2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Where has this thing called "exciting hockey" been?  I've seen good teams both snoozing and dominating second tier teams; I've seen one real game in which the most notable part was one guy doing a breakaway drill; I've seen Finland, supposedly a potential medal team, make no effort to generate offense (15 shots?  Really?) because they were so busy clogging the space between the dots.  They had six goalies.

Wake me up for either USA v Canada or the gold medal game.  Whichever comes first.

[/QUOTE]

even at that, it's one game , not the best way to see whom the best is espeically if you go into a shoot out. 

4 out of 7 series is the best way to determine this , that's why NHL playoffs have been much better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Where has this thing called "exciting hockey" been?  I've seen good teams both snoozing and dominating second tier teams; I've seen one real game in which the most notable part was one guy doing a breakaway drill; I've seen Finland, supposedly a potential medal team, make no effort to generate offense (15 shots?  Really?) because they were so busy clogging the space between the dots.  They had six goalies.

Wake me up for either USA v Canada or the gold medal game.  Whichever comes first.

[/QUOTE]

I thought russia usa was a good game.   But when you look at it closer.  Why is russia trapping?   I think the physical play is missing.  I think exciting hockey is missing.   Ovi malkin crosby all pretty much invisible.   I think they should play in the old boston garden.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I dont think i said they were suspect.   I think they are awesome.   where are you going with this anyway.  You are the bad boogieman no one wants a visit from.   

i wasnt sure what to expect from hamhuis or jbo and i think they have been ok.   Vlasic really has impressed me.   Keith, drew, shea, alex i knew what we were getting.  When you can throw those 4 out you are sitting pretty.  As for the goaltending i believe in both guys.  I dont have that comfy warm feeling with loungo.   But i do with Price.  

I dont recall anyone calling the defense suspect prior to the beginning.   Maybe San.  But i think that had more to do with how their defense stacked up.  

[/QUOTE]

Be afraid of a visit from the boogeyman ( me ).......or be afraid of the reading skills of the RCMP ? 

The latter is my answer. I know you were not singled out as the one who said this........just by re-reading my post.

"How their defense stacked up" ? If that was the premise of the comment .......what is that supposed to mean ? Talent ? Who they play with ? Top pairings ? Bottom pairings ? Can they skate ? Hit ? Provide offense ? Play solid defence ? etc. etc etc.

Does it matter ? Canada has some of the best defencemen in the NHL playing for them. Maybe the best group of all countries.

It stacks up right at the top with the rest of the countries no matter what questions are asked about them.

Suspect , it is not.

P.S. No need to say the obvious about the " suspect defense" comments. I understand. For some, post counts ( and who they are ) seems to dictate how some reply.

This is you.

And for those who think that Canada's defensive corp is suspect I am open to listening to anyone. I will give my reasoning and why I think it's a silly statement. The boogeyman with his chowda..ish mentality awaits.

This is me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought russia usa was a good game.   But when you look at it closer.  Why is russia trapping?   I think the physical play is missing.  I think exciting hockey is missing.   Ovi malkin crosby all pretty much invisible.   I think they should play in the old boston garden.  

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  The audio feed of the crowd has been terrible.  You could barely hear them during the USA vs Russia game.  It's either the mic's or the building.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Anyone who puts the Finns loss on Rask either is a hater or never watched the game. Get your head out of the sand. Rask is the only reason it went to OT.

[/QUOTE]

First off I agree he played great but what good are all those saves before the last shot on net ? Canada was the better team but it wasn't total domination, the Finn D played pretty good considering and keeping the Canadians on the outside. Let's be honest it was a soft goal.  Someone here once said it's his job to save the (that) puck.

Let's not forget Price's save in OT on Salo,  he might not have been veruy busy but that save he made in OT was as important as Doughty's winning goal.

I'm happy the Bruins have Rask , we as fans should be lucky to have had Thomas and now Rask tend goal for the Bruins.  As fans , like Bim, he's allowed to critic if he feels it was a soft goal. It doesn't make him less knowledgeable about hockey.

[/QUOTE]

President of the goalie's union here.

