2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

We as Bruin fans better start to shiver, because I will tell one thing that happened in this tourney that wasn't there before it. Carey Price has FINALLY arrived folks! That's not good news for Bruin fans, or anyone else in the Eastern Conference. The fact that he never got MVP of the tournament was bad enough, but to have Lundqvist beat him in votes for the All-Star team was a total joke! I've always liked Price, but I never liked his play. I was nervous with him in there, but he came thru in a big way. He looked just as calm & cool & played just as well as Rask ever has. It's just as hard to play well when you're facing 18 shots as you are when you're facing 50. Staying focused when you're not busy is tough to do. Carey Price was sensational when he needed to be. Yes his D-men deserve a lot of credit, but when they did break down. And there were times when they did. Price was there. That's what great goalie's do & Carey finally has reached "elite" status. Look out for the Canadiens in this years play-offs. They won't be having any goaltending issues for a long time. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Look out for the Canadiens in this years play-offs. They won't be having any goaltending issues for a long time. 

[/QUOTE]

Scab fans hope you are right,Nuck fans thought the same thing after the Vancouver Olympics and were in the end disappointed,we'll see Nite.Playoffs are just around the corner and Montreal doesn't have as good a team as the Nucks had back then.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Outstanding against the U.S ? the scoresheet said 1-0 Canada vs The States., no offense to our neighbours to the south, but that was a clinic on defensive hockey by the Canadians...Price was the benificiary of outstanding defensive hockey by the team that was playing in front of him. the same for the gold medal game vs Sweden. As for the Leaf Series , Boston was playing with 3 kids on D..the Ranger series , Lunqvist stood on his head ,but Rask still beat ' King Henrik " , held the Pengins and that vaunted offence ,to 2 goals in 4 games . The Chicago series , every game decided by a single goal , Saying that Rask plays behind the best defensive system in the NHL , but can't hold a lead ,is complete B.S. Rask was oustanding last year , and blaming him for not winning the cup ....uh huh whatever. I'm not saying Price was average or whatever in this years Olympics , I think he is a very good goaltender, and a real good kid...he wasn't all world , nor did he have to steal ONE game for his team . He has only been able to take his NHL team past the 1st round once. His record in the playoffs speak for itself. You like Price , who am I to argue . I think Rask is every bit as good  , if not a bit better , because of what he has done in the playoffs.  Cheers Shupe .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

[QUOTE]

Look out for the Canadiens in this years play-offs. They won't be having any goaltending issues for a long time. 

Scab fans hope you are right,Nuck fans thought the same thing after the Vancouver Olympics and were in the end disappointed,we'll see Nite.Playoffs are just around the corner and Montreal doesn't have as good a team as the Nucks had back then.

[/QUOTE]

Lu never had any where near the Olympics Price just had! And I never said they'd win the the cup. But you won't be seeing Budj starting anymore play-off games unless Price is injured. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Outstanding against the U.S ? the scoresheet said 1-0 Canada vs The States., no offense to our neighbours to the south, but that was a clinic on defensive hockey by the Canadians...Price was the benificiary of outstanding defensive hockey by the team that was playing in front of him. the same for the gold medal game vs Sweden. As for the Leaf Series , Boston was playing with 3 kids on D..the Ranger series , Lunqvist stood on his head ,but Rask still beat ' King Henrik " , held the Pengins and that vaunted offence ,to 2 goals in 4 games . The Chicago series , every game decided by a single goal , Saying that Rask plays behind the best defensive system in the NHL , but can't hold a lead ,is complete B.S. Rask was oustanding last year , and blaming him for not winning the cup ....uh huh whatever. I'm not saying Price was average or whatever in this years Olympics , I think he is a very good goaltender, and a real good kid...he wasn't all world , nor did he have to steal ONE game for his team . He has only been able to take his NHL team past the 1st round once. His record in the playoffs speak for itself. You like Price , who am I to argue . I think Rask is every bit as good  , if not a bit better , because of what he has done in the playoffs.  Cheers Shupe .

