24/7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

24/7

Suprised there hasnt been a thread on this. I love it. Neely said on 98.5 that the Bruins have indicated to the league that they would be interested in participating in this next year. I'm guessing if they do they would have to be the road team and I'm gussing it would have to be in Detroit. Obviously no Canada team can be in it since NBC shows it.

One thing that jumps out at me is how come TSN, CBC or even the NHL Network havent jumped on one and do it the same way? Say you get Montreal-Toronto to host an outdoor game and have a 24/7 of their own? They'd get huge ratings up in Canada for that.  How come no outdoor game this year like Cal-Habs last year?
    Anyways, I'd love to see how Julien is behind closed doors. Torterella-Boudreau were obviously hits and not just because of the f-bombs. They got personalitys as well.
    Favorite moment so far was when Sesito was taunting the Rangers bench and Richards pointed out how he has one game in the NHL and it was a fantasy camp for him. I laughed out loud at that one. The exchange betwenn Giroux and Ott was pretty funny as well. Would love to see the bruins in it and an all Canadien version as well. Cheers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Re: 24/7

As as follow up regarding 24/7 Kelvana, do you know why they are muting the cussing this year?? I thought that was a big part of giving an honest portrayal and depicting the emotions in sport. Very disappointed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: 24/7:
    [QUOTE]As as follow up regarding 24/7 Kelvana, do you know why they are muting the cussing this year?? I thought that was a big part of giving an honest portrayal and depicting the emotions in sport. Very disappointed.
    Posted by Al-Samarraie[/QUOTE]

They only mute the cussing when you watch it during the day..If you watch the live one, a repeat at night or on demand you'll get all the cussing you want. It's F**king great!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I personally think some of the steam is coming outta these out door games.  I definitely dont want two.  I think Montreal/Boston in Montreal would be awesome.  Maybe have it during their winter carnival. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

ahem

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a68a66a6b-b942-4f34-8c1d-caed3e58d7a3

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a3e45eef7-7269-46e0-9dd0-e2ff65ee7b87

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The problem with someone else doing a 24/7 type of thing is that mostly everybody else is horrible at doing these things.

HBO does a really good job with this stuff, the cinematography, the host, the editing the everything.

Other people who have tried doing the 24x7 kind of thing look like rank amateurs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I personally think some of the steam is coming outta these out door games.  I definitely dont want two.  I think Montreal/Boston in Montreal would be awesome.  Maybe have it during their winter carnival. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Where in Montreal ?  they have no outdoor stadium that can hold more tha 25thousand.
    The stadium the Expos played is closed with a roof. Boring.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 24/7 : Where in Montreal ?  they have no outdoor stadium that can hold more tha 25thousand. The stadium the Expos played is closed with a roof. Boring.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Whatever happened to Jarry Park?  Didn't that hold like 35k?

I googled and it looks like its used for tennis now, but could it be still used?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Thanks Kelvana, you're right. I had DVR'd them all as I was out of the country and just watched them all. The first one must have been taped as a re-run during the day, all the other ones were un-edited.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

As most of you know, I live in Central America and they are obviously not showing it here. Anybody have any link where I can watch it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]The problem with someone else doing a 24/7 type of thing is that mostly everybody else is horrible at doing these things. HBO does a really good job with this stuff, the cinematography, the host, the editing the everything. Other people who have tried doing the 24x7 kind of thing look like rank amateurs.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Like "Oil Change" on the NHL network...?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 24/7 : Like "Oil Change" on the NHL network...?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I love Oil Change, they've done a fantastic job with it. NHL 36 could be better though. Hopefully they do a better job with the Bergy episode tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 24/7 : I love Oil Change, they've done a fantastic job with it. NHL 36 could be better though. Hopefully they do a better job with the Bergy episode tonight.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I agree . It's very well done.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 24/7 : Whatever happened to Jarry Park?  Didn't that hold like 35k? I googled and it looks like its used for tennis now, but could it be still used?

