2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"The Slovaks & Russians don't line up 5 across! So the US had a much easier time to forecheck & us their speed more effectively."

Stating that the group Canada played against was harder than the group the US played against is a laugh. Czechs and Russia were just as hard to play against as Finland and Latvia.

[/QUOTE]

What the fawk took you so long to answer ya Yankee doodle dandy pansy? You actually think that I'm that puck drunk to try and claim that the US had an easier schedule than Canada? Really?? I thought for sure every yank in here would've jumped all over that, but I only got you. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's weird.  Canada's whole performance is just weird.  Not Stanley and marco complimenting each other on their hockey acumen weird, but weird enough.

Don't think PK is the answer - scoring from the blueline has been just fine, thanks.  I think Crosby has been dragging Bergeron down, and frankly, I see a very similar thing all up and down the forward corps.  Way, way too much individual play.  The puck isn't moving very fast.  Guys get the puck and then assess if they can make a spectacular skilled play, then try to move it or try the skill play and get a mediocre chance out of it.  Count the number of times you see a Canadian forward trying to shimmy in tight to the goal and lose the puck or get poke checked or stick checked just enough to foil the shot?  Perry all alone, Nash walking out from the corner, Toews on the wrap around.  How did they get their first goal?  Cycle.  Create havoc.  Move the puck, shoot quickly.  Frankly, their problems are identical to the problems the Bruins have when they lose their scoring mojo - lousy passing, lots of shots but not many good ones, no awareness or instinct on what to do when.

I do think it will be different against the USA.  Pride will kick in.  I hope.  Oh, and get Kunitz off the ice - that guy is a turnover machine at this level.  Put Benn back with Crosby and Bergeron or, better yet, reunite Tavares with Benn and Bergeron and then play them the most.

[/QUOTE]

I think the familiarity with the US will help.   I think the pp hasnt been good so insert pk.  Pk makes things happen.   I cant wrap my head around their play.   Im tired of all the line changes.  really love benn perry getz.  Id go kunitz(played his best game) crosby stlouis.  Toews sharp marleau.  Bergie nash carter with duch subbing in.  

I hope we can create some magic.  Really happy with the goaltending and defense.   

should be a good semi final.  

PS.  The Latvian goal is a change drill that tom coolen uses and we practiced.  When i saw it i started laughing.   Coolens acadia teams were known for it as well.   A huge kudos to the Latvia team.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

It's weird.  Canada's whole performance is just weird.  Not Stanley and marco complimenting each other on their hockey acumen weird, but weird enough.

Don't think PK is the answer - scoring from the blueline has been just fine, thanks.  I think Crosby has been dragging Bergeron down, and frankly, I see a very similar thing all up and down the forward corps.  Way, way too much individual play.  The puck isn't moving very fast.  Guys get the puck and then assess if they can make a spectacular skilled play, then try to move it or try the skill play and get a mediocre chance out of it.  Count the number of times you see a Canadian forward trying to shimmy in tight to the goal and lose the puck or get poke checked or stick checked just enough to foil the shot?  Perry all alone, Nash walking out from the corner, Toews on the wrap around.  How did they get their first goal?  Cycle.  Create havoc.  Move the puck, shoot quickly.  Frankly, their problems are identical to the problems the Bruins have when they lose their scoring mojo - lousy passing, lots of shots but not many good ones, no awareness or instinct on what to do when.

I do think it will be different against the USA.  Pride will kick in.  I hope.  Oh, and get Kunitz off the ice - that guy is a turnover machine at this level.  Put Benn back with Crosby and Bergeron or, better yet, reunite Tavares with Benn and Bergeron and then play them the most.

[/QUOTE]

Tavares is done, Kaput. We'll see Duchene and frankly I ike his speed.

I agree Bergy and Benn had some chemistry.

The game will come down to goal tending.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Don't think PK is the answer - scoring from the blueline has been just fine, thanks.  I think Crosby has been dragging Bergeron down, and frankly, I see a very similar thing all up and down the forward corps.  Way, way too much individual play.  

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, nothing against PK (other than i don't like him) but the defence has been scoring and playing well.The forwards on the other hand,wow,Crosby has done nothing,he has been "working" hard but i would expect more from the world's greatest player,no way he gets off the hook.Kunitz?Waste of space,the only line that i thought had chemistry and looked ok was the Bergy/Benn/Tavares line and Babcock busted that one up.Tavares is out so Duchesne back in,not a bad thing. I don't know,hope the Canada/USA semi is good but we'll see.Some people will be happy no matter how the game plays out. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I'm not interested in the "lining up 5", "disallowed goal" or "easier draw" nonsense. 

The US has played like the best TEAM in the tourney.  Canada has the best tallent - by far - on the planet. The game on Friday is going to be a barn burner.  These teams know each other - well. Forget about what's happened so far just enjoy the event for what it is.  The best hockey North America has to offer. ...It's going to make the Swedes and Fins look like (in the words of Mike Milbury) "Euro Trash".

This is going to be 60 plus minutes of back and forth, take no prisoners, Cup worthy hockey just like it was in Vancouver 4 years ago.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying insert him into the line up becuase the defense hasn't been scoring, but I'd put him in as an answer to the physical play of Backes/Callahan/Brown.

I do agree with your statemtn that it will be different against the U.S...I fully expect Canada to play their best game of the tournament.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Guys...it's not the lineup, it's BEING TOO DAMNED TIGHT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Canada is such a mess that they have the Norris and Art Ross winners in the press box.  To win, a team is needed, not a big pile of awesome skills. 

Easy to say when u don't have a big pile of awesome skills like Canada has.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:

[QUOTE]

Canada is such a mess that they have the Norris and Art Ross winners in the press box.  To win, a team is needed, not a big pile of awesome skills. 

