2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have no reason to lie to you or anybody else. You asked; I told you what I saw. I have nothing to gain by saying I saw them do this. No money in it, no big deal. You don't wanna believe me. No sweat of my balls. 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe a little,after all you did say you were 5'7",280 lbs. Sealed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

At the Father David Bauer arena in Nov, 2009. Saw them all shooting, and they all hit the glass from the blueline. I played against Wickenheiser in a shinny game once & she can hammer it for a female.

and I saw a young lady that dind't make the Canadians women team and she was pretty good, had a good snap shot and a wicked wrister.  That's why I challenged that RCMP guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I have no reason to lie to you or anybody else. You asked; I told you what I saw. I have nothing to gain by saying I saw them do this. No money in it, no big deal. You don't wanna believe me. No sweat of my balls. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WHAT! Did I type 280???? LOL if I did that was a typo! If I didn't & you're being a dichead fawk you! lol I wouldn't be playing hockey if I weighed 280! I'd be working on slogans like..."Save the Whales...Harpoon a nitemare!" 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WHAT! Did I type 280???? LOL if I did that was a typo! If I didn't & you're being a dichead fawk you! lol I wouldn't be playing hockey if I weighed 280! I'd be working on slogans like..."Save the Whales...Harpoon a nitemare!" 

[/QUOTE]

LOL,i think on recollection it was 220lbs? Anyway my eyesight's not what it used to be .Hey Roman Cechmanek played goal and he must have been 280!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Jesus, it's not exactly a hard shot. I can do it and every single one of them is a better player than I am.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

From last July I said Canada's defense would be suspect with Letang thats correct and then I picked a updated defense core without Letang and stated it was hard to pick.

Yes you did.

And..........still a WEIRD comment.........whether one player (LeTang) was on Canada's dcorp or not they are deep and not even close to being suspect. [/QUOTE]

My opinion of Letang in Canada's Sochi lineup during July or February still stands. It is my opinion not "In fact". You certainly don't know the difference between the two.

What is "In Fact" is my projected Canada Defensman lineup, from my thread, was correct. I think it bothered you that an American hockey fan could project a Canadian Olympic lineup (with or without Letang). I asked you to participate in a fun thread to get posters opinions but you refused. Shup, was spot on with his reason why you wouldn't participate. Instead you try to hold me to a statement from July.

Calling me weird or anybody else on BDC, including Pauly, after your crayon extravaganza this morning is well....priceless.

PS. Here's another opinion. If Letang were to clean up his defensive zone mistakes and gaffes after he comes back from his injuries - he would be in my top 10 of all current NHL defenseman.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

The hardest part of discussing the OT goal is that I have yet to find a place to see it again - watched in a bar, didn't PVR, and now can't look to see if it was simply a clean beat or if it changed direction. 

The best goalies in the world still give up a few bad goals at bad times.  Marty Brodeur had a whole offseason to brood over two weak goals in the dying minutes of a game and a series that looked for all the world to be in hand. Patrick Roy had some great playoff moments, but will anyone ever forget his crazy attempts to play defense after giving up a couple of weak goals in a Cup clinching game?

Infiniti cable has every mens' and women's Ice hockey game on On-Demand from the whole Olympics.  Not sure on other cable companies....It was a goal that should have been stopped. I rewatched that,  the non-goal in the Russia/USA game and other plays many times. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE] The hardest part of discussing the OT goal is that I have yet to find a place to see it again - watched in a bar, didn't PVR, and now can't look to see if it was simply a clean beat or if it changed direction. [/QUOTE]

Staal's goal was tipped by a Jersey d-man.The game winner.The goal that beat Tuukka in OT was not tipped,beat him low under his left pad. [/QUOTE]

So a bad goal or Doughty being Doughty ?

PS. Thomas would have had the save. Feel better Nite ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Tuukka handles that 99 times out of 100 too. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"All four games will be played Tuesday. Each play-in winner will face off against one of the top-four seeds – Sweden, the United States, Canada and Finland – in the quarterfinal round Wednesday.

Russia, the host country and No. 5 seed, will play No. 12 Norway at 7:30 a.m. ET at Bolshoy Ice Dome. The winner will advance to play No. 4 Finland at 7:30 a.m. ET on Wednesday.

No. 6 Switzerland will play No. 11 Latvia at noon ET at Bolshoy Ice Dome. The winner will move on to face No. 3 Canada at noon ET on Wednesday.

No. 7 Czech Republic will play No. 10 Slovakia at noon ET at Shayba Arena, with the winner advancing to play No. 2 United States on Wednesday (noon ET, NBCSN).

