2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

"Pancakes are on you Phil!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Trade sticks!"

-----------------------------------------

Bergeron with Crosby - about time.

Finally some coaching. Look the F out!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

That was an awesome game yesterday between the US and Russia. Still think it could have gone the other way, but...

Should have.  Russia looked like the better team and played as a team for once.

Canada better get some chemistry fast or they may not even medal.  So far it looks like USA, Sweden and Russia making the podium.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nice head fakes Tatar, you really fooled Varlamov on the shootout.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Based on what?  Two warm-up games against soft touches?

TSN pre-game story is full of this: "oh, no - with Price in net, Finland has a chance to win"; "why is player X in the lineup and not player Y?  Ridiculous - no medal if this keeps up."

I'm almost convinced it's NAS trolling when I see people here spouting the same thing.

Sweden barely got by the Swiss.  The USA went 8 rounds deep in the shootout against Russia, and won games they should have won against soft touches - Cedfano or no Cedfano.  Russia has looked unimpressive vs. the softer teams and should have won against the USA but didn't have it in them - and with WhataboutBob in net....  Canada - 1 goal against in two games against soft touches, and that because Price was half asleep.  Is the problem that they only have 9 goals for?  And people were expecting this to be like an exhibition game between the 1976 Philadelphia Flyers and the Little Sisters of the Poor? 

In 2010, Canada built toward the Final.  The two games they've played so far are tuneups - a chance to both get the 2 points and work out some kinks.  Yeah, goal differential matters but blah blah blah.  That's worrying about the cupholder when buying a car - so far down the list of priorities.  If they beat Finland, goal diff. doesn't matter much and they'll be a little more tuned up for their next game against more difficult competition.  Win or go home games, you don't gameplan to work out the kinks, you gameplan to take down the opponent - full stop.

Right now, the only team that was ever really in the running that has shown any cause for concern is the Russians and that only because they couldn't beat Quick when they needed too.  Other than that, the action to date has proven nothing other than Kessel pads his stats against weak sisters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Best part of this is the look on Kessel's face just as it loops - Brown took his stick and doesn't look like he's giving it back, and Kessel looks like he's afraid to take it back 'cause Dustin will kick his arz.

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Pancakes are on you Phil!"

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry, Fletcher.  Shupe and I tend to get carried away.  No harm is ever meant, as none of it is posted with malice.

[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Sometimes the venlafaxine just doesn't cut the mustard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Trade sticks!"

-----------------------------------------

Bergeron with Crosby - about time.

Finally some coaching. Look the F out!

[/QUOTE]

Bergeron and Benn are clicking and maybe close to being the best line. Should be nice to boost Crosby, not that he's played bad but his linemates couldn't finish.

Kunitz should not be on this team, the only reason he is are his padded stats with Crosby feeding him pucks against the Sabres and Islanders of the NHL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bergeron & Benn move with Crosby

Kunitz stays in the lineup- St. Louis & PK out! Reigning Art Ross & Norris Trophy winners scratched. But, Crosby's buddy stays in. And Kunitz is also staying on the PP. I think this whole Kunitz thing is totally ridiculous! Sharp is the extra forward.

[/QUOTE]

I would have taken out Kunitz, not St Louis.

as for the goaltending I feel better with Price.  You never know when Luongo will have a bad game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Price is in today. I actually thought Lu looked better in his game than Price, but not surprised they went with him. It just seemed to be Carey's job from the get go. So hopefully they made the right call. 

[/QUOTE]

Surprised sort of, but good for him,its not like he played bad against Norway, heres his big chance as Canada has given him the keys as its his job to lose. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Based on what?  Two warm-up games against soft touches?

TSN pre-game story is full of this: "oh, no - with Price in net, Finland has a chance to win"; "why is player X in the lineup and not player Y?  Ridiculous - no medal if this keeps up."

I'm almost convinced it's NAS trolling when I see people here spouting the same thing.

Sweden barely got by the Swiss.  The USA went 8 rounds deep in the shootout against Russia, and won games they should have won against soft touches - Cedfano or no Cedfano.  Russia has looked unimpressive vs. the softer teams and should have won against the USA but didn't have it in them - and with WhataboutBob in net....  Canada - 1 goal against in two games against soft touches, and that because Price was half asleep.  Is the problem that they only have 9 goals for?  And people were expecting this to be like an exhibition game between the 1976 Philadelphia Flyers and the Little Sisters of the Poor? 

In 2010, Canada built toward the Final.  The two games they've played so far are tuneups - a chance to both get the 2 points and work out some kinks.  Yeah, goal differential matters but blah blah blah.  That's worrying about the cupholder when buying a car - so far down the list of priorities.  If they beat Finland, goal diff. doesn't matter much and they'll be a little more tuned up for their next game against more difficult competition.  Win or go home games, you don't gameplan to work out the kinks, you gameplan to take down the opponent - full stop.

Right now, the only team that was ever really in the running that has shown any cause for concern is the Russians and that only because they couldn't beat Quick when they needed too.  Other than that, the action to date has proven nothing other than Kessel pads his stats against weak sisters.

[/QUOTE]

I think todays OT effort vs a much weaker Slovakia should be more concerning than losing to a team the are on par with. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is of course a known fact and another known fact is whichever team wins the Can/fin game will get the Russians in the QF's.This has to do with Russia having to play a qualifier game, so i guess i should change that the winning team will play Russia in the QF's if Russia wins their qualifier.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"But blah blah blah"

Way to take it home LoL

PS. It really does look Phil doesn't know what to say to Brown. I bet Pierre can't wait to interview Phil again. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Sorry Fletch, i figured the Beachcombers Navy would get it clear that NAS and i were only joking.   

onto hockey.   Team USA with a yawner.   Russia better wake up or they will be gone quickly.   Anyone seen Ovi these olympics?   Russia is lucky to be 2-1.  

As for Canada.   They listened to me and put Bergie with Sid.   Benn will thrive as well.   My guess is StL will be in.  kunitz will be out when the real games start.  Kunitz has done nothing to cement his spot.   

Finland is missing a lot.  Yeah well too bad.  We are missing one of the best players on the planet.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Gotta love the Swiss.Finished the round robin 2W-1L and had 2 gls for and 1 against.Hiller in net has been strong and could upset any team in the knockout phase,no Swiss cheese here!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gotta love the Swiss.Finished the round robin 2W-1L and had 2 gls for and 1 against.Hiller in net has been strong and could upset any team in the knockout phase,no Swiss cheese here!

[/QUOTE]

Swiss are solid.  Man they play hard.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Swiss are solid.  Man they play hard.  

[/QUOTE]

Jacques Lemaire must love watching the Swiss, quite comfortable playing with a 1 gl lead all night long.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE] As for Canada. They listened to me and put Bergie with Sid. 

We are missing one of the best players on the planet.   [/QUOTE]

The Shup hotline!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Tuukka vs Price... Looks like Canada is going to ride Carey.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Whew...deep breath...Bergeron looks Ok. Not the guy you want to take a puck off the chest plate. That did not look good. Tough as nails Bergeron!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Selanne giving diving Crosby the business LoL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Looked good on that one Tukka!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Don Cherry said it well, the big ice surface = anti-hockey.  No forecheck, just 5 guys waiting back and trapping.  So far the Vancoucer games were much better hockey.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Canada is such a mess that they have the Norris and Art Ross winners in the press box.  To win, a team is needed, not a big pile of awesome skills. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Loungo would have had that Sealed

Sections
Shortcuts