22 = no fire

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: 22 = no fire

By all accounts Kulnikov ( spelling ? ) is not a dirty player and this is not his style of play . While the check was borderline as Marchand was off balance and falling down there is no reason for Thornton to beat the tar out of Kulnikov to make sure he realizes the B's didn't like it . Number one its not like Kulnikov goes around throwing dirty checks ala Matt Cooke and needs to be toned down so to speak . Number two , Kulnikov is not a fighter and would likely turtle , then go to the bench and wonder " what was that all about ? ", " yeesh " .Thornton would show his teammates absolutely nothing by laying the smack down on Kulnikov other than " man can Shawn ever beat down passive russians ".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

and while we're at it, the Bruins have got to take a look at their media relations person or whomever thought it would be cute/funny or whatever to have Lucic do that 'Advice For The Lovelorn" thing. That is wrong - and not for reasons that you might think - to me; it's sloppy, it's 'taking-your-eye-off-the-prize kinda stuff, it looks too self (team) satisfied,  too comfortable. I don't blame Lucic, these hockey players do what they're asked and do what they're told when it comes to media relations. To me, it's a quality control issue.

Lucic's image and attitiude and mystique and, most importantly, hunger should be better protected, guarded like a state secret, all Bruins for that matter.

Cheese kills

a little quality control, please.

Same goes for those clunky Dunkin Donuts things Seguin's doing. I know he's getting paid, but God, doesn't he or Chiarelli or Cam have some kinda final edit approval?! (blech!).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 22 = no fire:
    [QUOTE]and while we're at it, the Bruins have got to take a look at their media relations person or whomever thought it would be cute/funny or whatever to have Lucic do that 'Advice For The Lovelorn" thing. That is wrong - and not for reasons that you might think - to me; it's sloppy, it's 'taking-your-eye-off-the-prize kinda stuff, it looks too self (team) satisfied,  too comfortable. I don't blame Lucic, these hockey players do what they're asked and do what they're told when it comes to media relations. To me, it's a quality control issue. Lucic's image and attitiude and mystique and, most importantly, hunger should be better protected, guarded like a state secret, all Bruins for that matter. Cheese kills a little quality control, please. Same goes for those clunky Dunkin Donuts things Seguin's doing. I know he's getting paid, but God, doesn't he or Chiarelli or Cam have some kinda final edit approval?! (blech!).
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    Is that where we are now.....complaining about commercials  that Bruins appear in?I thought some of the fans were hard to please but this is too much.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

It's all related 'dazaruchi', don't take it personally.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]and while we're at it, the Bruins have got to take a look at their media relations person or whomever thought it would be cute/funny or whatever to have Lucic do that 'Advice For The Lovelorn" thing. That is wrong - and not for reasons that you might think - to me; it's sloppy, it's 'taking-your-eye-off-the-prize kinda stuff, it looks too self (team) satisfied,  too comfortable. I don't blame Lucic, these hockey players do what they're asked and do what they're told when it comes to media relations. To me, it's a quality control issue. Lucic's image and attitiude and mystique and, most importantly, hunger should be better protected, guarded like a state secret, all Bruins for that matter. Cheese kills a little quality control, please. Same goes for those clunky Dunkin Donuts things Seguin's doing. I know he's getting paid, but God, doesn't he or Chiarelli or Cam have some kinda final edit approval?! (blech!).
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

Hell yes. These guys should be thinking about playing hockey every waking moment of every day. When not at the Garden, they should be locked in closets. 

Cripes, Alex Ovechkin does cheesey used-car ads. Pavel Datsyuk does a barely intelligible ad for Lasik surgery that Red Wings fans think is hilarious, Sidney Crosby takes shots at his mom's dryer, Jonathan Toews shows up at the MTV Awards (or whatever it was... I saw some hideously awful video of him on stage somewhere). And speaking of the Blackhawks, you should take a gander at some of the unbelievably silly videos on their website. Somehow they managed to hold on to their "mystique" last year despite all that. 

They're entertainers, not soldiers. Professional sports are meant to be fun. It's not a matter of life and death, for heaven's sake.

And as for the hit on Marchand, meh. He was rattled, then was fine after a minute on the bench. I for one am not in the "OMG, one of our guys got hit, KILL!" It's a rough game. Realize the situation (late in the game, Bruins up by one), take the penalty and drive a stake in the opposition's heart by scoring the insurance goal and winning the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 22 = no fire :  Realize the situation (late in the game, Bruins up by one), take the penalty and drive a stake in the opposition's heart by scoring the insurance goal and winning the game.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

If it were only one goal, I might agree.  The Bruins were up by two.

(feel free to check your facts befo...oh wait, it's Duinne. Forget it.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]It's all related 'dazaruchi', don't take it personally.
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    Related to what?And I'm not taking it personally.....no one asks me for advice about their love life.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Another part is being a deterrent.  "Oh man, I'm not going to hit anyone tonight.  The last time guy who threw a borderline check on a Bruin got his nose broken by Thornton.  Forget that."

Trevor Gillies totally beat up jared boll the other night for a sketchy hit on tavares.
    That what you mean?