[/QUOTE]

Forget it Bees! Shupe won't budge from his "Maritime Stubborness". It took me to move to Alberta to get out of mine. But, I do think that you're under estimating how much of an impact this will have on Price moving forward. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Forget it Bees! Shupe won't budge from his "Maritime Stubborness". It took me to move to Alberta to get out of mine. But, I do think that you're under estimating how much of an impact this will have on Price moving forward. 

[/QUOTE]
    Haha , my wife is from the maritimes , I hear ya , Untill Price shows he can succeed in the playoffs ....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Haha , my wife is from the maritimes , I hear ya , Untill Price shows he can succeed in the playoffs ....

[/QUOTE]
    That's why as A Bruins fan I'm sweating we don't meet them in the 1st couple of rounds. They already gives us fits & that was when Price was plaing just OK against the Bruins. He's been so medicore against the Bruins that Budaj gets the the starts against them now. But, I don't see that happening anymore once Budaj loses against them. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

and what the heck was wrong with Kane? No goals and all penalties Sat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

and was Bergy one of the more dangerous players for Canada today? Took all important faceoffs.... Complete player. Unlike, oh forget it...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[/QUOTE]
    That's why as A Bruins fan I'm sweating we don't meet them in the 1st couple of rounds. 

[/QUOTE]

Nite i always sweat when the B's play Montreal,having Price in net won't change that! Still say Rask can one up him any day of the week,just my opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

And i do know Tuukka's record against the Scabs right now,still like him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:[QUOTE] and what the heck was wrong with Kane? No goals and all penalties Sat.[/QUOTE]

I lost count of how many goals he had on his stick. Kane was the one player in the Olympics that could back the Canadian defense off him because of his hands. I could strangle him but I can't because I enjoy watching him too much. Kane never squeezes the stick like that for Chicago.

Bleh

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]

We as Bruin fans better start to shiver, because I will tell one thing that happened in this tourney that wasn't there before it. Carey Price has FINALLY arrived folks! That's not good news for Bruin fans, or anyone else in the Eastern Conference. The fact that he never got MVP of the tournament was bad enough, but to have Lundqvist beat him in votes for the All-Star team was a total joke! I've always liked Price, but I never liked his play. I was nervous with him in there, but he came thru in a big way. He looked just as calm & cool & played just as well as Rask ever has. It's just as hard to play well when you're facing 18 shots as you are when you're facing 50. Staying focused when you're not busy is tough to do. Carey Price was sensational when he needed to be. Yes his D-men deserve a lot of credit, but when they did break down. And there were times when they did. Price was there. That's what great goalie's do & Carey finally has reached "elite" status. Look out for the Canadiens in this years play-offs. They won't be having any goaltending issues for a long time. 

[/QUOTE]

For some reason -- I have never taken this guy lightly. His performance over the last couple weeks only reinforces my fear.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For some reason -- I have never taken this guy lightly. His performance over the last couple weeks only reinforces my fear.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly! But he never scared me, but the Canadians always do as a whole. Now having him finally find his groove? Just makes things that much more difficult.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Price is still Price, Montreal is still Montreal.  Fear is a little extreme.

I do feel a bit bad for the Swedes, though.  I can imagine how it would play in Canada if the Canadians went without Crosby, Toews, Getzlaf and Tavares, and that's pretty much the Canadian version of Sweden being without Sedin, Zetterberg, Backstrom and ... I'm forgetting one of their injured players.  That's just huge.  As I said on NAS's GDT for the Canada-USA game,  I always prefer it when my team beats the best opposition, not the leftovers of a great team or the underdog who stole a series or game from a better team.  If the Bruins had closed the deal against Chicago last year, I would have been reasonably satisfied that they'd done that by beating the Pens decisively and the Hawks.  Beat the two #1 teams.