Rask needs that save! No excuses, doesn't matter what he did up to that point when he allows that kind of goal. This type of goal/goals is my exact arguement in another thread with regards to St. Louis' goaltending. This was a game that Rask lost. The Fins held arguably the best team on the planet to a little over a handful of great scoring chances & Rask was great up until that game winner. This is why goaltending is so important in these tournaments. There's no margin for error when it comes to that position. You can't defend that kind of goaltending. As you mention above Legion; that save Price made was the difference. He wasn't as busy as Rask, but in the end he outplayed Tuukka. Last yr in game 7 against the Leafs in OT. Rask was the difference when he robbed Lupul on his onetimer minutes before Bergeron ended it. He allowed 4 goals in that game, but that's what great goalie's do. Thomas-game 3 against the Habs...The B's were up 3-0 & then Timmy allows those 2 back to back stinkers, but the difference was he wouldn't allow that 3rd & made 2 or 3 ten bell saves after that. Nobody is saying because you allow a bad goal means you're a bad goalie. It's how often, when & how many you allow in crucial situations that helps to determine what type of goalie you are. Those that are saying Rask isn't an elite, because he allowed this goal hasn't watched & appreciated what he's shown in the overall picture throughout his career. But, those that are defending him & saying this loss wasn't his fault have blinders on. Brutal goal to give up!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think that's two different things, Legion.  Who's the best vs. who plays the best on the day that it matters.  One of the big reasons people love the Olympics and talk about it as the most exciting hockey is precisely the fact that there's no margin for error - no room for a bad game, every game from here on in is game 7 etc..  Just brings it back to my original point, I guess.  All the rhetoric about how great Olympic hockey is feels awfully rhetorical right now.

Re: hitting - I agree the reason you don't see many hits is that there's no good reason to get drawn into a puck battle on the boards if it means giving up the house.  So - fine - but there are a lot of guys out there dipsy doodling and over-handling the puck and I haven't seen one guy make them pay for it.  Watching the Doughty highlights in game yesterday, he looked like a coach of a tyke team showing the kids why you don't watch the puck.  Stick check attempt after stick check attempt almost like watching (gasp) soccer they were so carefully avoiding body contact.

Now, yeah, Doughty's a great, nimble player with very good hands, so it's not like the only reason no one puts a body on him is because they aren't trying to - but it also looks like no one is trying to.  Yeee-aaaawn

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont think i said they were suspect.   I think they are awesome.   where are you going with this anyway.  You are the bad boogieman no one wants a visit from.   

i wasnt sure what to expect from hamhuis or jbo and i think they have been ok.   Vlasic really has impressed me.   Keith, drew, shea, alex i knew what we were getting.  When you can throw those 4 out you are sitting pretty.  As for the goaltending i believe in both guys.  I dont have that comfy warm feeling with loungo.   But i do with Price.  

I dont recall anyone calling the defense suspect prior to the beginning.   Maybe San.  But i think that had more to do with how their defense stacked up.  

[/QUOTE]

Be afraid of a visit from the boogeyman ( me ).......or be afraid of the reading skills of the RCMP ? 

The latter is my answer. I know you were not singled out as the one who said this........just by re-reading my post.

"How their defense stacked up" ? If that was the premise of the comment .......what is that supposed to mean ? Talent ? Who they play with ? Top pairings ? Bottom pairings ? Can they skate ? Hit ? Provide offense ? Play solid defence ? etc. etc etc.

Does it matter ? Canada has some of the best defencemen in the NHL playing for them. Maybe the best group of all countries.

It stacks up right at the top with the rest of the countries no matter what questions are asked about them.

Suspect , it is not.

P.S. No need to say the obvious about the " suspect defense" comments. I understand. For some, post counts ( and who they are ) seems to dictate how some reply.

This is you.

And for those who think that Canada's defensive corp is suspect I am open to listening to anyone. I will give my reasoning and why I think it's a silly statement. The boogeyman with his chowda..ish mentality awaits.

This is me.

[/QUOTE]

Do i have to play this backwards to understand it?   