No. 8 Slovenia will play No. 9 Austria at 3 a.m. ET at Bolshoy Ice Dome. The winner will play top-seeded Sweden at 3 a.m. ET on Wednesday."

Finally some freakin games I don't have to wake up before the Roosters do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I saw the whole woman's 2010 olympic team hit the glass, from the blue line, without it being a knuckle puck. Even the goalie's did it. Does that count?

[/QUOTE]

You saw this when?   Did they know i was gonna ask this question.   i dont think they all can.   

[/QUOTE]

..t....h......e     w....o......m....e....n..'s      2......0......1....0     o....... l.......y.....m.....p....i.....c      t......e......a......m.

[/QUOTE]

2010 narrows it down.  When is more like date, time and place for me as i am calling bluff.  I highly doubt they lined up and did a hit the glass from the blueline drill.  

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So they lined up across the blueline and played hit the glass.  

Terese Brisson skated with us (UNB) during the 95 season.  She was in crazy good shape but couldnt break an egg with her shot.  It was sorta hard but low.   We also had leslie redden play a full year as our backup and there is zero chance she could hit the glass.  poor girl took a lot of shots off the melon though.  

I believe you.  but i find it hard to believe considering what i saw on a daily basis for a month.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Brad Meier better get out of Dodge,the Russkies could be getting low on soap!

http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2014/icehockey/story/_/id/10471083/russian-hockey-fans-protest-disallowed-goal-united-states 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

The hardest part of discussing the OT goal is that I have yet to find a place to see it again - watched in a bar, didn't PVR, and now can't look to see if it was simply a clean beat or if it changed direction. 

[/QUOTE]

According to Haggerty the puck got deflected or changed direction on its way to the net,take it for what its worth but i didn't think it hit anything,just went under Tuukka's pad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE] The hardest part of discussing the OT goal is that I have yet to find a place to see it again - watched in a bar, didn't PVR, and now can't look to see if it was simply a clean beat or if it changed direction. [/QUOTE]

Staal's goal was tipped by a Jersey d-man.The game winner.The goal that beat Tuukka in OT was not tipped,beat him low under his left pad. [/QUOTE]

So a bad goal or Doughty being Doughty ?

PS. Thomas would have had the save. Feel better Nite ?

[/QUOTE]

Lol! Awww dawg that's why u rock! Nice come back! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL,i think on recollection it was 220lbs? Anyway my eyesight's not what it used to be .Hey Roman Cechmanek played goal and he must have been 280!!

[/QUOTE]
    Even 220 is a typo. Right now I weigh 190, but on a diet to get to 170. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I saw the whole woman's 2010 olympic team hit the glass, from the blue line, without it being a knuckle puck. Even the goalie's did it. Does that count?

[/QUOTE]

You saw this when?   Did they know i was gonna ask this question.   i dont think they all can.   

[/QUOTE]

..t....h......e     w....o......m....e....n..'s      2......0......1....0     o....... l.......y.....m.....p....i.....c      t......e......a......m.

[/QUOTE]

2010 narrows it down.  When is more like date, time and place for me as i am calling bluff.  I highly doubt they lined up and did a hit the glass from the blueline drill.  

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Terese Brisson skated with us (UNB) during the 95 season.  She was in crazy good shape but couldnt break an egg with her shot.  It was sorta hard but low.   We also had leslie redden play a full year as our backup and there is zero chance she could hit the glass.  poor girl took a lot of shots off the melon though.  

I believe you.  but i find it hard to believe considering what i saw on a daily basis for a month.  

[/QUOTE]

No Shupe. They didn't line up to hit the glass. They did what almost every teenager to adult that plays hockey does when they first go out on the ice. They fire pucks at the open net from all different areas. They took long shots and short shots. Some of the woman even fired from the opposing blue line and hit the glass at the far end. 

But, here's something I'd like to ask if you can do. I've made numerous bets with new teammates on this and have yet to have anyone win it. I had a guy that I played high school hockey with. And he could hit the glass at the other end of the rink with a slapshot from the goal/icing line. And he could do it on average 7-10. Can you? Now before you answer, think about it, because it's not as easy as it sounds.He could do it from a stand still. I've had teammates try to do it with skating start and they still couldn't. So far I seen 5 other guys do it  but it was a one and done type thing. Nobody since my high school buddy could do it consistently.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

But, here's something I'd like to ask if you can do. I've made numerous bets with new teammates on this and have yet to have anyone win it. I had a guy that I played high school hockey with. And he could hit the glass at the other end of the rink with a slapshot from the goal/icing line. And he could do it on average 7-10. Can you? Now before you answer, think about it, because it's not as easy as it sounds.He could do it from a stand still. I've had teammates try to do it with skating start and they still couldn't. So far I seen 5 other guys do it  but it was a one and done type thing. Nobody since my high school buddy could do it consistently.  

