2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Typical Penguin scum move. 6-0 game decided in the 1st period but Kunitz makes a knee to knee run at an Austrian defensman. Not suprised. 

[/QUOTE]

He doesn't belong on this team to begin with. I hope he's the one who sits the rest of the way. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

You are right though, elimination games produce intense games because no one wants to play the relegation games after that. And who wants to travel that far and come up empty.

no one will watch the relegation games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nothing I enjoy more than watching a hockey game on a split screen when there's some dude doing pirouettes on the other screen.  CBC is awesome.

[/QUOTE]

The CBC is covering ALL of the Olympics. Not just hockey! Patrick Chang had an opportunity to make Canadian history by being the 1st Canadian to win a gold medal in figure skating. I think it was a fine jesture of the CBC to do that. Grow the fawk up! This isn't the World Cup of hockey here! There's more than just hockey going on at these games. The NHL players get their lime light every day. The rest of the nations athletes get to show what they have once every 4 yrs! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Really cool unis for Canada and Austria's look like Canada's 2010 white jerseys.

I might have to join you nite and snag this black jersey with either Bergeron or Doughty on the back.

Nice save Loungo you terd.

[/QUOTE]

Gave up a few juicy rebounds but overall played steady and didn't play a routine shot into a goal.Hard to evaluate the two goalies after these two contests as they weren't tested much.It looks like the US is going with Quick and rightly so,as far as the Canadian goaler from here on out is anyones guess, Babcock's hunch will prevail.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Typical Penguin scum move. 6-0 game decided in the 1st period but Kunitz makes a knee to knee run at an Austrian defensman. Not suprised. 

[/QUOTE]

He doesn't belong on this team to begin with. I hope he's the one who sits the rest of the way. 

[/QUOTE]

Right you are NOB.

And the way the team is setting up they don't even need Crosby. Babcock should seriously think of sitting out both. No joke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right you are NOB.

And the way the team is setting up they don't even need Crosby. Babcock should seriously think of sitting out both. No joke.

[/QUOTE]

Now that would be some bold move!

Not going to happen, though, as Babcock will not leave his crybaby captain out of the lineup, and Cindy will b*tch and moan if he cannot have his buddy Kunitz (who has absolutely no business being on this team) by his side.

And just imagine Babcock leaving both Kunitz and Crosby out of the lineup against Finland, Team Canada losing the game, ending up playing a qualification playoff game, possibly against the USA or Russia, and not advancing to the quarterfinals...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE]You are right though, elimination games produce intense games because no one wants to play the relegation games after that. And who wants to travel that far and come up empty.[/QUOTE]

no one will watch the relegation games.[/QUOTE]

I don't even remember the last time the networks showed them. 

I also do not know if the AHL and/or the NCAA would shutdown for a week. The other alternative is move hockey to the Summer Olympics. That doesn't guarantee the NHL stays in because the NHLPA would probably balk. The summer might be the only alternative for the IIHF and IOC. 

I think Price gets the starts once Canada get to the elimination rounds.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

I love ovi, but where is his head and heart.  [/QUOTE]
    yeah, all those crosby beat downs against ovi were team related.  Crosby wasnt coasting, floating and looking in the glass to see how good he looked. 

My disappointment was in watching a guy i like float around in the first game of the olympics in his home rink.   Did you tape and watch the RussIan game after....i didnt figure you would be watching Russia over your own country.   [/QUOTE]

As stated before, you need to flush your head gear out. Ovechkin was everywhere trying to help his team win. He had a spectacular goal and an assist. I have no idea what games you watched yesterday in comparing the two players.

[/QUOTE]

I didnt compare the 2 players until NOB brought it into the convo(Which is extremely easy to debate from this chair) Im an Ovi fan. Watched him yesterday.   And he floated.  You have your opinion i have mine.   i highly doubt you watched the game and looked at a stat sheet.   

As for crosby, NOB and your hate of everything penguin couldnt be easier to read throughout.  

Crosby has done it all at all levels.   In the biggest of spotlights he wins.  The Golden Goal will be heard by generations.   Im not a fan of his but respect the way he loves the game and what he does off the ice.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nothing I enjoy more than watching a hockey game on a split screen when there's some dude doing pirouettes on the other screen.  CBC is awesome.

[/QUOTE]

The CBC is covering ALL of the Olympics. Not just hockey! Patrick Chang had an opportunity to make Canadian history by being the 1st Canadian to win a gold medal in figure skating. I think it was a fine jesture of the CBC to do that. Grow the fawk up! This isn't the World Cup of hockey here! There's more than just hockey going on at these games. The NHL players get their lime light every day. The rest of the nations athletes get to show what they have once every 4 yrs! 

