2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kelv, our boy price getting game one.  Im very pleased by this.  For as much as everyone says its our weakest link(and i think everyone agrees), price could be a sleeper mvp player.  

[/QUOTE]

Well, if goaltending, when you have Price and Luongo is considered the weakest link, that speaks volumes as to how good the rest of the team is. I expect him to have a great Olympics and be back in there for game 3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah beating mighty Norway and Austria will catapult Price right into the MVP conversation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yah beating mighty Norway and Austria will catapult Price right into the MVP conversation.

[/QUOTE]

Look Sandog, Price is gonna be getting a heavy dose of Morten Ask & the Olimb brothers,so wait till the game is over before you start throwing darts ! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Wait until you see what Big Z and Halak have in store for the USA,Phat Phil better be ready.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Price is game 1 versus Norway, Luongo is game 2 against Austria.

Pay attention.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Kaberle LoL

Pavelec isn't even dressed.

I think Jagr was on the ice the whole time in the 1st. He is going to be gassed by the 3rd. Lundqvist fell asleep in his net most of the period. Swedes having there way so far.

Heard on THE FAN 590 this afternoon their coach is taking some heat for this, their only goaltender with NHL experience and for dressing his son-in-law who's apparently a lousy player ahead of better guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Kaberle LoL

I think Jagr was on the ice the whole time in the 1st. He is going to be gassed by the 3rd. Lundqvist fell asleep in his net most of the period. Swedes having there way so far.

[/QUOTE]

Heard on THE FAN 590 this afternoon their coach is taking some heat for this, their only goaltender with NHL experience and for dressing his son-in-law who's apparently a lousy player ahead of better guys.

[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine from the Czech Republic told me that everybody knows that their head coach is corrupt and some players don't want to play for him - kind of figures.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why is it everytime I see Sweden in International play I still look for Peter Forsberg. I see 21 in yellow, I still think of him.

[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of one of my favorite lines.  Think it was Doug Weight got corked - out cold - when he was playing for the Oilers.  Trainer went out to check him out, came back to the bench and told Ted Green "He doesn't know who he is." Green: "Tell him he's Wayne Gretzky!"

Love for Loui to come back thinking he's Peter Forsberg.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How about Rasks stellar start.  4 goals on 20 shots.  Who were all those snipers for that club.  Take him outside his comfy confines and hes an avg goalie.  :-).  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Carlson with a Howie.   Dominating play so far.  Looked like his OT game winner in world juniors

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE] Wait until you see what Big Z and Halak have in store for the USA,Phat Phil better be ready.[/QUOTE]

Was Z on the ice for all 4 goals so far ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE] Wait until you see what Big Z and Halak have in store for the USA,Phat Phil better be ready.[/QUOTE]

Was Z on the ice for all 4 goals so far ?

[/QUOTE]

Obviously not a fan of big ice.  US are flying around.  Fun to watch.  They have some nice weapons.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE]

I think Jagr was on the ice the whole time in the 1st. He is going to be gassed by the 3rd. Lundqvist fell asleep in his net most of the period. Swedes having there way so far.[/QUOTE]

Heard on THE FAN 590 this afternoon their coach is taking some heat for this, their only goaltender with NHL experience and for dressing his son-in-law who's apparently a lousy player ahead of better guys.[/QUOTE]

If it were before 1989 the coach would need to sent to the Gulag! Seriously though the Czechs looked good after the initial onslaught and just needed a good goalie to keep them in the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Budaj is like "why did you put me in ?" LoL

Ok...who hasn't scored yet ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Budaj is like "why did you put me in ?" LoL

Ok...who hasn't scored yet ?

[/QUOTE]

Ive flipped over to Russia game.  Still a close one.   3-2.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ovi hasnt broke a sweat.  Coasting around.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And of course Milbury climbs all over the mighty Jurcina during the intermission LoL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

And of course Milbury climbs all over the mighty Jurcina during the intermission LoL

[/QUOTE]

I have to listen to Healy.  I think they are brothers 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I obviously want Canada to win.  But i really hope the Russians are a flop.  What a lazy game from all their ego players.  And on home ice.  No wonder the Russians started cheering for Rocky.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Well the game Tuukka played maybe a blessing in disguise. He may not see the net in another game. He was awful! 

Btw- The Int'l ice is definitely having an effect on some of the the goalies finding their angles. There's no question it's an adjustment. Could be a huge advantage to the team that figures it out the fastest.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

I obviously want Canada to win.  But i really hope the Russians are a flop.  What a lazy game from all their ego players.  And on home ice.  No wonder the Russians started cheering for Rocky.  

[/QUOTE]

The Russians are going to play to their opponents. If you think Ovie is going to be floating against the US time to give that head a shake.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Russians are going to play to their opponents. If you think Ovie is going to be floating against the US time to give that head a shake.

[/QUOTE]

Ive seen him float in big games.  And im a huge fan.  Give your own head a shake. They are playing their first game at home.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ive seen him float in big games.  And im a huge fan.  Give your own head a shake. They are playing their first game at home.  

[/QUOTE]

canada played Russia in the elimination round last olympics. ovie floated and was absolutely invisible unless he was turning the puck over. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Comon Craig Simpson! Correct yourself you fawkhead! You were bragging about Tarves and the pass he made & it was Team Canada's best player so far Bergeron who gave it to Benn!

Sections
Shortcuts