2=1 Should Have Been 5-0

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

2=1 Should Have Been 5-0

What an ugly game by the B's.  I hate losing to JT....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Re: 2=1 Should Have Been 5-0

Meh, not worried about it. The B's will be hoisting the cup once again this June boys. Plus Joe Thahnton is a loosah.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Sharks played a great game.  Their backchecking was relentless which really put a damper on the B's neutral zone play and offensive chances.  They certainly wanted it more than the B's did IMO.  TT was very good, pretty much the lone bright light of the night.  I'll chalk this one up to jet lag.  Next.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: 2=1 Should Have Been 5-0:
    [QUOTE]Sharks played a great game.  Their backchecking was relentless which really put a damper on the B's neutral zone play and offensive chances.  They certainly wanted it more than the B's did IMO.  TT was very good, pretty much the lone bright light of the night.  I'll chalk this one up to jet lag.  Next.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Hang, I only watched the first period, but from the "get-go" the sharks were very impressive with the speed and effort they brought to the backcheck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

In order to win consistantly the Bruins have to play 60 minute hockey. But somebody in the locker room has to take charge and stir up these guys to  get that attitude to take hold. That is what Mark Recchi did for the Bruins. They also  need another good big foreward who can really thump the opposition to go with Lucic. Horton may or not ever play again so management needs to look at that scenario.  Rolston still has what it takes and is a  legitimate threat to score or make a scoring play when he is on the ice.  Now if he can also become the type of presence that Recchi became then things should become more consistant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

They wanted it more, and needed a win more than the B's did

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

San Jose always beats Boston, nothing new here. Glad TT played well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsInSeven. Show BruinsInSeven's posts

Yeah they lost but saying it should have been 5-0? Come on now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]THe offense was putrid tonight and TT made some big saves to keep it close.   The odd thing is that I think all top 8-9 seeds in the West can beat the Bs on any given night, the West is that good.  The only 2 teams that can compete with the West are PIT and NYR.  Dare I say it?  The Bs aren't "tough" enough.  And I don't mean "fight" tough; I mean "winning body position and puck battles" tough This squad is just can't build on anything.  And maybe they simply peaked in the fall, and outside of kicking the Leafs around, this is about what they are, a 500 team.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Disagree.  I believe the probable Stanley Cup winner is coming out of the east this year with NYR and Pit being the chief contenders, the biggest contender in the west is the Blues.  I think this Bruins team could beat the Kings right now which is not saying a lot for the Kings.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]      In order to win consistantly the Bruins have to play 60 minute hockey. But somebody in the locker room has to take charge and stir up these guys to  get that attitude to take hold. That is what Mark Recchi did for the Bruins. They also  need another good big foreward who can really thump the opposition to go with Lucic. Horton may or not ever play again so management needs to look at that scenario.  Rolston still has what it takes and is a  legitimate threat to score or make a scoring play when he is on the ice.  Now if he can also become the type of presence that Recchi became then things should become more consistant.
    Posted by shortpops[/QUOTE]

Unfair to expect or ask Rolston to be Recchi - Recchi will be a first-ballot (unanimous?) Hall of Famer with 2 Cup wins before he arrived in Boston. The leadership required for consistency and 60-minute efforts moving towards and into the playoffs has to come from the guys who hoisted the Cup last June ... if they want it again.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2=1 Should Have Been 5-0 : You're probbly right.  Especially the way Pit is playing right now?  Clicking on all cylinders.  
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

After tonight's 4-2 win v LA I'm more convinced that the Cup winner will come out of the east this year.  IF the Bruins can get out of the east, they have a pretty decent chance of taking it in the finals.

That is a big IF.  Rangers and Pens are going to be difficult to get past.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts