2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

According to Haggerty the puck got deflected or changed direction on its way to the net,take it for what its worth but i didn't think it hit anything,just went under Tuukka's pad.

Haggerty also gave a black eye to players that had nothing to do with the game losing goal while praising the player that did..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate radulov.   Hes not matt cooke hate.  But hes borderline.  I even hate the way he looks.  

[/QUOTE]

Hey Shupe, Eddy O. just said Radulov was the complete package.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Well the russia norway beer league game is almost over.  What a yawner.  

PS. San you jinxed ovi. He played like cra p in game one and had a couple meaningless pts and hasnt hit the score sheet since.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I hate radulov.   Hes not matt cooke hate.  But hes borderline.  I even hate the way he looks.  

[/QUOTE]

Hey Shupe, Eddy O. just said Radulov was the complete package.

[/QUOTE]

Haha.  He sure is a complete something.  I wouldnt want him anywhere near the team i cheer for.   Banks one off the norway player and acts like he won the cup.  Idiot.  I cant wait for Russia to get knocked out.   Finland is gonna give them fits.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

P.S. A TLDR post which is making someone in the Ottawa area smile.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a real d!ck.

For the record, my take on San's "suspect" comment from the first?  American trying to get a rise out of Canadians.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

P.S. A TLDR post which is making someone in the Ottawa area smile.

Sounds like a real d!ck.

For the record, my take on San's "suspect" comment from the first?  American trying to get a rise out of Canadians.

[/QUOTE]

I think San was also comparing the American defense in comparison.  American defense is really really good.  Not as good as Canadas.  But mcdonagh and suter are very impressive.  

I also think canada should have took lucic richards marchand Over kunitz sharp Stlouis.  Canada doesnt have a lot of emotion.  Backes, brown callahan offer something canada doesnt have.  In a tourny like this i think a guy like Marchand would shine.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Don't know about Lucic based on what I've seen.  Maybe.  If you agree with Grapes that the way to play teams like Finland who play 5 back all game every game is to dump it in and forecheck, then yes, it would surely be fun to watch some of those non-NHL defenseman start thinking about how to make the play without getting creamed by the Fat train.  But Fat's biggest weakness is that he goes to sleep if there's not a chance to play physical hockey, and, well....  Also not sure about Richards.  That was Cherry's other suggestion - bring pluggers who are used to playing short minutes and making strong contributions.  Not sure if Richards meets the criteria, but if you were going with an emotion/crash line, then sure.

Marchand, the way he was playing in December and January, is exactly what Canada could use.  Another guy who can break down the box and 1 and get inside.  Perry's done it a few times but hasn't been able to finish. And Marchand loves the big stage - though whether his game would be as effective if no one's chasing him is another story.

Hindsight (or high-sight as I originally typed it...which makes me wonder where dez is...): drop Marleau (zzzzz), Sidney's Binky, and...maybe Sharp?  Go with a Rat Line of Marchand-Richards-Giroux.  I now wish they'd done this just because that would be a great line to watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The guy is a cancer.   Takes dumb penalties and puts his team in trouble (see US-Russia) . He does the sword celebration on a cheap goal ???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to Haggerty the puck got deflected or changed direction on its way to the net,take it for what its worth but i didn't think it hit anything,just went under Tuukka's pad.

[/QUOTE]

Haggerty also gave a black eye to players that had nothing to do with the game losing goal while praising the player that did..

[/QUOTE]

To his defense Haggerty tweeted it might have touched someone on the way to the net but that was seconds after the goal.  I'm sure he he saw the replay it didn't touch anyone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[/QUOTE]

I think San was also comparing the American defense in comparison.  American defense is really really good.  Not as good as Canadas.  But mcdonagh and suter are very impressive.  

I also think canada should have took lucic richards marchand Over kunitz sharp Stlouis.  Canada doesnt have a lot of emotion.  Backes, brown callahan offer something canada doesnt have.  In a tourny like this i think a guy like Marchand would shine.  

