2014 UFA's - Who do you want?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

2014 UFA's - Who do you want?

1. Kullimen

2. Khudobin

My easy picks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: 2014 UFA's - Who do you want?

In response to bruinsGENIUS' comment:

1. Kullimen

2. Khudobin

My easy picks.

1. Kulemin

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

nobody. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Andrew MacDonald of the Islanders is a premium shot blocking defenseman. PC has my pemission to get him (maybe even before the trade deadline this season).

The following stat taken from Yahoo NHL demonstrates just how good MacDonald ranks in shot blocking in the NHL ... he's #1:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

Andrew MacDonald of the Islanders is a premium shot blocking defenseman. PC has my pemission to get him (maybe even before the trade deadline this season).

The following stat taken from Yahoo NHL demonstrates MacDonald's shot blocking rank in the NHL ... he's #1:

Hes gonna want girardi money.  Pass.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

If MacDonald wants Girardi money, the Islanders will probably want to trade him this year. He could be a decent rental and exactly what the Bruins need for their PK.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

The following stat taken from Yahoo NHL demonstrates MacDonald's shot blocking rank in the NHL ... he's #1:

Hes gonna want girardi money.  Pass.  

I don't think he's worth Gerardi money. Probably not too much less but less. Gerardi is bigger, more physical and a better all around defender, even if McDonald blocks more shots. I think PC would love to acquire Mcdonald before the trade deadline but reports sound like the asking price is absurd right now. Would the B's pursue him as a UFA? They will undoubtedly talk to his agent of course. Why not? Could they fit him in under the cap? Maybe. Depends on the dough and what all else they do with their $ but McDonald here would be a good fit and I think they're interested.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I wouldnt pass on Mcdonald he can be a difference maker for years to come and i personally wouldnt mind giving up a top prospect.  On the D miller is odd man out anyways when seids comes back next year and bartowski is wanted by many teams.

Up front heres that same problem over and over, too many centermen,which leaves kelly and campbell  available if the Bs want spooner in next year. Lets face it bergeron and krecji are here for awhile and again as i mentioned before, spooner will be a 3rd liner if they dont trade him. I look at next year as important to any trades this year and id luv to see the Bs go after Vanek

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

MacDonald is no Girardi... but would make a serviceable rental.

I find it hard to believe PC wouldn't deal a first round pick... it would just be another Zach Hamill anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The following stat taken from Yahoo NHL demonstartes just how good MacDonald ranks in shot blocking in the NHL ... he's #1:

Depending on what happens at the deadline, I dont think theyll need a defenseman in the off-season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

does MacDonald do more than just block shots?....  maybe he'll be less effective once he leaves Long Island because he might not see as much rubber coming at him....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If MacDonald wants Girardi money, the Islanders will probably want to trade him this year. He could be a decent rental and exactly what the Bruins need for their PK.

Douglas Murray was traded for 2 second round picks i believe.  As a rental hes gonna cost a lot.  I dont wanna give that up for a rental.   Esp for McD.  if it for the right type of player im fine.  McD isnt that guy for me. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

does MacDonald do more than just block shots?....  maybe he'll be less effective once he leaves Long Island because he might not see as much rubber coming at him....

This is my point as well. He's a little more rounded but not worth the money and certainly not worth taking a spot over Krug,Hamilton or Bartkowski.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

On the D miller is odd man out anyways when seids comes back next year and bartowski is wanted by many teams.

If you add the likes of MacDonald, I would say Bartkowski and McQuaid are the odd men out.

Chara - Hamilton

Seidenberg - MacDonald

Boychuk - Krug

Miller (7th D)

I like that corps a heck of a lot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

On the D miller is odd man out anyways when seids comes back next year and bartowski is wanted by many teams.

If you add the likes of MacDonald, I would say Bartkowski and McQuaid are the odd men out.

Chara - Hamilton

Seidenberg - MacDonald

Boychuk - Krug

Miller (7th D)

Seidz isnt coming back this year.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Chara - Hamilton

Seidenberg - MacDonald

Boychuk - Krug

Miller (7th D)

[/QUOTE]

Seidz isnt coming back this year.   

[/QUOTE]

Yep, definitely not. That lineup is next year, sans Bartkowski (trade bait this year) and McQuaid (thanks for the toughness, but the bag of pucks was needed).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

I just don't get the infatuation with the idea of adding players for the sake of it. PC is no s**muck, he won't give up anything of worth unless what's coming back is of equal (or better) value. C'mon people, it's a good team, don't mess too much with it. If it's not this year, it's the next one or the year after.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Al-Samarraie's comment:

I just don't get the infatuation with the idea of adding players for the sake of it. PC is no s**muck, he won't give up anything of worth unless what's coming back is of equal (or better) value. C'mon people, it's a good team, don't mess too much with it. If it's not this year, it's the next one or the year after.

Chara will be that much older.   I wanna win this year while these guys are in their primes and while we are an elite team.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Al I think this is about UFA signings not trades. The B's have three UFA's that may have to be replaced - Iginla, Thornton and Johnson. Thornton and Johnson can likely be replaced through the system. If Iginla isn't re-signed, then theUFA market may be the best way to replace him. Vrbata or Vanek (not sure if he can play his off side) could be UFA options to replace him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Also if they don't think either Subban or Svedberg are ready for the backup job, Greiss, Peters and Montoya could allbe reasonable UFA signings for the backup job.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Al I think this is about UFA signings not trades. The B's have three UFA's that may have to be replaced - Iginla, Thornton and Johnson. Thornton and Johnson can likely be replaced through the system. If Iginla isn't re-signed, then theUFA market may be the best way to replace him. Vrbata or Vanek (not sure if he can play his off side) could be UFA options to replace him.

Im hoping iggy resigns for less.  ST is unfortunately is gonna be offered a low end deal to come back.   As for a backup tender i like your options.   I think Subban should get it though.   

I have always liked Cammalleri if iggy walks.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Im hoping iggy resigns for less.  ST is unfortunately is gonna be offered a low end deal to come back.   As for a backup tender i like your options.   I think Subban should get it though.   

No way for Cammellri....once a diving hab always a hab for me....(the only one that gets a pass for me is Julien)....and please no Robidas either.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:

No way for Cammellri....once a diving hab always a hab for me....(the only one that gets a pass for me is Julien)....and please no Robidas either.....

I'm not to keen on Cammalleri either, i think signing Iginla to a team friendly deal is ok.Thats providing he wants to and also how the B's do in the playoffs.Not necessarily that the B's win it all,which is very possible in my mind,but that they make it to the ECF and think they can make a go of it again next year,because lets face it,thats all Iginla has yet to accomplish.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i hope iggy comes back too. I want him to transition from a first line winger to the mark recchi role. I want him to retire in boston. Having said that I also want this to be his last contract north of 5 million

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There are 300 punching bags in the AHL that could take that spot for $500K less.

Or just go with BOBBY ROBINS!

Sections
Shortcuts