2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This keeper should get an Olympic all-star spot.

[/QUOTE]

I think he deserves tournament MVP for this game alone!

[/QUOTE]

Certainly does Nite. Also, and obviously I'm biased, but thats not an easy game for Price either. Lots of time between shots, then you get one and it could be the game. Thought he played very well as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Of course I'm cheering for Canada, but it would be an amazing storybook ending to Selanne's career if the Finn's could get gold. No player could deserve it more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

Latvia making Canada work for it. [/QUOTE]

As a canadian this team is soft and embarrassing.  They deserve this.  [/QUOTE]

You can come back now it's ok Cry

[/QUOTE]

Embarrassing.  

[/QUOTE]

You're embarrassing you fawking turncoat! What did Canada do poorly, besides not score on an incredible goaltending performance you fawkin goof! 

[/QUOTE]

Just a quick follow up.   Canada has 6 goals in 4 games from fwds.  3 by carter.  They played norway, latvia, austria and the fins.   But yes im a turncoat bc i think they have been playing embarrassing hockey that is emotionless.   Meanwhile heart and energy guys like stlouis and pk watch.   

[/QUOTE]

This is what concerns me as a USA fan.

[/QUOTE]

No. It makes me a turncoat to look at the obvious that this team isnt coming together, the fact they cant score and change lines hourly might be an indicator.    They have played 3 cakewalk games and looked just liked they played.   which to me was brutal.   I expected a tight game against the fins.   Not against latvia.  Or norway.  

I spoke with book about not having an energy line to get them going.  I think this is going to be huge when going against brown backes and callahan.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

Latvia making Canada work for it.

As a canadian this team is soft and embarrassing.  They deserve this.  [/QUOTE]

You can come back now it's ok Cry

[/QUOTE]

Embarrassing.  

[/QUOTE]

You're embarrassing you fawking turncoat! What did Canada do poorly, besides not score on an incredible goaltending performance you fawkin goof! 

[/QUOTE]

Just a quick follow up.   Canada has 6 goals in 4 games from fwds.  3 by carter.  They played norway, latvia, austria and the fins.   But yes im a turncoat bc i think they have been playing embarrassing hockey that is emotionless.   Meanwhile heart and energy guys like stlouis and pk watch.   

[/QUOTE]

This is what concerns me as a USA fan.

[/QUOTE]

No. It makes me a turncoat to look at the obvious that this team isnt coming together, the fact they cant score and change lines hourly might be an indicator.    They have played 3 cakewalk games and looked just liked they played.   which to me was brutal.   I expected a tight game against the fins.   Not against latvia.  Or norway.  

I spoke with book about not having an energy line to get them going.  I think this is going to be huge when going against brown backes and callahan.  

[/QUOTE]

Shupe, please turn in that passport....

the boys had nearly 60 sog, not to mention half the Latvian team went off limping after blocking shots....

and we won the game....

get ready for Friday, it'll be another bumpy ride....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Your obviously not a turncoat Shupe. Pointing out problems with a team you like is what we do to the Bruins all the time. It's not like your saying "this team sucks, theyre going to lose," like the ship jumpers we had in the Toronto series last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That said, this is funny!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I don't really care who wins but the US is looking like a better team than Canada these games.

Seems like the same story where team Canada is a awesome collection of great players that just can't meld together.

I'd like to see more energy guys on this team like Marchand or Lucic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

on a normal day, the kid in the Latvian net remains anonymous and it's a blowout....

or sometimes it doesn't go as scripted....

Quick will have to be almost as good for the US to come out on top....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't really care who wins but the US is looking like a better team than Canada these games.

Seems like the same story where team Canada is a awesome collection of great players that just can't meld together.

I'd like to see more energy guys on this team like Marchand or Lucic.

