Russia vs. Slovenia, 7:30 a.m. ET

USA vs. Slovakia, 7:30 a.m. ET

Thursday, Feb. 13 – Men’s Prelims, Group B

Finland vs. Austria, 3 a.m. ET

Canada vs. Norway, 12 p.m. ET

Friday, Feb. 14 – Men’s Prelims, Group B

Canada vs. Austria, 12 p.m. ET

Norway vs. Finland 12 p.m. ET

Team Canada Hockey Reuters Captain Sidney Crosby and Team Canada hope to repeat as Winter Olympic Men's Hockey champions.

Friday, Feb. 14 – Men’s Prelims, Group C

Czech Republic vs. Latvia, 3 a.m. ET

Sweden vs. Switzerland, 7:30 a.m. ET

Saturday, Feb. 15 – Men’s Prelims, Group A

Slovakia vs. Slovenia, 3 am ET

USA vs. Russia, 7:30 a.m. ET

Saturday, Feb. 15 – Men’s Prelims, Group C

Switzerland vs. Czech Republic, 12 p.m. ET

Sweden vs. Latvia, 12 p.m. ET

Henrik Lundqvist Sweden Reuters Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers will lead Sweden throughout the 2014 Sochi Winter Games.

Sunday, Feb. 16 – Men’s Prelims, Group A

USA vs. Slovenia, 7:30 a.m. ET

Russia vs. Slovakia, 7:30 a.m. ET

Sunday, Feb. 16 – Men’s Prelims, Group B

Austria vs. Norway, 3 a.m. ET

Canada vs. Finland, 12 p.m. ET

Tuesday, Feb. 18 – Men’s Playoff Qualification

Teams: TBD

Start Times: 3 a.m., 7:30 a.m., 12 p.m., 12 p.m. (All Eastern Times)

Wednesday, Feb. 19 – Men’s Quarterfinals

Start Times: 3 a.m., 7:30 a.m., 12 p.m., 12 p.m. (All Eastern Times)

Friday, Feb. 21 – Men’s Semifinals

Start Times: 7 a.m. & 12 p.m. (All Times Eastern)

Saturday, Feb. 22 – Men’s Final

Start Time: 10 a.m. ET

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

Anyone else itching for some hockey?

Heres the schedule, hopefully it helps.

Hopefully this will be the thread we can come to talk all things Olympic hockey and where Shupe can vent after the U.S wins the gold.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Thanks kel.  The dvr is gonna be smoking by the end of the week.  

Any tips on avoiding the scores all day long so I can watch after work?  Might be hopeless....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Thanks kel.  The dvr is gonna be smoking by the end of the week

USA vs. Slovakia, 7 4:30 a.m. E PT USA vs. Russia, 7 4:30 a.m. E PT

Thank you Olympic committee...cough*...I mean Putin and his idiot Sochi communications experts! I know how important it is to make sure Switzerland and Latvian hockey fans are all settled in to watch the games in the afternoon.

Czech Republic vs. Sweden, 12 p.m. ET

Working from my home office manana to see this one. Way to start the Olympic hockey schedule off the right way. Great tilt!

Go Krejci show the King who is boss!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

anyone else think that finland at 11/1 is a phenomenal bet?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks kel.  The dvr is gonna be smoking by the end of the week.  

Any tips on avoiding the scores all day long so I can watch after work?  Might be hopeless....

[/QUOTE]

You live in the US.  Lawn darts, back scratching, nose picking and swamp people will get more air time.   

In the fun of the games here's hoping canada and the US play each other for gold.   I watched Lone Survivor today so i feel tight with you guys today.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Man i hope a goalie doesnt get knocked over in the Olympics.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:[QUOTE]

anyone else think that finland at 11/1 is a phenomenal bet? [/QUOTE]

Good bet to throw some money down on. Reminds me of the begining of the 2008 baseball season, threw money down on the Tampa Rays making the world series. It's 50 bucks I would have wasted in Vegas anyways.

Great pay out. Took my friends to Sizzler!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Slovaks could be a sleeper again.  If halak gets in a groove.  They have a strong defensive team.   Will be interesting to see how Z does on the big ice.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:[QUOTE]

anyone else think that finland at 11/1 is a phenomenal bet? [/QUOTE]

Good bet to throw some money down on. Reminds me of the begining of the 2008 baseball season, threw money down on the Tampa Rays making the world series. It's 50 bucks I would have wasted in Vegas anyways.

Great pay out. Took my friends to Sizzler!

[/QUOTE]

best bet i ever made was the blues to win the cup in the 11-12 season. they were some unbelievable payout for that and wound up a point shy of the presidents trophy if i remember correctly 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

So first game is tomorrow at 12:00 pm eastern?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes

[/QUOTE]

Thanks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Czech Republic vs. Sweden, 12pm ET, USA network.