[/QUOTE]

That's my only knock on Canada , guys that can hit and get under your skin. I was thinking the exact thing the other day; If Marchand was with the Pens on Crosby's line he would have more goals (points) than Kunitz IMO. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Don't know about Lucic based on what I've seen.  Maybe.  If you agree with Grapes that the way to play teams like Finland who play 5 back all game every game is to dump it in and forecheck, then yes, it would surely be fun to watch some of those non-NHL defenseman start thinking about how to make the play without getting creamed by the Fat train.  But Fat's biggest weakness is that he goes to sleep if there's not a chance to play physical hockey, and, well....  Also not sure about Richards.  That was Cherry's other suggestion - bring pluggers who are used to playing short minutes and making strong contributions.  Not sure if Richards meets the criteria, but if you were going with an emotion/crash line, then sure.

Marchand, the way he was playing in December and January, is exactly what Canada could use.  Another guy who can break down the box and 1 and get inside.  Perry's done it a few times but hasn't been able to finish. And Marchand loves the big stage - though whether his game would be as effective if no one's chasing him is another story.

Hindsight (or high-sight as I originally typed it...which makes me wonder where dez is...): drop Marleau (zzzzz), Sidney's Binky, and...maybe Sharp?  Go with a Rat Line of Marchand-Richards-Giroux.  I now wish they'd done this just because that would be a great line to watch.

[/QUOTE]

Marleau, sharp, carter are all guys who play similar non inspiring hockey.  I like your rat line.  Speed skill and rodent.  Kunitz is a guy i was ok with bc he plays with sid but Neal is a guy who would have been better.  Im still shocked stlouis isnt riding on sids line.  The emotion that stlouis brings is what i wanna see.  He led the league in scoring last year, doesnt care that its sid and would just play.  I think sid, stlouis and bergie would work great.  

Lucic to me would at least be an awesome extra guy.  The americans have a big physical edge in my eyes.  I dont think the americans will run n gun.  But they can bring a sandpaper style we dont have.  Its fine to dominate down low which our bigger guys can.  But whos going to the dark areas out front.    

PS i hate the crease rule.  Let em battle out there. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE] My opinion of Letang in Canada's Sochi lineup during July or February still stands. It is my opinion not "In fact". You certainly don't know the difference between the two.

Calling me weird or anybody else on BDC, including Pauly, after your crayon extravaganza this morning is well....priceless. [/QUOTE]

Saying that type of thinking is WEIRD seems to be appropriate considering the chowda..ish logic I have given. [/QUOTE]

Thank you for being true to you. and showing us all what we all already know, you never disappoint. You are right whether in July or February...Letang still sucks!

Carry on bashing American hockey fans on BDC it's all you know.

PS. Thanks for leaving the crayons down at the shuffleboard scorers table this time around.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE] My opinion of Letang in Canada's Sochi lineup during July or February still stands. It is my opinion not "In fact". You certainly don't know the difference between the two.

Calling me weird or anybody else on BDC, including Pauly, after your crayon extravaganza this morning is well....priceless. [/QUOTE]

Saying that type of thinking is WEIRD seems to be appropriate considering the chowda..ish logic I have given. [/QUOTE]

Thank you for being true to you. and showing us all what we all already know, you never disappoint. You are right whether in July or February...Letang still sucks!

Carry on bashing American hockey fans on BDC it's all you know.

PS. Thanks for leaving the crayons down at the shuffleboard scorers table this time around.

[/QUOTE]

Crayons are special for me.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE] PS. San you jinxed ovi. He played like cra p in game one and had a couple meaningless pts and hasnt hit the score sheet since.  [/QUOTE]

I knew I could count on you for some great play by play.

I thought Crosby makes every player around him great ?

Malkin still the best player on Pittsburgh and proved it during the 2009 SCF.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Finally took a second to watch the OT goal against Rask.

Looks mostly straight through but the wobble is tricky to follow from that angle. Be interesting to see from the other side to see if it ticks Carter's stick - but I guess not or they'd probably change the scoring.

That said, it's not exactly a Tommy Salo special.  Doughty uses the D as a partial screen, shoots through a pretty narrow lane, lots of moving parts for Rask to shut out including reading the tip that was missed by the very narrowest of margins.  And it squeezed through a very thin gap between the ice and Rask's pad.  In fact, the last two things go together for me.  Why isn't Rask's pad glued to the ice?  Maybe he's giving himself a better chance to react if the puck changes direction?

