2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: 2014 Olympic Hockey Schedule/Thread

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I think Canadian fans are getting a bit riled because they are getting picked at for not having played anybody yet. No reason to get defensive.

Typical.  Canada, a country with nothing going for it but hockey, gets the cake walk to start the tourney, allowing them to work on chemistry while teams like USA and Russia have big tests early.

Slovenia.  LOL Come on.  2,000,000 people in total.  There are more people that play hockey in Canada than there are people in Slovenia.

Typical.

USA USA USA USA USA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

All Canada needs to do is win in regulation manana and they are good to go.

I don't think Rask starts tomorrow.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

The totality of todays events give team USA an edge moving fwd.  that is my opinion.  If russia won 7-0 would it have meant anything?   Or vice versa.  How about if Canada loses tomorrow?  

I know and you know and Don Cherry knows that Canada will beat Finland tomorrow, but if they lost it wouldn't make any difference going into the next round.The bigger question is who will Canada have in net,your boy Price or Luongo? My bet is Luongo.

Unfortunately i think loungo as well.  Im glad you think beating finland is a lock.  I dont think it will be easy.  I think it could be a 3-2 type game.  Finland will be pumped to play us.   For as great as crosby is why is it impossible to find him a winger that he can play with.  They brought his personal winger this time.  Bergie has played well with him and he makes things happen.  Let bergie play there.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I think Canadian fans are getting a bit riled because they are getting picked at for not having played anybody yet. No reason to get defensive.

Typical.  Canada, a country with nothing going for it but hockey, gets the cake walk to start the tourney, allowing them to work on chemistry while teams like USA and Russia have big tests early.

Slovenia.  LOL Come on.  2,000,000 people in total.  There are more people that play hockey in Canada than there are people in Slovenia.

Typical.

USA USA USA USA USA

You realize we are 4th at the olympics. 

Typical.

USA USA USA USA USA

Please let me know how the seedings are picked?   Im pretty sure Canada didnt choose them.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

They won the game.  Proved they could beat the host country who have major fire power, secured an easier first round matchup and still didnt play their best game.   Id say thats a big win.  

They won A game. Not THE GAME! They didn't win anything yet. Right now they have nothing more than Slovakia except points & an opportunity to get more, but they don't have more. Silly to brag about anything at this early junture of the tournament.  What did that mean?

US hanging with Russia on big ice is big. The US has never hung in with any of the big Euro powers on big ice. This also gives a chance at having a bye in the 1st round of elimination.

I would say the US has a better chance tomorrow of getting more points to add to their goal differential than Canada. I know you didn't pick the groupings or matchups so don't get riled up after the US played well against a great team, a host team and Canada hasn't.

[/QUOTE]

Not defensive at all. I just think it's silly to be talking about slaying dragons when there's no celebration after the fact. Where's Canada getting picked at for not playing anyone yet? Is this coming from Fox news, or Peter Gammon? That's the reward you get for being the last Oylmpic champions isn't it? An easier schedule & an easier pool. So we as Canadians have nothing to defend. We're still the Oylmpic Champions until someone else takes it from us! So come on USA slay that DRAGON!! PWWWT!!! 

Typical.

USA USA USA USA USA

I will tell you another thing.  Russian women are easy on my eyes.  Curlers especially.  Giggitty

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Unfortunately i think loungo as well.  Im glad you think beating finland is a lock.  I dont think it will be easy.  I think it could be a 3-2 type game.  Finland will be pumped to play us.   For as great as crosby is why is it impossible to find him a winger that he can play with.  They brought his personal winger this time.  Bergie has played well with him and he makes things happen.  Let bergie play there.  

I thought you might have seen the clip where Ron Maclean asks Cherry about the Finland game and Cherry just rolled his eyes and said Canada will win.It will likely be a close game but i do agree with Don.Bergie has had a great 2 games so far,  Kunitz has not.Wouldn't surprise me to see him sit as Sharp is back in. I have no problem with either goalie going forward as both were steady.If whoever plays against the Finns falters though, the other guy will finish up the Tourney.

•  

Typical.

USA USA USA USA USA

Remember NAS, who brought you "The Trailer Park Boys", PEANUT BUTTER AND JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you might have seen the clip where Ron Maclean asks Cherry about the Finland game and Cherry just rolled his eyes and said Canada will win.It will likely be a close game but i do agree with Don.Bergie has had a great 2 games so far,  Kunitz has not.Wouldn't surprise me to see him sit as Sharp is back in. I have no problem with either goalie going forward as both were steady.If whoever plays against the Finns falters though, the other guy will finish up the Tourney.