And you know, you could say the same about the USA.  Hard to play Canada without Kessel, Kane, van Riemsdyk and ... what? ... oh.  Coulda fooled me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Price is still Price, Montreal is still Montreal.  Fear is a little extreme.

I do feel a bit bad for the Swedes, though.  I can imagine how it would play in Canada if the Canadians went without Crosby, Toews, Getzlaf and Tavares, and that's pretty much the Canadian version of Sweden being without Sedin, Zetterberg, Backstrom and ... I'm forgetting one of their injured players.  That's just huge.  As I said on NAS's GDT for the Canada-USA game,  I always prefer it when my team beats the best opposition, not the leftovers of a great team or the underdog who stole a series or game from a better team.  If the Bruins had closed the deal against Chicago last year, I would have been reasonably satisfied that they'd done that by beating the Pens decisively and the Hawks.  Beat the two #1 teams.

And you know, you could say the same about the USA.  Hard to play Canada without Kessel, Kane, van Riemsdyk and ... what? ... oh.  Coulda fooled me.

[/QUOTE]

Stampkos?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

and was Bergy one of the more dangerous players for Canada today? Took all important faceoffs.... Complete player. Unlike, oh forget it...

[/QUOTE]

Exactly

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Wow, just wow.

Read all the US bashing by our "friends" to the north.

Good bye board, I love my country too much to stay on this board after reading all of that drivel.

Bash the team and the athletes, fine, bash the country, I'm out.

Go Bs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, just wow.

Good bye board, I love my country too much to stay on this board after reading all of that drivel.

Go Bs.

[/QUOTE]

Its mostly light hearted stuff.  Go read what NAS wrote.  Its ok to laugh at yourself a little.  NAS and i were throwing bombs at each other but it was in fun.   We both apologized if anyone was offended.   We did this during world juniors and in 2010.  i love when san nas and others take a few cracks at canada.  I dont take it to heart.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wow, just wow.

Go Bs.

[/QUOTE]

Its mostly light hearted stuff.  Go read what NAS wrote.  Its ok to laugh at yourself a little.  NAS and i were throwing bombs at each other but it was in fun.   We both apologized if anyone was offended.   We did this during world juniors and in 2010.  i love when san nas and others take a few cracks at canada.  I dont take it to heart.  

[/QUOTE]

I guess there's some that don't know how take us sometimes shupe. I consider this place a "dressing room" and there's been some crazy & outlandish stuff said in not just some, but ALL of the dressing rooms I've been in. I played a game for the "Flying Fathers" once & it was an absolute hoot being in there with a bunch of priest talking smack to one another. Some of the stuff they said to one another was unbelievable. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:[QUOTE]

Wow, just wow.

Go Bs. [/QUOTE]

Yep drives good posters right off BDC.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wow, just wow.

Go Bs.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess there's some that don't know how take us sometimes shupe. I consider this place a "dressing room" and there's been some crazy & outlandish stuff said in not just some, but ALL of the dressing rooms I've been in. I played a game for the "Flying Fathers" once & it was an absolute hoot being in there with a bunch of priest talking smack to one another. Some of the stuff they said to one another was unbelievable. 

[/QUOTE]

Normally the best carve is bragging rights.   Walking into a dressing room is exactly what this should be like.   Mind you red would need a seperate changing room bc NAS would be creeping.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Thank you folks, I should have known it was tongue and cheek. I'll try not to take it too seriously and ignore the Incognito/Martin banter from now on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And EVERYONE under the sun has noticed that Kessel hasn't showed up for big games.

EXCEPT YOU

This Olympics proved to be another example.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not a big Kessel fan but he scored 4 goals in the playoffs last year including one in game 7. Are those not considered big games?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wow, just wow.

Go Bs.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Normally the best carve is bragging rights.   Walking into a dressing room is exactly what this should be like.   Mind you red would need a seperate changing room bc NAS would be creeping.  

[/QUOTE]

I bet it would be Red creeping on NAS checking to see if "it's" male or female! Laughing