I will write in crayon that i love Canadas defense.  I wish Seabrook was there though.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If you think Healy is bad.  Go listen to Cassie Campbell doing womens game.   Painful.   Talking about how hard their shots are is making me laugh.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I think that's two different things, Legion.  Who's the best vs. who plays the best on the day that it matters.  One of the big reasons people love the Olympics and talk about it as the most exciting hockey is precisely the fact that there's no margin for error - no room for a bad game, every game from here on in is game 7 etc..  Just brings it back to my original point, I guess.  All the rhetoric about how great Olympic hockey is feels awfully rhetorical right now.

Re: hitting - I agree the reason you don't see many hits is that there's no good reason to get drawn into a puck battle on the boards if it means giving up the house.  So - fine - but there are a lot of guys out there dipsy doodling and over-handling the puck and I haven't seen one guy make them pay for it.  Watching the Doughty highlights in game yesterday, he looked like a coach of a tyke team showing the kids why you don't watch the puck.  Stick check attempt after stick check attempt almost like watching (gasp) soccer they were so carefully avoiding body contact.

Now, yeah, Doughty's a great, nimble player with very good hands, so it's not like the only reason no one puts a body on him is because they aren't trying to - but it also looks like no one is trying to.  Yeee-aaaawn

Of course it is.

Ice surface is a big reason it's dull, that leads to the 1-3-1 systems.  Yes it's soccer-like.

3 of the 4 goals in the supposed best game of the Olympics 3 out of the 4 goals were on Powerplays.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

If you think Healy is bad.  Go listen to Cassie Campbell doing womens game.   Painful.   Talking about how hard their shots are is making me laugh.  

[/QUOTE]

misogynistic

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE]

I also dont think the Swiss will do anything against our defense which is simply amazing.  [/QUOTE]

"Simply amazing" seems like a reasonable description for that D-corps. They are a collection of Norris trophy finalists and cornerstone defencemen for their NHL franchises.

The most of these types from any nation participating. 

Just wondering..........before the tourney, on this forum, I read the opinion of Canada's Olympic defence being descibed as "suspect".

What is your opinion about this pre-Olympic description of the D-corps ? [/QUOTE]

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/olympic-roster-projected-lineups/100/6942257?page=2

Who could it have been I wonder ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[/QUOTE]

They lost that game because of Rask.    [/QUOTE]

They made it to OT because of Rask. [/QUOTE]

Only way I looked any critique of Rask's performance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No way she's worse than Healy,maybe worse than McGuire,but Healy is the all time champ of obnoxious announcers. He's the Wayne Gretzky of bad color men.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Just wondering..........before the tourney, on this forum, I read the opinion of Canada's Olympic defence being descibed as "suspect".

What is your opinion about this pre-Olympic description of the D-corps ?

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/olympic-roster-projected-lineups/100/6942257?page=2

Who could it have been I wonder ?

[/QUOTE]

LMAO.... bad doggy, bad doggy

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No way she's worse than Healy,maybe worse than McGuire,but Healy is the all time champ of obnoxious announcers. He's the Wayne Gretzky of bad color men.

[/QUOTE]

Shes talking like they are physical animals.   Im betting the entire team cant hit the glass from the blueline.   But they are taking their lives in their own hand blocking those shots.   Bergie took a Weber one timer.  Didnt miss a shift.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shes talking like they are physical animals.   Im betting the entire team cant hit the glass from the blueline.   But they are taking their lives in their own hand blocking those shots.   Bergie took a Weber one timer.  Didnt miss a shift.   

[/QUOTE]

There likely is more hitting in the womens hockey from what i've seen so far in the mens competition.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

Im betting the entire team cant hit the glass from the blueline.  

[/QUOTE]

I bet they do. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Im betting the entire team cant hit the glass from the blueline.  

[/QUOTE]

I bet they do. 

[/QUOTE]

How can we get them to do this for us.   We need this bet answered.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:[QUOTE] Just wondering..........before the tourney, on this forum, I read the opinion of Canada's Olympic defence being descibed as "suspect".