I dont think kunitz comes out.  But why not slot bergie on there.  He wont care that hes playing with sid bc bergie is a leader as well.  bergie will make sonething happen.   I dont know where sharp will go as carter toews marleau played so well.  I wish lucic was there.   

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

75% of your country is covered in snow for 12 months of the year.  In many places, they don't have cars (Ottawa, Winnipeg), so they have to ski everywhere they go.

Of course you'll be good at those sports.  It would be like the USA participating in an event called "Business Relay".  While Steven the Snowman is cross country skiing and shooting dinner, Bobby the Businessman is busy making millions of dollars.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

An easier schedule & an easier pool. So we as Canadians have nothing to defend. We're still the Oylmpic Champions until someone else takes it from us! So come on USA slay that DRAGON!!

All over twitter and hfboards as they tried to troll the Russia-US game thread. Canadian fans were quickly reminded who they haven't played yet in this Olympics. No matter how you spin in it, today was a big step for the US.

Thanks for confirming that you are being defensive. Good luck against your first real Olympic test tomorrow.

•  

I dont think kunitz comes out.  But why not slot bergie on there.  He wont care that hes playing with sid bc bergie is a leader as well.  bergie will make sonething happen.   I dont know where sharp will go as carter toews marleau played so well.  I wish lucic was there.   

Lucic would have thrived in Russia.I guess Sharp goes back in for Duchesne? I thought Duchesne played well,great speed but my guess is as good as yours.The Bergie/Tavares/Benn line has been playing well so i don't see them getting split up.

Not defensive at all. I just think it's silly to be talking about slaying dragons when there's no celebration after the fact. Where's Canada getting picked at for not playing anyone yet? Is this coming from Fox news, or Peter Gammon? That's the reward you get for being the last Oylmpic champions isn't it? An easier schedule & an easier pool. So we as Canadians have nothing to defend. We're still the Oylmpic Champions until someone else takes it from us! So come on USA slay that DRAGON!! PWWWT!!! 

The USA just destroyed the Russian Machine.  Canada barely squeaked by Latvia and needed a third period saving grace hat trick to take out SLOVENIA.

Bunch of selfish, look at me look at me players while USA Hockey gelled from day one.

Of course you'll be good at those sports.  It would be like the USA participating in an event called "Business Relay".  While Steven the Snowman is cross country skiing and shooting dinner, Bobby the Businessman is busy making millions of dollars.

At least our elections don't take 2 yrs and millions of dollars, we get er' done in a couple weeks and the only delay is waiting for the finals votes to be brought in by dog sled.

The USA just destroyed the Russian Machine.  Canada barely squeaked by Latvia and needed a third period saving grace hat trick to take out SLOVENIA.

Bunch of selfish, look at me look at me players while USA Hockey gelled from day one.

Get off the booze.  Slovenia is in your division.  Slovenia also beat the checz.  

At least our elections don't take 2 yrs and millions Billions of dollars, we get er' done in a couple weeks.

Fixed it for you.

75% of your country is covered in snow for 12 months of the year.  In many places, they don't have cars (Ottawa, Winnipeg), so they have to ski everywhere they go.

And 75% of you Country doesnt know where Canada is.   You say we dont win anything, then go into corp america.  Go bomb some country you have no business in.   

PSBurp. 

At least our elections don't take 2 yrs and millions of dollars, we get er' done in a couple weeks and the only delay is waiting for the finals votes to be brought in by dog sled.

Your "elections".  LOL  Let's count the votes to see who the next do-nothing servant to the Queen Mother will be.

Meanwhile, the USA is busy winning Olympic gold in the summer and the winter!

And 75% of you Country doesnt know where Canada is.   You say we dont win anything, then go into corp america.  Go bomb some country you have no business in.   

PS.  Burp. 

If there is oil in a country, we have business there.

Watch your back, Canada.  That soft border is only as strong as the present oil supply coming in.

PS.  Bleeeeeeeeeeeeech

Your "elections".  LOL  Let's count the votes to see who the next do-nothing servant to the Queen Mother will be.

Meanwhile, the USA is busy winning Olympic gold in the summer and the winter!

Just can hide the roids better.  

You are getting egg throwing Bieber back...HA!

Next up Ted Cruz!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Lake Placid was a long time ago wasn't that the last time Americans won the gold.LOL

At least our elections don't take 2 yrs and millions Billions of dollars, we get er' done in a couple weeks.

Fixed it for you.

Thanks San,not quite up to date on my election costs!

• Sections
    Shortcuts