2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was going ot start another thread on this, but I won't. I would like your feedback on this. Why are the Olympics so weird when it comes to things? I understand it's money. Making goalies cover up the brand logo on their equipment? This has gone on for years, I asked a Vaughn rep, and he didnt know. He told me it wasn't about the money becuase Vaughn and other companies offered to pay. They want their brand shown on the biggest stage. Same with other athletes and equipment.

Remember 2010. They gave Ryan Miller a hard time over the words "Matt Man" on the back of his helmet. It was in honor of a nephew of his that passed away at a very young age. Ryan Miller told them to take a hike. They did nothing.

I just dont get it, they put alot of effort and spend a lot of money covering up these logos when they could make the companies pay and do something good with the money, like putting it into sports programs across the globe.

[/QUOTE]
    They should spend some of that money on development programs in north central europe.  No prospects from Cze leagues in recent drafts, thats terrible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Can't now even Chowds and Danny Sheridan know the Finns are good.

Gotta get in while the odds are Fat...like Lucic Phat!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, is Rask any good now? I think the Bruins should keep him. 

And Loui, just a goal and assist. Not bad for a broken down old man as some would have us believe. 

[/QUOTE]

Rask was very good but the fins didnt give them many chances. Rask stopped the play lots.  That was a great team win.  

[/QUOTE]

OMG! You say the dumbest things sometimes! If this was Crawford you'd be going on & on about how great he was, but you won't give Rask that credit! He lost the Canadian game, BUT he defineatley WON this one with HUGE saves at HUGE times! That's what great goaltending is you fawking DOLT! Fawk you pisss me off sometimes! 

[/QUOTE]

I gave credit to him and did not say he lost the canadian game.   I think he played equally well in both.  But i dont think canada had great chances nor do i think russia had great chances.  I think as a team they played great and there were no second chances.  Rask slowed the play down perfectly.  If that is an insult you better give your head a few shakes.  I dont think rask stole that game.  The team played awesome.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Bad goal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What a play by Kesler.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

DK baby!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StiHacka. Show StiHacka's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

DK baby!

[/QUOTE]

He is obviously useless, let's trade that bum. Cool

Cesi do toho!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What a shift by Backes. That line of Backes/Callahan/Brown is what USA hockey is all about.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

US 2 - McDonagh 1 on a clear attempt, tough break.

Pavelec looked good on the 2nd US goal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Latvia? Where Da f*** is that. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Kaberle showing his solid defensive skills.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What a period for Backes and that line. Everytime they were on the ice they did something,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:[QUOTE] What a period for Backes and that line. Everytime they were on the ice they did something,[/QUOTE]

Now all the US needs is Kane to get his head out of his ___ and the goals will keep piling up. No one has handled the JVR/Phat Phil line so far.

You think Pavelec gets pulled ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Latvia making Canada work for it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Latvia making Canada work for it.

[/QUOTE]

As a canadian this team is soft and embarrassing.  They deserve this.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Keep the foot down on the gas US!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

ok, who's this 21-year-old kid in the Latvian net and does he belong to any nhl team?....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ok, who's this 21-year-old kid in the Latvian net and does he belong to any nhl team?....

[/QUOTE]

T-Bay.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Keep the foot down on the gas US!

[/QUOTE]

Yep! Forwards are playing very well together. Very impressive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This is getting ridiculous.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

T-Bay.

[/QUOTE]

thanx....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Canada just can't get going, almost seem to be getting fustrated. I still think this game ends 5-1 Canada. Good job by Latvia so far, but I don't think they can hang with them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, is Rask any good now? I think the Bruins should keep him. 

And Loui, just a goal and assist. Not bad for a broken down old man as some would have us believe. 

[/QUOTE]

Rask was very good but the fins didnt give them many chances. Rask stopped the play lots.  That was a great team win.  

[/QUOTE]

OMG! You say the dumbest things sometimes! If this was Crawford you'd be going on & on about how great he was, but you won't give Rask that credit! He lost the Canadian game, BUT he defineatley WON this one with HUGE saves at HUGE times! That's what great goaltending is you fawking DOLT! Fawk you pisss me off sometimes! 

[/QUOTE]

I gave credit to him and did not say he lost the canadian game.   I think he played equally well in both.  But i dont think canada had great chances nor do i think russia had great chances.  I think as a team they played great and there were no second chances.  Rask slowed the play down perfectly.  If that is an insult you better give your head a few shakes.  I dont think rask stole that game.  The team played awesome.  

[/QUOTE]

I said he lost the Canadian game. He should've made that save, but today without question he was the difference stopping Semin, Ovie & Malkin on multiple occasions & that Russian shorthanded save off Emlin was one of the best of the tournament! And as I said IF this was Crawford that had this kind of game. You wouldn't be talking about "how great the team played" You're not a Rask fan at all. You don't trust him & I think you should just start admitting that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

USA was lucky on the denied goal, and very lucky that Oshie had some extraordinary shots to seal the win. Does anyone think that the real Loui Eriksson is emerging, or is the wider ice more conducive to his softer , but speedy game ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Any word on John Tavares yet?