What is your opinion about this pre-Olympic description of the D-corps ? [/QUOTE]

Who could it have been I wonder ? [/QUOTE]

LMAO.... bad doggy, bad doggy [/QUOTE]

I guess by me stating that picking Canada's team was difficult meant that I thought the defense was "suspect".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:[QUOTE] Just wondering..........before the tourney, on this forum, I read the opinion of Canada's Olympic defence being descibed as "suspect".

I guess by me stating that picking Canada's team was difficult meant that I thought the defense was "suspect".

[/QUOTE]

You just invited thunder and lightning(chowda n steve) to invade this thread.   Power point presentation to follow.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

I guess by me stating that picking Canada's team was difficult meant that I thought the defense was "suspect". [/QUOTE]

You just invited thunder and lightning(chowda n steve) to invade this thread.   Power point presentation to follow.   [/QUOTE]

There's nothing like being powerpointed to death with intense patriotism.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

I guess by me stating that picking Canada's team was difficult meant that I thought the defense was "suspect". [/QUOTE]

You just invited thunder and lightning(chowda n steve) to invade this thread.   Power point presentation to follow.   [/QUOTE]

There's nothing like being powerpointed to death with intense patriotism.

[/QUOTE]

You were warned.   I pray for you my friend.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I will write in crayon that i love Canadas defense.  I wish Seabrook was there though.  

[/QUOTE]

In crayon and spelled out for you to comprehend better

N...o....t        o....n....c.....e         d...i...d        I       t.......h.........i.......n........k       y....o....u      d....i....d...n'...t     l...i.....k....e...    C......a.....n......a....d......a'.........s       d.........e........f.......e.....n.......s.......e.        W.......e              h.......o....l.....d        t......h......e          s.......a......m......e      t.......h........o.........u........g.......h.....t.......s.

T..........h.........e           c.........o..........m........m.........e........n.........t......s      I           m.......a.........d............e             w...........e.............r...........e      g...........e............n..............e........r........a...........l        c............o............m...........m..........e...........n.......t........s               m......a.........d........e      a........b........o......u.....t                   t...........h..........e           p..........o.......s...........t........e......r                    w............h.......o                 m..........a.......d.......e           t............h........e       "s.......u.........s.......p.........e....c.......t        d........e......f.........e.........n.........c.....e "       p.......o......s..........t. 

S............H............E.............E...........S...........H ...............!      

T..........a........l........k              a..........b...........o........u........t                h.........a........v.......i......n........g         t.........o             s..........p..........e.........l..........l        i....t       o..........u......t       f.......o........r          s..........o..........m.............e             p..........e...........o..........p..........l..........e.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

You were warned.   I pray for you my friend.  

[/QUOTE]

Forget the warning and prayer.

Just blow him a kiss.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In crayon and spelled out for you to comprehend better

N...o....t        o....n....c.....e         d...i...d        I       t.......h.........i.......n........k       y....o....u      d....i....d...n'...t     l...i.....k....e...    C......a.....n......a....d......a'.........s       d.........e........f.......e.....n.......s.......e.        W.......e              h.......o....l.....d        t......h......e          s.......a......m......e      t.......h........o.........u........g.......h.....t.......s.

T..........h.........e           c.........o..........m........m.........e........n.........t......s      I           m.......a.........d............e             w...........e.............r...........e      g...........e............n..............e........r........a...........l        c............o............m...........m..........e...........n.......t........s               m......a.........d........e      a........b........o......u.....t                   t...........h..........e           p..........o.......s...........t........e......r                    w............h.......o                 m..........a.......d.......e           t............h........e       "s.......u.........s.......p.........e....c.......t        d........e......f.........e.........n.........c.....e "       p.......o......s..........t. 

S............H............E.............E...........S...........H ...............!      

T..........a........l........k              a..........b...........o........u........t                h.........a........v.......i......n........g         t.........o             s..........p..........e.........l..........l        i....t       o..........u......t       f.......o........r          s..........o..........m.............e             p..........e...........o..........p..........l..........e.

[/QUOTE]

Its hard to tell when you are asking(telling) something or when you are telling something.  I appreciated the yellow.  Can you make a ball bounce over top of each word.