Still a goal I'm sure Rask would like to have back, but hardly reason to think the Bruins need to revisit their goaltending any time soon.  It's not like a clear shot with no traffic beat him.  bim's overhead shot is just as misleading as Haggerty's defense of Rask.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE] PS. San you jinxed ovi. He played like cra p in game one and had a couple meaningless pts and hasnt hit the score sheet since.  [/QUOTE]

I knew I could count on you for some great play by play.

I thought Crosby makes every player around him great ?

Malkin still the best player on Pittsburgh and proved it during the 2009 SCF.

[/QUOTE]

i cant figure the crosby thing out at all.  No one can.  Thing is he is still skating and working hard.  That sets him apart from ovi malkin who coast around when things arent going well. 

malkin better then sid is laugh worthy.  He had a 5 more pts, sid had more goals.   I remember messier beating gretzky for Conn one year.   malkin has been pretty silent as well.   I doubt one gm in hockey would rather have malkin over sid.  

sid has made kunitz and dupi a lot of money.  Kunitz was top 7 in scoring last year.  Id say he makes players better.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Finally took a second to watch the OT goal against Rask.

Looks mostly straight through but the wobble is tricky to follow from that angle. Be interesting to see from the other side to see if it ticks Carter's stick - but I guess not or they'd probably change the scoring.

That said, it's not exactly a Tommy Salo special.  Doughty uses the D as a partial screen, shoots through a pretty narrow lane, lots of moving parts for Rask to shut out including reading the tip that was missed by the very narrowest of margins.  And it squeezed through a very thin gap between the ice and Rask's pad.  In fact, the last two things go together for me.  Why isn't Rask's pad glued to the ice?  Maybe he's giving himself a better chance to react if the puck changes direction?

Still a goal I'm sure Rask would like to have back, but hardly reason to think the Bruins need to revisit their goaltending any time soon.  It's not like a clear shot with no traffic beat him.  bim's overhead shot is just as misleading as Haggerty's defense of Rask.

[/QUOTE]

I think his 4 goals on 20 shots against a bad team is more alarming then the OT goal he let in. Should he make that save?   Yes, no excuses.   But he played a very solid game.   Im interested to see how he does against the not so high flying russians.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

You know its easier to do a wrist shot bc there is more control.   Wrist shot yes.  Slap shot no.  It takes a lot of energy to raise a slap shot.  And the wrist shot it would be hard to get 7 outta 10 but id stand a better chance then with a slap shot.  I can raise a slap shot no problem but playing defense its natural for me to keep it low.  Your high school buddy must have had a lazer.  Especially standing still.  

[/QUOTE]

I don't think we'll ever know.  Slap shots aren't allowed in Chick Stick-n-Puck.  They can't raise their sticks above the waists.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Considering the source (I think Chowda has 100 bookmarks of me making outrageous statements that he loves to check against facts) and the audacity of the statement (I love trash talking Canada), I figured it was me that made the statement.

Most people know I love Canada.  Those that don't fire back at me and we all laugh at...Kitchener.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Considering the source (I think Chowda has 100 bookmarks of me making outrageous statements that he loves to check against facts) and the audacity of the statement (I love trash talking Canada), I figured it was me that made the statement.

Most people know I love Canada.  Those that don't fire back at me and we all laugh at...Kitchener.

[/QUOTE]

Canada hates you    You omit a foul unpleasant odour.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think his 4 goals on 20 shots against a bad team is more alarming then the OT goal he let in. Should he make that save?   Yes, no excuses.   But he played a very solid game.   Im interested to see how he does against the not so high flying russians.  

[/QUOTE]

Wonder if anyone is still taking that 'Finland for the Gold' bet...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ok my American buds.   Who you guys cheering for.  Slovaks or Moves like Jagr?   

Go Latvia Go.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wonder if anyone is still taking that 'Finland for the Gold' bet...

[/QUOTE]

You know what.  If rask gets hot they can beat russia and sweden.  Sweden is missing some good players and have hid under the radar.  Finland could make a run.  Im still thinking sweden vs russia.  Usa vs CANADA.  i think winner of usa CANADA wins gold.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

Go Latvia Go.  [/QUOTE]

Murica will crush either team.

Scared of Swiss cheese!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

Go Latvia Go.  [/QUOTE]

Murica will crush either team.

Scared of Swiss cheese!

[/QUOTE]

They are an annoying black fly.   I hate their style but understand why.  They have scored 2 goals so it wont be a barn burner. 

Sections
Shortcuts