Easy to say when u don't have a big pile of awesome skills like Canada has.

[/QUOTE]

$149 millions worth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Btw, How did it take so long for Nolan to get another NHL coaching job? He had his players playing exactly the way they needed to push Canada to the limit.

[/QUOTE]

rumor has it back then with Sabres he was trying to gte his GM fired.  He got blacklisted after that.

[/QUOTE]

That was John Muckler.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shupe calm down, you know nite is "fawking" with you LOL...  Also NAS is loving you being upset ... he can't wait to post USA USA USA USA .

[/QUOTE]

Breaking up a scrap ? Kevin Collins would be proud of you.

Hell no, let them go !

I'm seeing it as a Stan Jonathan-Pierre Bouchard bout with a similar ending.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I don't care who wins, but Bergy better not get hurt!

If Bergy gets hurt, someone will have to pay. The cement shoes are ready. The Black Sea is very deep, I hear.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

People are down on the Russian team.

Olympic Hockey 2014: Is Sidney Crosby Becoming a Problem for Team Canada?

Look at Team Canada.  Change the schedules and I bet the Russians are playing tomorrow and Sidney "No Production When It Counts" Crosby is hearing it from Queen Elizabeth like Ovechkin is hearing it from Putin.

Here's a riddle for you:  What do you get when you cross Marleau, Toews, Crosby, Bergeron, Pietrangelo, Nash, Keith, Perry, Bouwmeester, Duchene, Kunitz, Vlasic, Subban, Tavares, Hamuis and St. Louis with Olympic hockey?

I don't know either, but I know the answer isn't goal scoring!

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

People are down on the Russian team.

Olympic Hockey 2014: Is Sidney Crosby Becoming a Problem for Team Canada?

Look at Team Canada.  Change the schedules and I bet the Russians are playing tomorrow and Sidney "No Production When It Counts" Crosby is hearing it from Queen Elizabeth like Ovechkin is hearing it from Putin.

Here's a riddle for you:  What do you get when you cross Marleau, Toews, Crosby, Bergeron, Pietrangelo, Nash, Keith, Perry, Bouwmeester, Duchene, Kunitz, Vlasic, Subban, Tavares, Hamuis and St. Louis with Olympic hockey?

I don't know either, but I know the answer isn't goal scoring!

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

[/QUOTE]

BAWHAAHAA! You're a dink!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

One down, One to go.

CANADA!!!!!!!!! Our Girls know how to play HOCKEY.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Look for Canada to exploit our old friend Orpik,we'll see if he's ready to step into a check or not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

One Kessel down one to go!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One down, One to go.

CANADA!!!!!!!!! Our Girls know how to play HOCKEY.

[/QUOTE]

Just finished watching the entire replay. Knew the score but still on the edge of my seat. The skills and hockey IQ on these kids are amazing. Great comeback (in the prelims as well). For me -- a little taste of what it was like to be a Leafs fan last year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't care who wins, but Bergy better not get hurt!

If Bergy gets hurt, someone will have to pay. The cement shoes are ready. The Black Sea is very deep, I hear.

[/QUOTE]

I'd be perfectally happy watching with no Bruin players chosen. I kept thinking that one slap shot off Chara's knee or freak accident on any other Bruin would suk. Zuccarello with the broken hand and now Tavares out for the season. Not worth it from my standpoint.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd be perfectally happy watching with no Bruin players chosen. I kept thinking that one slap shot off Chara's knee or freak accident on any other Bruin would suk. Zuccarello with the broken hand and now Tavares out for the season. Not worth it from my standpoint.

[/QUOTE]

Guys get hurt playing all the time.  Was the game in which Seidenberg got hurt "worth it"?  Maybe they should scrap the regular season and just go to the playoffs.  You know, to avoid the injuries.

Yeah, it sucks for Tavares, but hockey is dangerous.  I love Olympic hockey with the pros.   I think it's the coolest thing to see each country's best players all on the same team. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Lehtonen in for Fins -- Rask out with "illness" -- reported possible flu symptoms.

Finland looking good but Swedes blocking a lot of shots and Lundqvist doing his usual thing especially during a 5 on 3 PK. Hjalmarsson takes a puck to the ribs -- unfortunately he was sitting on the bench at the time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Lehtonen in for Fins -- Rask out with "illness" -- reported possible flu symptoms.

Finland looking good but Swedes blocking a lot of shots and Lundqvist doing his usual thing especially during a 5 on 3 PK. Hjalmarsson takes a puck to the ribs -- unfortunately he was sitting on the bench at the time.

[/QUOTE]

Sweden flu?   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Stockholm Syndrome

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Guys get hurt playing all the time.  Was the game in which Seidenberg got hurt "worth it"?  Maybe they should scrap the regular season and just go to the playoffs.  You know, to avoid the injuries.

Yeah, it sucks for Tavares, but hockey is dangerous.  I love Olympic hockey with the pros.   I think it's the coolest thing to see each country's best players all on the same team. 

[/QUOTE]

Can't lie -- I enjoy watching and being familiar with so many players but GM's around the league have got to be freaking out. Also feel some of the non-NHL players are taking some liberties knowing little chance of retribution. It was pretty cool seeing Loui pop in the tying goal in the 2nd but still hoping that all of our Bruin representatives make it home safely.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Can't lie -- I enjoy watching and being familiar with so many players but GM's around the league have got to be freaking out. Also feel some of the non-NHL players are taking some liberties knowing little chance of retribution. It was pretty cool seeing Loui pop in the tying goal in the 2nd but still hoping that all of our Bruin representatives make it home safely.

[/QUOTE]

Come on, man.  Back to taking liberties?  So weak.  Pros have been at this since 1998.  How many times have you seen a cheap shot from a non-NHLer?

Sections
Shortcuts