Latvia vs. Switzerland, 12pm ET, msnbc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Man i hope a goalie doesnt get knocked over in the Olympics.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm not going anywhere near that...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mikko Koivu is officially out and I think that hurts them a lot.  Believe he would have been the #1 center and a guy who excels in all areas - defensive play, draws, PP, sh8rthanded.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mikko Koivu is officially out and I think that hurts them a lot.  Believe he would have been the #1 center and a guy who excels in all areas - defensive play, draws, PP, sh8rthanded.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and even with him that might be a terrible bet.  If you're grading on the curve, the Finns probably have the best compliment of goaltenders with Rask, Niemi and Lehtonen, but only one ever plays in a game and there's no medal for door opening and suit wearing.  On D, they've got a mix of ancient leaders in Salo and Timonen to go with some high talent but young players like Maatta and Vatanen, and some guys who couldn't make it in the NHL and went to Europe like Lasse Kukkonen and Sami Lepisto.  Same problem up front where they have guys like Barkov and Granlund on the green end, Selanne and Olli Jokinen on the grey end, and then not a lot of guys in between who are point producers - Filppula and Jussi Jokinen lead the team in terms of NHL points by Finns.  There are always a few guys in the Olympics or the World Cup who are playing overseas and who show really really well, but it's hard to bet on that happening here.

With Koivu, I could see a decent top like where he centres Jussi Jokinen and Granlund, a second line with Barkov, Filppula and Selanne, a third line with Komarov, Korpikoski and Tuomo Ruutu and a fourth line with...I don't know...three guys with about 25 vowels between them?  It sure doesn't look like murderers row, and it doesn't even so much look like the kind of roster that will have the athleticism to slow down the top teams enough for goaltending to steal a few key games.  I'm going to guess they finish out of the medals, maybe as low as 6th or even 7th after Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden, Czech and Slovak.  Sorry Tuukka.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And I'd even say that Rask could be the goalie of the tournament with them finishing 6th.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyhead22. Show hockeyhead22's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks kel.  The dvr is gonna be smoking by the end of the week

USA vs. Slovakia, 7 4:30 a.m. E PT USA vs. Russia, 7 4:30 a.m. E PT

Thank you Olympic committee...cough*...I mean Putin and his idiot Sochi communications experts! I know how important it is to make sure Switzerland and Latvian hockey fans are all settled in to watch the games in the afternoon.

Czech Republic vs. Sweden, 12 p.m. ET

Working from my home office manana to see this one. Way to start the Olympic hockey schedule off the right way. Great tilt!

Go Krejci show the King who is boss!

[/QUOTE]

psst...

SDB

The world is round. 12PM ET here is 7PM in Latvia.

Just sayin'

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Sweden looking good.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kaberle LoL

Pavelec isn't even dressed.

I think Jagr was on the ice the whole time in the 1st. He is going to be gassed by the 3rd. Lundqvist fell asleep in his net most of the period. Swedes having there way so far.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and even with him that might be a terrible bet.  If you're grading on the curve, the Finns probably have the best compliment of goaltenders with Rask, Niemi and Lehtonen, but only one ever plays in a game and there's no medal for door opening and suit wearing.  On D, they've got a mix of ancient leaders in Salo and Timonen to go with some high talent but young players like Maatta and Vatanen, and some guys who couldn't make it in the NHL and went to Europe like Lasse Kukkonen and Sami Lepisto.  Same problem up front where they have guys like Barkov and Granlund on the green end, Selanne and Olli Jokinen on the grey end, and then not a lot of guys in between who are point producers - Filppula and Jussi Jokinen lead the team in terms of NHL points by Finns.  There are always a few guys in the Olympics or the World Cup who are playing overseas and who show really really well, but it's hard to bet on that happening here.

With Koivu, I could see a decent top like where he centres Jussi Jokinen and Granlund, a second line with Barkov, Filppula and Selanne, a third line with Komarov, Korpikoski and Tuomo Ruutu and a fourth line with...I don't know...three guys with about 25 vowels between them?  It sure doesn't look like murderers row, and it doesn't even so much look like the kind of roster that will have the athleticism to slow down the top teams enough for goaltending to steal a few key games.  I'm going to guess they finish out of the medals, maybe as low as 6th or even 7th after Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden, Czech and Slovak.  Sorry Tuukka.

[/QUOTE]

single elimination tournament, all it takes is for tuukka or another goalie to get hot. i think 11/1 is an absolute steal

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Kaberle LoL

I think Jagr was on the ice the whole time in the 1st. He is going to be gassed by the 3rd. Lundvist fell asleep in his net most of the period. Swedes having there way so far.

[/QUOTE]

Yea, some of these moves by the Czech's is beyond..mind...Well I can't use the word mind, because it's like they don't have one. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:[QUOTE]

Kaberle LoL

I think Jagr was on the ice the whole time in the 1st. He is going to be gassed by the 3rd. Lundvist fell asleep in his net most of the period. Swedes having there way so far.[/QUOTE]

Yea, some of these moves by the Czech's is beyond..mind...Well I can't use the word mind, because it's like they don't have one. [/QUOTE]

At least dress him Nite.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Czechs need a goaltender.

Sections
Shortcuts