[/QUOTE]

Got em exactly where we want them!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Btw, How did it take so long for Nolan to get another NHL coaching job? He had his players playing exactly the way they needed to push Canada to the limit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:[QUOTE]

Quick will have to be almost as good for the US to come out on top....[/QUOTE]

Price won't be building card houses in front his net Friday. Quick isn't going to face 50+ shots like Latvia did today. Latvia couldn't break out of their own end most of the game and didn't counter attack like they did against the Swiss Cheese.

Friday's game will be end to end and go down to the last second just like 2010.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Btw, How did it take so long for Nolan to get another NHL coaching job? He had his players playing exactly the way they needed to push Canada to the limit.

[/QUOTE]

rumor has it back then with Sabres he was trying to gte his GM fired.  He got blacklisted after that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

the boys had nearly 60 sog, not to mention half the Latvian team went off limping after blocking shots....

and we won the game....

[/QUOTE]

And his badge, because his detective skills suck the high hard one! Calling team Canada's performance embarrassing today is embarrassing to hear from another Canadian! 

[/QUOTE]

If you think that was an inspired all out effort i suggest you check into every talk show tonight in canada.  See if they think it was a great canadian effort.   I could give two rats azzes what you think and i definitely dont need you to tell me how to think.   when you resort to name calling on a blog its a major fail.   How many nov 11th days do you sit on your sofa.   I know where i go.   Im being critical of a team that cant score, has played lifeless hockey, and has yet to click.   when your roster is worth 149 million annually and you pull out a 2-1 win While a guy like Sandis is out there bleeding and inspiring his troops i say its embarrassing.   Im entitled to my opinion on that stink show.   There were lots of positives on some people...overall i dont like the makeup of this team.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

and we won the game....

[/QUOTE]

And his badge, because his detective skills suck the high hard one! Calling team Canada's performance embarrassing today is embarrassing to hear from another Canadian! 

[/QUOTE]

You tell him Nite !

Shupie,  this team is not build to hit. We went through this the other day.  I thought Getzlaf would be the most physical and he hasn't been.

On D the most physical once again was Vlasic. He's deserving his spot, as for J-Bo and big Ham..... I would much rather see Subban. I hope Babcock changes his mind. 

little bit of information, I heard from Friedman on the radio that Julien was the one that lobbied the most for PK to be on this team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The Slovaks & Russians don't line up 5 across! So the US had a much easier time to forecheck & us their speed more effectively."

Stating that the group Canada played against was harder than the group the US played against is a laugh. Czechs and Russia were just as hard to play against as Finland and Latvia.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Your obviously not a turncoat Shupe. Pointing out problems with a team you like is what we do to the Bruins all the time. It's not like your saying "this team sucks, theyre going to lose," like the ship jumpers we had in the Toronto series last year.

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have him say this then say they're emabarrassing! Great teams find ways to win no matter what. Today Canada did that. Outhit? Yea 90% of the time that will probably happen when you have the puck 90% of the time. Dumb statement & knowledgable hockey people know this!

So, I really want to know what this so called genius wants Canada to do when teams line up 5 across the line to defend? The US played different teams that played a different brand. The Slovaks & Russians don't line up 5 across! So the US had a much easier time to forecheck & us their speed more effectively. The US won't be scoring 5,6 or 7 goals on Fri. He's the fawking embarrassment to have as a fellow Canadian talking his trash!!! 

[/QUOTE]

You done?   90% of the time.  You make this stat up.   When Canada gets dominated physically by a junior b team its concerning.  Dumb statement to make up false stats.   When teams line up across the line you dump.  Usually the forecheck is a hit no?   I didnt see this.  I didnt see them battling.  I saw a group going through the motions.  

The russians did line up 5 across the line.  Go watch the highlites.  The usa group have played much harder teams and owned them.   They are clicking.  They are playing as a team.  

I can speak about the canadian team as i please.   If you are thrilled with these olympics good for you.   Im not.  I dont like the makeup.   

please stop with the canadian pride thing.  You wouldnt know it if it bit you in the butt.  Its a hockey debate not a personal thing about who wears more red and white.   I think their effort to date has been bad.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

and we won the game....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You tell him Nite !

