2nd line back to being the 1st

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

2nd line back to being the 1st

When the season started it was pretty clear that the Krecji line was our "scoring line" and again, like last year it is Bergeron's line that is carrying this team offensively.  Smith and Marchand now the top two scorers on the team by a couple of goals and crickets coming from Krecji & Co.

If Krecji weren't so darn good in the playoffs I would be questioning his value as our #1C for the long term.  We passed on Seguin to keep Krecji in place, Spooner & Koko are going to be our next two up-and-comers that potentially have the talent to play as a top 6 centers (no guarantees).  

Bergeron isn't going anywhere, so that's a non-starter.

So, how long do the B's stick with Krecji as our offensive leader.  Is 65pts a year good enough?  What if he underperforms in the next playoffs?

At some point we have to take his shortcomings into consideration.  Right now if anybody says a negative word, the (somewhat warranted) response is immediately, "look what he did in the playoffs!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: 2nd line back to being the 1st

There is absolutely no conceiveable reason to think the bruins made a choice between keeping seguin and keeping krejci.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is absolutely no conceiveable reason to think the bruins made a choice between keeping seguin and keeping krejci.

[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding?  Seguin was center, who had to play on the wing in Boston for the foreseeable future.  If you think that didn't factor into managements decision to let him go then I'll have what your smoking.

Think Seguin could score 68 pts as the 1st line center with as good a +/- as krecji?  

You really think it was what they televised?  

One of my main issues with these boards is the know-it-all-a-holes that won't even respond to somebody's post if you aren't one of the 12 or so people to post on this site --- so thanks for at least responding

I think my point remains the same however.  Krecji is a 65-70 pt per year 1st line center.  At what point do we CONSIDER an upgrade?  Or is it the Bruins system that dictates that no player on this team will score more than 70 and Krecji would be an 80-90 pt guy elsewhere?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Yawn. Not worth my time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

DK is a stud.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I look at PB and DK as 1a and 1b OR 1b and 1a.

No need to even consider 'upgrading' the first two center positions.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts