2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

Cherry need to talk to the Swiss and Fins. 

Can't fault Price on that one. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Zero confidence in Rasks ability to win a Cup.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

If he doesn't stop giving up weak goals every game I might have to agree with you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Pancakes are on you Phil!"

Your room or mine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Next round:

3:00 AM Ice Hockey Men's Ice Hockey, Qualification Match for Quarterfinal, NOR vs RUS

7:30 AM Ice Hockey Men's Ice Hockey, Qualification Match for Quarterfinal, LAT vs SUI

12:00 PM Ice Hockey Men's Ice Hockey, Qualification Match for Quarterfinal, AUT vs SLO

12:00 PM Ice Hockey Men's Ice Hockey, Qualification Match for Quarterfinal, CZE vs SVK  

USA #2 seed, Canada #3 USA would play winner of Czech Republic & Slovakia. Canada the winner of  Latvia and their friends the Swiss.

Millburys says Canadian forwards need to get thier sh-- together

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I don't get how every team continues in this format. Slovakia lost every game.

U.S.A and Canada don't get to meet in the Gold medal game this time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Slovaks deserve that 12th place ribbon. 

Saw a lot if Canadian fans complaining about Babcock's 30 second shifts. Canada being over coached.

Thoughts on that Legion ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Everyone gets in like it's set up by a bunch of soccer Moms. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

"Pancakes are on you Phil!"

Your room or mine.

"I'll give it back to Amanda tonight"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

I agree.  Olympic hockey prelim rounds are quite telling when it comes to the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Makes perfect sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bigger ice, less chances.  Stupid trap.  Anyone want bigger ice in the nhl?   Not me.  Teap, wait for one chance or pp and try and win.  That was boring.  Very boring.   

price played himself into a start against the swiss.   gotta think sweden vs russia and canada vs usa on the horizon.  

Canadas top 6 are awesome.  Our fwds have been well. Not very good.  Crosby toews better wake up.  Id tell sid you are getting bergie and stlouis.  Deal with it.

sid bergie stlouis

toews carter nash

getz perry duch

tavares sharp marleau

our top 6 def have been awesome.  Id sit both extra fwds and def

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to croc's comment:

Next round:

3:00 AM Ice Hockey Men's Ice Hockey, Qualification Match for Quarterfinal, NOR vs RUS

7:30 AM Ice Hockey Men's Ice Hockey, Qualification Match for Quarterfinal, LAT vs SUI

12:00 PM Ice Hockey Men's Ice Hockey, Qualification Match for Quarterfinal, AUT vs SLO

12:00 PM Ice Hockey Men's Ice Hockey, Qualification Match for Quarterfinal, CZE vs SVK  

USA #2 seed, Canada #3 USA would play winner of Czech Republic & Slovakia. Canada the winner of  Latvia and their friends the Swiss.

Millburys says Canadian forwards need to get thier sh-- together

Milbury is as big of an idiot as healy.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Isn't the reason they use 4 skaters in NHL OT because it creates more space, thus more offense? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I'll take NHL playoff hockey any day,seems way more intense.Watching all star teams is ok and skill level is good but not much hitting or ill will.Maybe knockout games will be better but still prefer watching B's hockey. NHL playoff hockey has the rivalries built up over time to let the hatred simmer.Next up Canada vs Swiss, yawn.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The most excited i got during the Canadian game was when Healy's microphone malfunctioned and he was silent for half a period,music to my ears.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I'll take NHL playoff hockey any day,seems way more intense.Watching all star teams is ok and skill level is good but not much hitting or ill will.Maybe knockout games will be better but still prefer watching B's hockey. NHL playoff hockey has the rivalries built up over time to let the hatred simmer.Next up Canada vs Swiss, yawn.

Nothing beats Stanley Cup action.  The USA/Russia game had hard hitting.  You can bet if Canada and US play in the semi's there will be hard hitting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

The most excited i got during the Canadian game was when Healy's microphone malfunctioned and he was silent for half a period,music to my ears.

No one wanted that mic turned back on.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Nothing beats Stanley Cup action.  The USA/Russia game had hard hitting.  You can bet if Canada and US play in the semi's there will be hard hitting.

100% agree, although USA/Russia,USA/Canada or Canada/Russia could be good games.Give me B's/Scabs or Pitt/Philly in the playoffs anyday and thats just two examples.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

OT vs. the Finnish?

Bad news for Team Canada.

Yet the USA offense continues to roll. 

Looks like another Olympics away from North America that Team Canada won't earn a Gold.

No one wanted that mic turned back on.

I was very dissappointed when they got it working,it was bad enough listening to Simpson.

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

OT vs. the Finnish?

Looks like another Olympics away from North America that Team Canada won't earn a Gold.

USA needed a shootout to beat the Russkies?!? The Russkies needed a shootout to beat Slovakia,who didn't win a game.No gold for the USA i'm afraid.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Based on what?  Two warm-up games against soft touches?

TSN pre-game story is full of this: "oh, no - with Price in net, Finland has a chance to win"; "why is player X in the lineup and not player Y?  Ridiculous - no medal if this keeps up."

I'm almost convinced it's NAS trolling when I see people here spouting the same thing.

Sweden barely got by the Swiss.  The USA went 8 rounds deep in the shootout against Russia, and won games they should have won against soft touches - Cedfano or no Cedfano.  Russia has looked unimpressive vs. the softer teams and should have won against the USA but didn't have it in them - and with WhataboutBob in net....  Canada - 1 goal against in two games against soft touches, and that because Price was half asleep.  Is the problem that they only have 9 goals for?  And people were expecting this to be like an exhibition game between the 1976 Philadelphia Flyers and the Little Sisters of the Poor? 

In 2010, Canada built toward the Final.  The two games they've played so far are tuneups - a chance to both get the 2 points and work out some kinks.  Yeah, goal differential matters but blah blah blah.  That's worrying about the cupholder when buying a car - so far down the list of priorities.  If they beat Finland, goal diff. doesn't matter much and they'll be a little more tuned up for their next game against more difficult competition.  Win or go home games, you don't gameplan to work out the kinks, you gameplan to take down the opponent - full stop.

Right now, the only team that was ever really in the running that has shown any cause for concern is the Russians and that only because they couldn't beat Quick when they needed too.  Other than that, the action to date has proven nothing other than Kessel pads his stats against weak sisters.

I think todays OT effort vs a much weaker Slovakia should be more concerning than losing to a team the are on par with. 

Gotta love the Slovkian thought process with a little kick to the beak regarding the NHL level of goaltending.

Halak -- Gets lit up vs USA then Budaj no better in relief

Halak gets upset by Slovenia

Game 3 vs Russia --  Coach Vujtek says NAH -- we'll just use our own guy. Laco does an impressive job until the dredded shootout.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Finland vs Canada today -- talk about letting them play.

Benn crosscheck late in the game goes unnoticed but the retaliation boarding Benn took soon after was brutal. How did he get up from that one? This is why most general managers must hate the Olympics. Jim Nill's heart must have skipped a few beats on that one. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

OT vs. the Finnish?

Price should have cheated like Quick and kicked the net off.  Russia deserved that win.  

• Sections
    Shortcuts