Shupie,  this team is not build to hit. We went through this the other day.  I thought Getzlaf would be the most physical and he hasn't been.

On D the most physical once again was Vlasic. He's deserving his spot, as for J-Bo and big Ham..... I would much rather see Subban. I hope Babcock changes his mind. 

little bit of information, I heard from Friedman on the radio that Julien was the one that lobbied the most for PK to be on this team.

[/QUOTE]

Too many similar players.  Marleau, carter, nash, jbo, sharp.   I think canada will play better against team usa bc if they dont they will lose.   I see two guys like jbo and hamhuis playing while pk watches.  We cant score and the best offensive pp dman is in the stands.  Last yrs leading scorer who plays his heart out is watching.   

its ok to be critical of a team that is barely winning games against the 11th placed team in the world comprised of no nhl players.   I dont like their team play.   I said yesterday i would love lucic marchand giroux and richards over the four i mentioned.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Too many similar players.  Marleau, carter, nash, jbo, sharp.   I think canada will play better against team usa bc if they dont they will lose.   I see two guys like jbo and hamhuis playing while pk watches.  We cant score and the best offensive pp dman is in the stands.  Last yrs leading scorer who plays his heart out is watching.   

its ok to be critical of a team that is barely winning games against the 11th placed team in the world comprised of no nhl players.   I dont like their team play.   I said yesterday i would love lucic marchand giroux and richards over the four i mentioned.   

[/QUOTE]

I think you almost have to play Subban against the U.S, especially agains tthe line of Backes/Callahan/Brown.

I would have Duchene in there. Great offensive zone entry, put him with Crosby.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Outhit? Yea 90% of the time that will probably happen when you have the puck 90% of the time. Dumb statement & knowledgable hockey people know this!

[/QUOTE]

Ya.......the outhit comment was pretty stupid.

Puck possession was a little lopsided for anyone to be complaining about that.  Maybe Canada should've given up the puck................to pad the hit stats. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i have a feelin' ole paddy kane is going to find the back of the net a couple times against canada. as for how canada is playing... it's a moot point, they are in the semis. just like swe, fin and us, they are two wins from a gold medal. the game on friday should be a real hum-dinger. i have a real mixed bag of feelings going into this game. as for the USA, i'm loving how energized they look, and how well they seem to be playing together. as for canada, i've got to think they'll have to come out of this funk at some point? right?  here's to hopin' the find their groove to win the bronze.  USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Shupe calm down, you know nite is "fawking" with you LOL...  Also NAS is loving you being upset ... he can't wait to post USA USA USA USA .

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It's weird.  Canada's whole performance is just weird.  Not Stanley and marco complimenting each other on their hockey acumen weird, but weird enough.

Don't think PK is the answer - scoring from the blueline has been just fine, thanks.  I think Crosby has been dragging Bergeron down, and frankly, I see a very similar thing all up and down the forward corps.  Way, way too much individual play.  The puck isn't moving very fast.  Guys get the puck and then assess if they can make a spectacular skilled play, then try to move it or try the skill play and get a mediocre chance out of it.  Count the number of times you see a Canadian forward trying to shimmy in tight to the goal and lose the puck or get poke checked or stick checked just enough to foil the shot?  Perry all alone, Nash walking out from the corner, Toews on the wrap around.  How did they get their first goal?  Cycle.  Create havoc.  Move the puck, shoot quickly.  Frankly, their problems are identical to the problems the Bruins have when they lose their scoring mojo - lousy passing, lots of shots but not many good ones, no awareness or instinct on what to do when.

I do think it will be different against the USA.  Pride will kick in.  I hope.  Oh, and get Kunitz off the ice - that guy is a turnover machine at this level.  Put Benn back with Crosby and Bergeron or, better yet, reunite Tavares with Benn and Bergeron and then play them the most.