2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

In response to croc's comment:

Half of my family is Canadian.  My dad served in the RCAF (England and France) during WWII.  Canada has done their part around the globe historically and now.  They are no joke. (I grew up on Poutine - the real stuff, not the fad crazy food channel ripoffs. Enough Poutine and every adults belly is going to go "Global".)

The US men proved today they are every bit as good as the Russians.  I think they are prerty close to the Swedes. I don't think they are nearly as good or deep as the Canadians - up front-, but I know that's what every Canadian secretly fears.  That on a given day the US will steal one. Especially with the Canadian goalies being the weak link, while the US goalies are top notch.

I'll never understand why so many people think this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Half of my family is Canadian.  My dad served in the RCAF (England and France) during WWII.  Canada has done their part around the globe historically and now.  They are no joke. (I grew up on Poutine - the real stuff, not the fad crazy food channel ripoffs. Enough Poutine and every adults belly is going to go "Global".)

The US men proved today they are every bit as good as the Russians.  I think they are prerty close to the Swedes. I don't think they are nearly as good or deep as the Canadians - up front-, but I know that's what every Canadian secretly fears.  That on a given day the US will steal one. Especially with the Canadian goalies being the weak link, while the US goalies are top notch.

Did you ever see the video of the Canadian Marine sniper taking out the taliban at over one mile. wow ( note it's on the internet and is very graphic) may disturb some viewers. At present, I am enjoying a great Canadian blend, Crown Royal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Likely because the Canadians forwards and defence are stacked and both Canadian goalies have been known to have mental lapses in big games or are known for streaky play.Thats the only thing i can think of.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

What i find funny is all these American Hero movies like Lone Survivor are all complete failures.   I think they should stick with Rambo and ATeam flicks.    

"Movie fans are flocking to Lone Survivor, and critics are praising the film for its attention to detail and its depiction of Navy SEAL bravery"

Let's make sure we all hail the best of Canadian movies:

Degrassi Goes Hollywood Justin Bieber's Believe

Prisoners while was produced in the U.S. was directed by a Canadian.  Just saying, pretty good movie.  Did you ever watch " Monsieur Lazhar" ? another good one, watch "Incendies"

Justin Bieber is from Toronto what did you expect (sorry RHO ;))

and Kel Quick might be the best goalie in the NHL when healthy. Goalies it's advantage U.S.A .  I just knew he would out duel Brobrovsky or any Canadian goalie in a close game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I did think it was interesting that the annoucers were so surprised that Price coughed up that puck behind the net that led to a goal, because he's "so good handling the puck."

I like Price a lot, but if there's one thing I have seen him do A LOT is cough up the puck while handling it, and have it end up in the net as a weak goal.

Id take Quick first, then Price, then Miller and finally, Leaky Lou.  He's another one who's liable to give up a bad one at a bad time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to kitchener's comment:

Lake Placid was a long time ago wasn't that the last time Americans won the gold. LOL

Canada has won two gold medals since 1960 and so has the US.

Wow going back to 1960 wasn't born than dont care,what have yah done for me lately,the Bruins hadn't won since seventy two that wasn't doing it for me either,my memory doesn't go back that far.but if you want to live in the past,enjoy it. 

You brought up 1980 but short memories are more convenient. 2010 was 4 years ago so I guess barely winning home is enough. US beat the Russians today, Canada will finish off there tough schedule in the present.

How is Canada doing in the medal count ?

Whinning the Gold is enough if beating Russia in a preliminary round is as good for you,wow.

Yah That's what I meant. Your deductive reasoning is spot on as usual. You come here after the game and bring up 1980 as an insult because you can't say congrats after a big win against Russia on there ice. Way to troll!

Shouldn't be surprised from your reaction though. When the Bruins went down three goals against Toronto in game 7 you jumped ship and cried about the impending loss. Classic bandwagon jumping by you. 

If Canada wins tomorrow i'll be the 1st to say congrats.