Doubt it - no room to put in expanded temporary seating, and most of the old 28,000 seats are gone. Percival would be a better option, but that only holds 25,000 and they'd have to bring in a huge amount of temporary bleachers.
    Right now there are only about 5 stadiums in Canada that could host this kind of game - MacMahon in Calgary, Commonwealth in Edmonton, Taylor Field in Regina, Ivor Wynn in Hamilton, and the new Blue Bombers stadium opening this spring in Winnipeg. Everywhere else is either not big enough or is a dome. With their temporary seating, Empire Stadium in Vancouver could be big enough, but they don't have the weather for an outdoor game (unless you want all the players to be wearing snorkels)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 24/7 : Like "Oil Change" on the NHL network...?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Well, I did say;
    The problem with someone else doing a 24/7 type of thing is that mostly everybody else is horrible at doing these things.

Oil change was good, but HBO did it better.

I would so love to see them cover the Bruins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

24/7 is just a reality TV show.

I dislike reality TV.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I don't believe you'll see any Canadian team in the Winter Classic because NBC doesn't want to lose an American market.  I think you'll see the B's play at Detroit next season. 

I think the best matchup would have been Boston vs NYR at Yankee Stadium.  But with the Rangers just in it, it won't happen for a while.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]24/7 is just a reality TV show. I dislike reality TV.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

OK, specifically why?

I dislike reality TV.  Actually I hate reality tv.  For all I've seen it's a bunch of dysfunctional people with enormous emotional and psychological issues and huge personality conflicts as well.  It's disgusting.  It's a freak show.

And why I like 24/7.  It gives me a glimpse of the NHL that I wasn't aware of.  I gain insight into parts of the game that you can't see/hear from the stands.

It is the game, but from another perspective.

What I've learned:
    What room mates on the road really mean.
    How players handle injuries, and how the coaching and medical staff handle injuries.
    How the coaches relate to their players, is it adversarial, is it patronizing, is it mentoring?
    The level of emotional commitment players have to the game and winning and losing.
    The coach's speaches between periods and how players react to it.
    And a lot of stuff like that, it is the game, it is all part of the game you don't normally get to see.

I get excited when I see new stuff like equipment and sticks, and I was surprised to see the pros say "hey, these new gloves are nice."  I thought it would be like me taking a pen from the office supply room - not exciting.  It's enlightening to see that players get a kick out of the same stuff I do.

At one point during the winter classic the Flyers talked about how they would celebrate their next goal, that they would do the Anisimov gun shooting thing.  And they predicted a line brawl and said who they would grab when it happened.  Right there I knew there was trouble - they lost focus.

It's subtle, it's not the reality tv of a complete meltdown and bursting into tears or a fistfight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 24/7 : OK, specifically why? I dislike reality TV.  Actually I hate reality tv.  For all I've seen it's a bunch of dysfunctional people with enormous emotional and psychological issues and huge personality conflicts as well.  It's disgusting.  It's a freak show. And why I like 24/7.  It gives me a glimpse of the NHL that I wasn't aware of.  I gain insight into parts of the game that you can't see/hear from the stands. It is the game, but from another perspective. What I've learned: What room mates on the road really mean. How players handle injuries, and how the coaching and medical staff handle injuries. How the coaches relate to their players, is it adversarial, is it patronizing, is it mentoring? The level of emotional commitment players have to the game and winning and losing. The coach's speaches between periods and how players react to it. And a lot of stuff like that, it is the game, it is all part of the game you don't normally get to see. I get excited when I see new stuff like equipment and sticks, and I was surprised to see the pros say "hey, these new gloves are nice."  I thought it would be like me taking a pen from the office supply room - not exciting.  It's enlightening to see that players get a kick out of the same stuff I do. At one point during the winter classic the Flyers talked about how they would celebrate their next goal, that they would do the Anisimov gun shooting thing.  And they predicted a line brawl and said who they would grab when it happened.  Right there I knew there was trouble - they lost focus. It's subtle, it's not the reality tv of a complete meltdown and bursting into tears or a fistfight.

Great post ! How often do we as fans get to see the behind the scenes stuff or what's being said while the game is going on ? 24/7 is informative. I love it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I feel like it fits more into the category of a documentary than reality TV.

I love it!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I feel like it fits more into the category of a documentary than reality TV. I love it!
    Posted by matttt87[/QUOTE]

That's spot on.  It is a documentary and NOT reality tv.

When Jagr got hurt he motioned for them to turn the camera off in the training room.

They did with no further comment.