[/QUOTE]

It was on TSN.  change the channel if you wanna watch.  They said it was on TSN as well.  I tuned into CBC bc i wanted to watch the game.  not figure skating. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Shupe, Malkin won the Conn Smythe when the Penguins won the Cup, not Crosby.

[/QUOTE]

Whats your point.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ovechkin scored and assisted because he played hard. The opposite of what Crosby did in his first game of the tournament. Accusing me of not watching the game because I don't agree with you is Chowdaish.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ovechkin scored and assisted because he played hard. The opposite of what Crosby did in his first game of the tournament. Accusing me of not watching the game because I don't agree with you is Chowdaish.

Did you watch the game?   Or did you look at a score sheet?   Russias best players were the ones we dont hear of, the Dallas kid was Russias best and hardest worker.  Carter had 3 goals today and am ticked bc he now cemented his spot in the lineup.  

I asked a question.  and i didnt start the comparison game.   As a fan of the game and of Ovi he didnt show why he is one of the faces of the game and his home country.  He floated.  Players can float get pts and not play hard.  

As for crosby he didnt have a strong first game.  But ive never seen him float.  And when comparing the two its a landslide win for Crosby.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As for crosby he didnt have a strong first game.  But ive never seen him float.  And when comparing the two its a landslide win for Crosby.  

[/QUOTE]

According to expert Craig Button,Crosby has had two poor games by his own standards, thats the definitive answer. ;-p

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

The summer might be the only alternative for the IIHF and IOC. 

I think Price gets the starts once Canada get to the elimination rounds.

[/QUOTE]

You might be right there, although the NHLPA might balk it also might be as you say,the only alternative. It doesn't seem right to have hockey played at the summer Olympics but if the IIHF & IOC really want it who knows.The players that make the teams wil be the only ones with a short off season and its only once every 4 yrs so the NHLPA might agree.I think what you'll see is a NHL sponsored tourney every 4yrs and the players and the league split the revenue,i can't see both sides saying no to that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to ejacks' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bgrif008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I watched the Russia/Germany womens hockey game and while I admit its pretty bad, it could be better if they played on NHL ice. Olympic ice is ridiculous. Its way too big and pushes the play too far away from the goal and where all the action should be. If the women played on NHL ice, it would make the game look faster and better.....I dont watch any hockey for this reason. I despise the big ice and takes away from the play. It also makes inferior teams stand out more and look as bad as they are. Better teams will utilize the ice more to their advantage. The angles for cutting someone down become exaggerated and the lesser skating team is punished for it. When the olympics were played in Canada they played on NHL ice and it was sooooo much better. F the big ice. Its ridiculous and takes away from how hockey should be.

[/QUOTE]

Whether playing or watching, I'll take the big sheet, any day.  Teams that skate (and pass) better SHOULD be rewarded.

[/QUOTE]

You must like boring hockey then with no hitting whatsoever. Big ice sucks and you have to be one of the few that would rather watch and play hockey on it. It is absolutely the worst.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It was on TSN.  change the channel if you wanna watch.  They said it was on TSN as well.  I tuned into CBC bc i wanted to watch the game.  not figure skating. 

[/QUOTE]

Not every Canadian is rich enough to have Cable to watch TSN shupe. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Patrick Chang is a a Canadian and deserves his fawking limelight across the nation. You're response was one of ignorance and arrogant beyond words! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Shupe, Malkin won the Conn Smythe when the Penguins won the Cup, not Crosby.

[/QUOTE]

Whats your point.  

[/QUOTE]

You said "Crosby in the most important games was the difference maker".  When the Penguins won the Cup, Malkin was the difference maker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anybody watching the game had any interest in watching Chang skate.  I didn't even glance two seconds at that screen and I'm pretty sure you did the same thing.  The play by play stayed with the game, so Chang could've spilled and I wouldn't have noticed.  If CBC wanted people to watch him skate on their network, they could have showed him in between periods.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Parise is skating well.  US is having hard time getting the down low cycle going.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anybody watching the game had any interest in watching Chang skate.  I didn't even glance two seconds at that screen and I'm pretty sure you did the same thing.  The play by play stayed with the game, so Chang could've spilled and I wouldn't have noticed.  If CBC wanted people to watch him skate on their network, they could have showed him in between periods.

[/QUOTE]
    Fine be deliberately obtuse and a pompous prix at the same time good news!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

good PK by USA eariler.....

shiiiiiiit Datsyuk......... 1-0 Russia. BS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Terrible D on that goal. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Keslers ok, good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bim09's comment:[QUOTE]

Parise is skating well.  US is having hard time getting the down low cycle going.[/QUOTE]

Been impressed by Russia's blueline, giving murica no time at all. Phil has been the best player on the US. I'm going to strangle Wheeler if he pulls another Radulov!