ur Not giving canada any merit nor respect by saying kess didn't show up.  They got beat by a superior team

The way I expected them and the rest of the countries to lose vs can

P.s. pat lafontaine - liked him - no cups 

Kess is not a 50gs and I never said he was but in today's game you can count 50 gs on your hand in fact the 2 50gs that comes quick to my mind is ovie and stamkos

[/QUOTE]

Malkin & Perry as recent as 2011-12

Crosby in 2009-10.

Why does every thread you contribute to turn into a Kessel and Seguin conversation? This needs to stop. Please, go to a Maple Leafs and/or a Stars forum. I can see why their names would pop up every now and then as some former Bruins do, but holy christ, it's beyond the point of ridiculous now.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Arrogant? U got the wrong guy - pls see nas - as arrogant as u can get - miltary style

You want me to admit that  Usa lost cuz kessel didn't show up.  Are u doing it on purpose or are u being dense? 

What u Don't understand and I'm surprised cuz u said you've played is that usa got dominated In the game score was 1-0 but canada owned them the same way they owned sweden

Ur Not giving canada any merit nor respect by saying kess didn't show up.  They got beat by a superior team

The way I expected them and the rest of the countries to lose vs can

P.s. pat lafontaine - liked him - no cups 

Kess is not a 50gs and I never said he was but in today's game you can count 50 gs on your hand in fact the 2 50gs that comes quick to my mind is ovie and stamkos

[/QUOTE]

I don't give a flying fawk at a rolling donut who else didn't show up.

The point is, your binky didn't show up.  

You keep touting him as a player along with Seguin that you could build a dynasty around.

You have said they would have won with Kessel.

And EVERYONE under the sun has noticed that Kessel hasn't showed up for big games.

EXCEPT YOU

This Olympics proved to be another example.

Go ahead change the subject again, say anything but admit Kess didn't show up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Team canada deserved the gold, but lets not get crazy and say they dominated the whole tournament. Squeaking by Latvia and their back up goalie 2-1 is not domination.

[/QUOTE]

I think it's important to note , they dominated when it counted ...The way Canada played defensively throughout these Olympics....that team made your binky , Cary Price look unbeatable . I think it's safe to say Price , never had to steal one game for his team . He was never really tested the final two games. I like Cary Price , but let's not get crazy , that was a hell of a team playing in front of him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Team canada deserved the gold, but lets not get crazy and say they dominated the whole tournament. Squeaking by Latvia and their back up goalie 2-1 is not domination.

[/QUOTE]

I think it's important to note , they dominated when it counted ...The way Canada played defensively throughout these Olympics....that team made your binky , Cary Price look unbeatable . I think it's safe to say Price , never had to steal one game for his team . He was never really tested the final two games. I like Cary Price , but let's not get crazy , that was a hell of a team playing in front of him.

[/QUOTE]

Prive was awesome against team usa.  1-0.    He made key saves at key times throughout the tourny.  Ot vs finland.   All game vs usa.  Today he was just calm and solid.   I think he was fantastic.  Goalie of the tourny kinda sells that on me.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Goalie of the tourny kinda sells that on me.  

[/QUOTE]

Didn't Rask get goalie of the Tourney? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just read where Price was goalie MVP,good for him,played well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Prive was awesome against team usa.  1-0.    He made key saves at key times throughout the tourny.  Ot vs finland.   All game vs usa.  Today he was just calm and solid.   I think he was fantastic.  Goalie of the tourny kinda sells that on me.  

[/QUOTE]

Watching this team, can you honestly say...thank Christ for Cary Price , or Canada had no business winning any of those games . I can't . Yes he was solid , but not spectacular..he didn't have to be. Pretty sure Canada wins gold....With Tuukka Rask in net. Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Watching this team, can you honestly say...thank Christ for Cary Price , or Canada had no business winning any of those games . I can't . Yes he was solid , but not spectacular..he didn't have to be. Pretty sure Canada wins gold....With Tuukka Rask in net. Wink

[/QUOTE]

Yes.  He answered all the bone heads and played great, cool, calm and did exactly what he was asked to do.  Tukka let 4 in on 20 shots and has found ways like in the stanley cup final and against canada to let in late goals.   

Im extremely thankfull price played over lou.   Im glad the big wheels viewed price the way kelv and i do.   Price biggest challenge was team usa.  He respnded with a 1-0 shutout.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Woulda been a terrible injustive.  He wasnt that good.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes.  He answered all the bone heads and played great, cool, calm and did exactly what he was asked to do.  Tukka let 4 in on 20 shots and has found ways like in the stanley cup final and against canada to let in late goals.   

Im extremely thankfull price played over lou.   Im glad the big wheels viewed price the way kelv and i do.   Price biggest challenge was team usa.  He respnded with a 1-0 shutout.  

