Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

I figure Canada 15-1 over Latvia.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not this version of Team Canada.  Those bums couldn't score 7 with an open net!

USA USA USA USA USA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

There will be a couple 7-1ish games tomorrow afternoon 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:[QUOTE] You got love the Euro fans in the stands ,  are they there just to have a good time ?  [/QUOTE]

No matter the score, no matter the tournament...

Euro Hockey fans are going to have a good time LoL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not this version of Team Canada.  Those bums couldn't score 7 with an open net!

USA USA USA USA USA

[/QUOTE]

USA might need a shootout to beat David Krejci & the powerful Czech squad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I say game winner on a full 360 wrap around by Jagr and only because of his long stick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Latvia has Tom Coolen as an ast coach.  He was my coach at UNB in my last year.   Nice guy.  But clueless.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I say game winner on a full 360 wrap around by Jagr and only because of his long stick.

[/QUOTE]

Im saying quick puts post up all game.  Cheater.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:[QUOTE] You got love the Euro fans in the stands ,  are they there just to have a good time ?  [/QUOTE]

No matter the score, no matter the tournament...

Euro Hockey fans are going to have a good time LoL

[/QUOTE]

and that would be Shupe dancing and saying that the girls could not hit glass from the blueline.... I told you I told you I told you...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Shup wishes he could dance like that LoL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

malkin better then sid is laugh worthy.  He had a 5 more pts, sid had more goals.   I remember messier beating gretzky for Conn one year.   malkin has been pretty silent as well.   I doubt one gm in hockey would rather have malkin over sid.  

[/QUOTE]

I generally agree, though Malkin's a heck of a player when he tries.  That said, I don't really agree with the rest of what you have here. Malkin deserved his Conn.  He was the better player all playoff long, and the two of them played together a lot that year as I recall.  That was the best I've ever seen Malkin play - used his size, drove the net, soft hands, timely plays.  All of it.  Similar to Messier.  Messier had 101 points and 165 PiMs - most on the Oilers - in 1983-84.  He was third on the team in points in the playoffs, but Gretzky racked up points the way some people breathe, and Kurri was on his wing.  That playoff was the beginning of the legend of the Moose having another gear and being able to impose his will on a series.  It was still surprising that Gretzky didn't win it, but it was one of those "What!?!?!...well...yeah, okay, I can see it" things.

The strangest thing?  I don't know quite what to say about the fact that the Penguins gave Malkin more money than Crosby even though they renewed in a very short window.  Maybe that's your one GM?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

oh look at me I played for UNB .... we could not compete aganst UQTR ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

You got love the Euro fans in the stands ,  are they there just to have a good time ?

couldn't help but notice the 2 Czech fans, one with Shrek mask and the other guy with skinny jeans and scarf . Which one was Bookboy and the other NAS ?

[/QUOTE]

I call Shrek mask!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im saying quick puts post up all game.  Cheater.  

[/QUOTE]

Haha. Well done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Can't believe Latvia.  It's all about Karsums and Daugavins wanting to stick it to Chiarelli for basically bouncing their NHL dreams.

Funny - I have avoided the talking heads all tournament but decided to watch a few clips yesterday, and man, Craig Button would lose a Boggle tournament to Jessica Simpson.  All the love for the Swiss was powerful stupid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I call Shrek mask!

[/QUOTE]

Mask...?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

malkin better then sid is laugh worthy.  He had a 5 more pts, sid had more goals.   I remember messier beating gretzky for Conn one year.   malkin has been pretty silent as well.   I doubt one gm in hockey would rather have malkin over sid.  

[/QUOTE]

I generally agree, though Malkin's a heck of a player when he tries.  That said, I don't really agree with the rest of what you have here. Malkin deserved his Conn.  He was the better player all playoff long, and the two of them played together a lot that year as I recall.  That was the best I've ever seen Malkin play - used his size, drove the net, soft hands, timely plays.  All of it.  Similar to Messier.  Messier had 101 points and 165 PiMs - most on the Oilers - in 1983-84.  He was third on the team in points in the playoffs, but Gretzky racked up points the way some people breathe, and Kurri was on his wing.  That playoff was the beginning of the legend of the Moose having another gear and being able to impose his will on a series.  It was still surprising that Gretzky didn't win it, but it was one of those "What!?!?!...well...yeah, okay, I can see it" things.

The strangest thing?  I don't know quite what to say about the fact that the Penguins gave Malkin more money than Crosby even though they renewed in a very short window.  Maybe that's your one GM?

[/QUOTE]

He had sid locked up.  No way if he had to choose he takes malkin over sid.   Malkins playoffs were great.  What you forget(fail to mention)is Sid gets #1 shutdown line and defense not Malkin.  Sid makes Malkins life easier.   I personally think Malkins overall skill is better.  Sid works harder and better hockey sense.   

as for gretzky/messier.   those two were the best 1-2 punch ive ever seen.   GretzkyKurri. Messier Anderson.   I could talk for hrs about gretzky Bc i love him that much.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You got love the Euro fans in the stands ,  are they there just to have a good time ?

couldn't help but notice the 2 Czech fans, one with Shrek mask and the other guy with skinny jeans and scarf . Which one was Bookboy and the other NAS ?

[/QUOTE]

I call Shrek mask!

[/QUOTE]

I knew it was Mr Shot alias ST22 in those skinny jeans . I dont get the scarf though

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

oh look at me I played for UNB .... we could not compete aganst UQTR ...

[/QUOTE]

I never lost to three rivers.  Ever.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

GO Krejci GO!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"He had sid locked up.  No way if he had to choose he takes malkin over sid. What you forget(fail to mention) is Sid gets #1 shutdown line and defense not Malkin"

Shero had a contract to gauge and then paid Malkin more.

You mean Jordan Staal, Selke finalist, Pittsburgh's best penalty killer wasn't play out against opposing teams best lines in 2008  and 2009 ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

"He had sid locked up.  No way if he had to choose he takes malkin over sid. What you forget(fail to mention) is Sid gets #1 shutdown line and defense not Malkin"

Shero had a contract to gauge and then paid Malkin more.

You mean Jordan Staal, Selke finalist, Pittsburgh's best penalty killer wasn't play out against opposing teams best lines in 2008  and 2009 ?

[/QUOTE]

Nope.  Staal wasnt.  They usually matched up against 3rd lines.   and im pretty sure staal didnt face the teams best 2 def.   Shero knew he had sid locked up.   For all your bad mouthing sid shouldnt he be whining about his contract?   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

I never lost to three rivers.  Ever.  

[/QUOTE]

LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

For the record, my take on San's "suspect" comment from the first?  American trying to get a rise out of Canadians.

[/QUOTE]

Well, that's a possibility.

The other take being he actually believed what he posted............. "Canada's defence supect".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heebiehoo. Show heebiehoo's posts

Varlamov in place of Bobrovsky?  I think Russia made a mistake.