Yeah my orrignal post was I thought it was a good game,the dumb shoot out wrecked it,but I was cheering for the US.but one you and Not A shot started puting the Canadian team down and my Country I started talking trash back.Also didn't know that you were another one of those super Bruin fans that new the Bruins were comming back against the Leafs yeah i get upset when the Bruins are loosing,and am sick and tired defending my self because I'm not a Bruin fan according to you loosers.This really isn't worth the time or effort arguing with you.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah my orrignal post was I thought it was a good game,the dumb shoot out wrecked it,but I was cheering for the US.but one you and Not A shot started puting the Canadian team down and my Country I started talking trash back.Also didn't know that you were another one of those super Bruin fans that new the Bruins were comming back against the Leafs yeah i get upset when the Bruins are loosing,and am sick and tired defending my self because I'm not a Bruin fan according to you loosers.This really isn't worth the time or effort arguing with you.

Why not delete your account?  No one will notice if you don't return.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Even Canadians think that the goaltending is a question mark.  Luongo under pressure - we've seen that.  Don't give me the Vancouver Olympics either.  He's not as good now and he has had failures since. Like him or not Carey Price has won absolutely nothing.  

Price certainly could play well.  He's just never proven it under pressure. Every goalie lets in a cheapy so that goal didn't affect my thinking.  I thought goal tending was Canada's achilles heal ever since they left Crawford off.  - So do many Canadians.  That's a fact. 

The USA has recent Stanley Cup winners in goal. Please it's not close. US goal tending has proven way, way more. ..Not that Price can't shine here.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

What the f%*$ is going on here?

I bailed on this thread as soon as it departed from hockey, because shupe (who I love) always offends me by dancing in the graves of my relatives who died in Vietnam (and defending terrorism on the US).

But then I come back 5 hours later, hoping we're back to Olympic hockey, and it's the same nonsense.

I'm a proud American, who's 2nd favorite country in the world is Canada.

Can we start a separate thread for political name calling, and stick to the Olympics here?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Oh and here is the biggest looser,anti Canadian.anti womans hockey is there anything your not against,don't really care if anyone noticed if i left or not like I have said many times not interested in joining your cult ,you have enough but kissers.Tongue Out

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

What the f%*$ is going on here?

I bailed on this thread as soon as it departed from hockey, because shupe (who I love) always offends me by dancing in the graves of my relatives who died in Vietnam (and defending terrorism on the US).

But then I come back 5 hours later, hoping we're back to Olympic hockey, and it's the same nonsense.

I'm a proud American, who's 2nd favorite country in the world is Canada.

Can we start a separate thread for political name calling, and stick to the Olympics here?

Every thread on this site turns into name calling,heck most start with it

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

We may notice the spelling errors in almost every post isn't here anymore. Like "looses" 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Even Canadians think that the goaltending is a question mark.  Luongo under pressure - we've seen that.  Don't give me the Vancouver Olympics either.  He's not as good now and he has had failures since. Like him or not Carey Price has won absolutely nothing.  

Price certainly could play well.  He's just never proven it under pressure. Every goalie lets in a cheapy so that goal didn't affect my thinking.  I thought goal tending was Canada's achilles heal ever since they left Crawford off.  - So do many Canadians.  That's a fact. 

The USA has recent Stanley Cup winners in goal. Please it's not close. US goal tending has proven way, way more. ..Not that Price can't shine here.  

I'm not saying Price is better than Quick, or Canadas goaltending is better than U.S. I just dont think that makes them weak. Canadas forwards are the best, does that mean U.S forwards are the weak link?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

I did think it was interesting that the annoucers were so surprised that Price coughed up that puck behind the net that led to a goal, because he's "so good handling the puck."

I like Price a lot, but if there's one thing I have seen him do A LOT is cough up the puck while handling it, and have it end up in the net as a weak goal.

Id take Quick first, then Price, then Miller and finally, Leaky Lou.  He's another one who's liable to give up a bad one at a bad time.