[/QUOTE]

Price...career playoff stats in the NHL. In 30 playoff games . 9 wins . 17 losses...he's won a grand total of....wait for it ....one round ...fantastic. It's no secret you don't like Rask , Blaming Rask for the Stanley Cup loss..sure. Maybe watch every game from last years playoffs again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You make it sound like Price had to be herculean, a bit over the top i would say.Rask wasn't too bad either except for his first game and Price certainly didn't have to save the day.Price's performances in the playoffs speak for that,his record having been mentioned above.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Price...career playoff stats in the NHL. In 30 playoff games . 9 wins . 17 losses...he's won a grand total of....wait for it ....one round ...fantastic. It's no secret you don't like Rask , Blaming Rask for the Stanley Cup loss..sure. Maybe watch every game from last years playoffs again.

[/QUOTE]

What was rasks before last year?   I dont think he was great against the leafs.  Without an outstanding 3rd period he chokes another playoff series.  The rangers were brutal.  Total domination on pitt.  Got out played and couldnt hold leads in the final.  

I watch rask play in the best system in the league.   Have a look at CJs stats.   An avg AHL goalie has all world numbers this year for the Bruins.  

now, to say i dislike rask is wrong.  I just dont believe he is a god and savior like most do.   I credit bostons system and combine it with an elite goalie.   Montreal is not a solid team like boston.   Rask would be hard pressed to do any better then Price.   For me if i had to choose i take price.    But thats bc im a big fan of price.   So please dont tell me who i like and who i dont bc if i dont like someone i will say so.   I hate his contract.   But im thrilled to have him in net.  He has the best rebound control ive ever seen.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You make it sound like Price had to be herculean, a bit over the top i would say.Rask wasn't too bad either except for his first game and Price certainly didn't have to save the day.Price's performances in the playoffs speak for that,his record having been mentioned above.

[/QUOTE]

He shut out the highest scoring team, shut out sweden in the gold medal game.  He cant have minus goals.   He outplayed the guys who are considered the best in the world.  He made key saves at key times and showed the world why hes an elite goalie.   Everyone said it was a weakness.  It was a stength.  Period.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He shut out the highest scoring team, shut out sweden in the gold medal game.  He cant have minus goals.   He outplayed the guys who are considered the best in the world.  He made key saves at key times and showed the world why hes an elite goalie.   

[/QUOTE]

Leaky had a shutout as well and i don't think it would be too far of a stretch to think Canada would have won Gold with him in net as well.With the defensive system that Team Canada had in place i think they would have, it favors any goalie.I realize that you love Price and he is a good goalie and showed it in these Olympics,i can agree with that, but lets be honest he didn't have to stand on his head. As far as Rask being overpaid,wait until Carey waives his gold medal in Bergevins face in his next contract negotiations.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He shut out the highest scoring team, shut out sweden in the gold medal game.  He cant have minus goals.   He outplayed the guys who are considered the best in the world.  He made key saves at key times and showed the world why hes an elite goalie.   

[/QUOTE]

Leaky had a shutout as well and i don't think it would be too far of a stretch to think Canada would have won Gold with him in net as well.With the defensive system that Team Canada had in place i think they would have, it favors any goalie.I realize that you love Price and he is a good goalie and showed it in these Olympics,i can agree with that, but lets be honest he didn't have to stand on his head. As far as Rask being overpaid,wait until Carey waives his gold medal in Bergevins face in his next contract negotiations.

[/QUOTE]

No way in my opinion do we beat usa with lou.  The margain for error was zero.  Thats what price did.  He was fantastic in that game.   Also had more pressure then any goalie at this tourny.  Did he flat out steal games?   No.   Although the 1-0 shutout was close in my eyes.  

Price is already signed long term.  I thought it was a bad contract, still do.   

Look, canada was a machine.  Simply amazing at playing solid defense.   But Price was a huge part of that and was the best goalie start to gold medal finish.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Price signed a 6 year $39M contract paying him an average of $6.5M a year. $7M a year the last 3 years, what a terrible contract. Way over paid Sealed

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Price signed a 6 year $39M contract paying him an average of $6.5M a year. $7M a year the last 3 years, what a terrible contract. Way over paid Sealed

[/QUOTE]

Beat you to it san.   I hate goalie contracts.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No way in my opinion do we beat usa with lou.  tourny.  Did he flat out steal games?  

Price is already signed long term.  I thought it was a bad contract, still do.   

Look, canada was a machine.  Simply amazing at playing solid defense.   But Price was a huge part of that and was the best goalie start to gold medal finish.  

[/QUOTE]

We'll never know about Lou, but i agree Canada was a machine and yes,Carey was a huge part of that.