[/QUOTE]

I saw Byfuglien do it killing a penalty when he played in the WHL,couldn't believe it then and will never forget it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

According to Haggerty the puck got deflected or changed direction on its way to the net,take it for what its worth but i didn't think it hit anything,just went under Tuukka's pad.

[/QUOTE]

From the original and the replays, I think it beat him cleanly. A hundredth of a second later, his pad is down and no goal. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

From the original and the replays, I think it beat him cleanly. A hundredth of a second later, his pad is down and no goal. 

[/QUOTE]

His pad position was almost indentical when JVR beat him in game 7 in 2010 just opposite legs. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtCQRj88B-c (FF to 2:15)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nGSqVMYJEc

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Jesus, it's not exactly a hard shot. I can do it and every single one of them is a better player than I am.

Not so sure about Kunitz here...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No Shupe. They didn't line up to hit the glass. They did what almost every teenager to adult that plays hockey does when they first go out on the ice. They fire pucks at the open net from all different areas. They took long shots and short shots. Some of the woman even fired from the opposing blue line and hit the glass at the far end. 

[/QUOTE]

You know its easier to do a wrist shot bc there is more control.   Wrist shot yes.  Slap shot no.  It takes a lot of energy to raise a slap shot.  And the wrist shot it would be hard to get 7 outta 10 but id stand a better chance then with a slap shot.  I can raise a slap shot no problem but playing defense its natural for me to keep it low.  Your high school buddy must have had a lazer.  Especially standing still.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not so sure about Kunitz Rob Zamuner Sidney's Binky here...

[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

If Babcock keeps the lines he used against Finland, there is no earthly reason for Kunitz to play St. Louis sits.  Or Subban.  Put Subban in on the 4th line wing spot and see what happens.

Or, you know what, someone go all Nancy Kerrigan on Kunitz and fly over Shawn Thornton.  Upgrade! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

My opinion of Letang in Canada's Sochi lineup during July or February still stands. It is my opinion not "In fact". You certainly don't know the difference between the two.

What is "In Fact" is my projected Canada Defensman lineup, from my thread, was correct. I think it bothered you that an American hockey fan could project a Canadian Olympic lineup (with or without Letang). I asked you to participate in a fun thread to get posters opinions but you refused. Shup, was spot on with his reason why you wouldn't participate. Instead you try to hold me to a statement from July.

Calling me weird or anybody else on BDC, including Pauly, after your crayon extravaganza this morning is well....priceless.

PS. Here's another opinion. If Letang were to clean up his defensive zone mistakes and gaffes after he comes back from his injuries - he would be in my top 10 of all current NHL defenseman.

[/QUOTE]

I don't about all this mumble jumble ^^^^^^^ but let's examine the opinion "suspect defence" which is the only opinion that's under scrutiny by me (no matter when it was said. Didn't know that there was a time frame for pointing out ridiculous thoughts and considering we are now watching Olympic hockey).

Disclaimer: Power point presentation to follow ..........the following logic might get complicated for some .

Observation :

The phrase given " suspect defence"  with/without Letang..........nothing else.

Without Letang

1) It's already been agreed upon that the current defence without him is not suspect. No arguements from anyone there.

With Letang on the Olympic roster

1) As the 8th defenceman. This does not effect the defence at all as he would be sitting in the stands.

2) As the 7th defenceman. Minimal playing time. If he doesn't play well he stays on the bench. 

3) As a top 6 defenceman. This would indicate he has worked his way up the ladder on the depth chart because of solid play. 

4) The inclusion of one questionable defenceman ( in your opinion Letang ) does not change the fact Canada has the amazing talents of the other seven.

Conclusion : 

Letang's inclusion/exclusion had no validity at all for term "suspect defence " being used whether it was now or then.

It is the deepest and most talented defence in the Olympics with no "suspect" thinking involved.

Saying that type of thinking is WEIRD seems to be appropriate considering the chowda..ish logic I have given.

P.S. A TLDR post which is making someone in the Ottawa area smile.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Norway doing the trappy trappy shake. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I hate radulov.   Hes not matt cooke hate.  But hes borderline.  I even hate the way he looks.  

Sections
Shortcuts