Lundqvist is one of the worst at handling the puck. He's admitted it. I dont think it makes Swedens goaltending weak. In fact, he's their strength.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm not saying Price is better than Quick, or Canadas goaltending is better than U.S. I just dont think that makes them weak. Canadas forwards are the best, does that mean U.S forwards are the weak link?

Exactly what I think.  Canada's goaltending may be weaker compared to dominance of their forwards or defensmen (maybe), but certainly not compared to everyone else's goaltending.  Price is neck and neck with everyone else's goalies.

I don't think the roster has a weak link to speak of.  Strong in all areas.  But that doesn't mean they won't have weaknesses in the games.  As always, execution will be more important than roster talent.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Exactly what I think.  Canada's goaltending may be weaker compared to dominance of their forwards or defensmen (maybe), but certainly not compared to everyone else's goaltending.  Price is neck and neck with everyone else's goalies.

I don't think the roster has a weak link to speak of.  Strong in all areas.  But that doesn't mean they won't have weaknesses in the games.  As always, execution will be more important than roster talent.  

I think whoever starts tomorrow for Canada will be the guy for the rest of the Tourney. Luongo is who i think will start and if he plays bad then Price will get his chance.So in the end it may not matter if Price is neck and neck with the rest. Maybe Babcock will put in Price tomorrow though,we'll see.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sorry, Fletcher.  Shupe and I tend to get carried away.  No harm is ever meant, as none of it is posted with malice.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I think the US weak link is considered to be their unproven defense.  The Canada's is considered to be their unproven (or in the case of Luongo untrustworthy) goal tending. At the end of this either or both of these perceived weaknesses could  be shown not to be the case.  

I'm pretty sure Canadians would dread the kind of shootout that happened today. ...and Still strike Gold.

Ha Ha

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

We may notice the spelling errors in almost every post isn't here anymore. Like "looses" 

Sorry, Fletcher.  Shupe and I tend to get carried away.  No harm is ever meant, as none of it is posted with malice.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I think whoever starts tomorrow for Canada will be the guy for the rest of the Tourney. Luongo is who i think will start and if he plays bad then Price will get his chance.So in the end it may not matter if Price is neck and neck with the rest. Maybe Babcock will put in Price tomorrow though,we'll see.

Price is in today. I actually thought Lu looked better in his game than Price, but not surprised they went with him. It just seemed to be Carey's job from the get go. So hopefully they made the right call. 

Bergeron & Benn move with Crosby

Kunitz stays in the lineup- St. Louis & PK out! Reigning Art Ross & Norris Trophy winners scratched. But, Crosby's buddy stays in. And Kunitz is also staying on the PP. I think this whole Kunitz thing is totally ridiculous! Sharp is the extra forward.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

yeah i get upset when the Bruins are loosing,and am sick and tired defending my self because I'm not a Bruin fan according to you loosers.This really isn't worth the time or effort arguing with you.

We may notice the spelling errors in almost every post isn't here anymore. Like "looses" [/QUOTE]

Especially on first dates! :naughty:

• You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Canada Finland in a few hours. 

Really looking forward to a true test for the boys in Red and White. Unfortunately we have to get to Tuukka. I don't want to see him lose, as he is a favourite of mine, but what must be, must be. No predictions here outside of a Canadian win.

Does Finland have much in the way of scoring outside of Teemu? Any team with Olli Jokinen doesn't worry me. I like Barkov. But not a lot of high end scoring there, is there. 

Juhamatti Aaltonen, Aleksander Barkov, Valtteri Filppula, Mikael Granlund, Jussi Jokinen, Olli Jokinen, Mikko Koivu, Leo Komarov, Petri Kontiola, Lauri Korpikoski, Jori Lehterä, Antti Pihlström, Tuomo Ruttu, Teemu Selänne

That was an awesome game yesterday between the US and Russia. Still think it could have gone the other way, but...

• Sections
    Shortcuts