2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

In response to bim09's comment:

USA vs Russia was a great game.  This was all Canada.

Canada............ yawn ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Man Bergeron is a great player! Wow,clutch,was everywhere on the ice.

If he had Marchand with him instead Kuntz he would have burried one of those chances Bergeron fed the putz.

I said the same thing to my wife watching the game,Marchand would have buried one of those feeds,he's fast enough,tenacious enough and skilled enough to have been on this team.Brad can kill penalties too,might have even got a shorty!

There you go youre wife is correct. Brad would be a welcomed player 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

IIt's funny how very like discussions of Bruins hockey this was.  US Team scored a ton of goals, had Kessel flying around, and so people said they were the best team.  Canada has yet to give up more than one goal in a game, but they haven't really clicked offensively, so everyone talks about missing snipers or el foldarola Crosby.  And at the end of the day, the W is all that counts.

QUOTE]

Everyone likes offence,its exciting i get it, but defence wins championships in my view.Fans can say what they want about Julien's defence first style but it makes the B's winners. Bylsma & Pittsburgh will have a hard time winning another Cup unless they trade for Quick. ;-)

Well glen sather might have argued that In the 90's

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

The best team won hands down,could have been 6-0 easy,maybe next time USA.Where was the great Kessel & the mighty physical Backes? Go Canada!!! So Long Oshie!!

They were no Where because they were beat by a superior team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bruins heroes all set for Sunday!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I was just thinking it's kind of nice that Rask was sick, that way shupe can't blame the loss on him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

So much for goaltending being Canadas weakness. Thought Quick played excellent. After these Olympics, I don't ever want to hear/read to make the ice surface bigger to open up the scoring. That game would have been even better if it was in a NHL size rink.

Congrats Canada, I hope you win the gold.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Those Can jerseys look swell how about  some gold on the white

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I was just thinking it's kind of nice that Rask was sick, that way shupe can't blame the loss on him.

Told u finns no gold 

As far as bronze - depends all on usa how motivated they will be , if so bronze to usa

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

A couple of more observations:

I know he hasn't scored, but good lord Sidney Crosby backhand passes and shots are better than most on their forehand. Ridiculous.

Ryan Getzlaf doesn't get enough credit for his two way game.

Bergeron is one of the best players in the world. (We knew this)

Came away very impressed with Ryan McDonaugh. Terrific tournament.

As well as Quick has played, I wonder if Miller will get the start in the Bronze game. Wouldnt shock me if Bylsma said if we win, Quick starts, if we lose Miller goes. He may even split them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Canada is such a mess that they have the Norris and Art Ross winners in the press box.  To win, a team is needed, not a big pile of awesome skills. 

I believe you posted this when Canada was 3 wins no losses. Care to add anything to your comment?  CANADA  CANADA  CANADA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Can't tell you how many times I got déjà vu watching Canada's defense. Had Julien's marks all over it. Lets hope he didn't give up too many house secrets.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

They've been the most boring team in the tourny.  Whats your point?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

They've been the most boring team in the tourny.  Whats your point?

Most boring team in the tourney ?

Didn't like the way they won yesterday ? They scored more then 0. Was that number exciting for you ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Canada is such a mess that they have the Norris and Art Ross winners in the press box.  To win, a team is needed, not a big pile of awesome skills. 

I believe you posted this when Canada was 3 wins no losses. Care to add anything to your comment?  CANADA  CANADA  CANADA

He wont answer.  Just says his habitual stupid comment then dissapears. You might find him front row at a bieber concert. Is bieber in florida? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Kelv,  our boy price showed everyone how good he is.  Most happy for him.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Thanks for the pic Sandog, I had a screensaver pic of Tuukka against the NYR last year.  I will temporarily use this in the next few days.  

Congrats to Canada, I was most impressed with Weber, Price, and of course Bergeron.  Crosby looked good with Bergeron.  The most talented team won, not the best team. 

The Americans played well, I was not too hopeful of an Olympic Medal at the beginning of Sochi.  I still would like the NHL to start in September during the Olympic years.  

The NHL schedule in the next few weeks will be difficult going into the playoffs.  More injuries undoubtedly will occur then than during the Olympics.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Thanks for the pic Sandog, I had a screensaver pic of Tuukka against the NYR last year.  I will temporarily use this in the next few days.  

Congrats to Canada, I was most impressed with Weber, Price, and of course Bergeron.  Crosby looked good with Bergeron.  The most talented team won, not the best team. 

The Americans played well, I was not too hopeful of an Olympic Medal at the beginning of Sochi.  I still would like the NHL to start in September during the Olympic years.  

The NHL schedule in the next few weeks will be difficult going into the playoffs.  More injuries undoubtedly will occur then than during the Olympics.  

sorry, but Canada was the best team on this day....

Price was awesome but Quick was every bit as good....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

The Americans played well, I was not too hopeful of an Olympic Medal at the beginning of Sochi.

sorry, but Canada was the best team on this day....

Price was awesome but Quick was every bit as good....

Finland knows exactly where the US is positioned on the breakout, especially along the boards. Canada did this all day on Friday and Bylsma did not adjust and isn't...again.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

So 0-0 after the first in Stanley's "double curse" game for the bronze medal,game could go to 43 rounds of the shootout.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

A couple of more observations:

I know he hasn't scored, but good lord Sidney Crosby backhand passes and shots are better than most on their forehand. Ridiculous.

Ryan Getzlaf doesn't get enough credit for his two way game.

Bergeron is one of the best players in the world. (We knew this)

Came away very impressed with Ryan McDonaugh. Terrific tournament.

As well as Quick has played, I wonder if Miller will get the start in the Bronze game. Wouldnt shock me if Bylsma said if we win, Quick starts, if we lose Miller goes. He may even split them.

Good points but one quick addition:

Not sure if it's possible but if Callahan can't get what he wants from the Rangers -- He would look pretty good in a Bruin uniform.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

118 minutes without a goal for the U.S right now.

20 minutes away from coming home empty handed after playing for a chance to play for the gold less than 24 hours ago.

C'mon USA, lets get her going. Rask has played well, US just looks like they aren't into it after yesterdays loss.

I wonder what Bobby Ryan is thinking.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Can't tell you how many times I got déjà vu watching Canada's defense. Had Julien's marks all over it. Lets hope he didn't give up too many house secrets.

I felt the same way. I think you"ll have players from other teams returning to the NHL believing in his system.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

20 minutes away from coming home empty handed after playing for a chance to play for the gold less than 24 hours ago.

C'mon USA, lets get her going. Rask has played well, US just looks like they aren't into it after yesterdays loss.

Beat me to the punch. Wonder if opposition would be different today if Rask was able to play vs Sweden yesterday? Two u's 2 k's -- too much after 2 periods.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I wonder what Brian Burke is thinking.

• Sections
    Shortcuts