2014 Team Canada Info

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

2014 Team Canada Info

Working tonight in a sector where a few hotels are. Ran ito a Team Canada hockey offiical (showed me some credentials) he had some Team Canada jerseys that he told me arent being released until November 1st. I really like the Red one, especiallyhow it has the maple leaf coming out of the collar on the shoulders. So he gave me some info, I hate to do this, not my style but I'll pass along what he told me, some interesting tid-bits. Keep in mind, an injury could come, and he also pointed out, some players have in their contracts a clause should anything happen to them in a non NHL event. Here they are.

1. Bergeron, obviously made the team.

2. Lucic and Marchand did not, but they are on the taxi squad.

3. Same with St. Louis.

4. Hall, Eberle and Thornton made the team.

5. Talk right now is Luongo would be starting goalie. That could change, but right now it's him.

6. Some point last year Tyler Seguin was involved in a car accident in the Toronto area and was driving while intoxicated..It was kept hush, he made no mention of the Police but more the Fire Dept....Not sure how that works up there.

Again, guy had credentials he showed me, was at the B's-Wings game tonight and I got to talking to thim. Just sharing with you fellas what he told me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: 2014 Team Canada Info

thanks kel. interesting stuff. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Glad you were not your usual self and posted.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

St. Louis got shafted.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Was Horton's wife under the dashboard?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes Loungo will be in net!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Was Horton's wife under the dashboard?

ouch !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

good scoop. 

i cant see st louis not making it.  Especially if thornton makes it.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

good scoop. 

I've got to figure Yzerman still plans to go with a player or 2 that happens to be playing well at tourney time as opposed to already having a roster set in stone. Hypothetically, it would be hard to pass up a guy like Spezza if he was somehow the leading scorer in the NHL at the time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

good scoop. 

I've got to figure Yzerman still plans to go with a player or 2 that happens to be playing well at tourney time as opposed to already having a roster set in stone. Hypothetically, it would be hard to pass up a guy like Spezza if he was somehow the leading scorer in the NHL at the time.

[/QUOTE]

Im thinking the same.  If lucic or marchand are ripping it up or a guy like benn you gotta think he will switch it up.  People seem to think Nash is a lock.  I personally don't.  I realize he was one of the best fwds at the last olympics.   Logan couture is so much better at this stage at all areas of the game.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

good scoop. 

[/QUOTE]

or if lucic had 20 goals at the break. not completely out of the realm of possibility. 

Sections
Shortcuts