3 fights at once to start the Rangers-Devils game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

3 fights at once to start the Rangers-Devils game

Carter cut badly and now a shovel to get the blood off the ice. Video to follow later with Torts screaming at DeBoer, Doc Emrick mis-pronouncing names and McGuire screaming like a girl....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: 3 fights at once to start the Rangers-Devils game

shoot !  I sould have DVRd it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

That's alright Legion. You can get the highlights on hockeyfights.com later tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Recording as we speak. I'm sure in the intermission they'll show some.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to 3 fights at once to start the Rangers-Devils game:
    [QUOTE]Carter cut badly and now a shovel to get the blood off the ice. Video to follow later with Torts screaming at DeBoer, Doc Emrick mis-pronouncing names and McGuire screaming like a girl....
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Bickel vs Carter the only mismatch. Carter actually drew first blood but yielded a few ounces more than Bickel in the final analysis. 

Regarding Emrick -- I know I'm a minority on this one but he is a student of the game and does so much away from the rink to promote this great game. You don't win the Lester Patrick Award (2004), the Foster Hewitt Memorial Award (2008) and the first member of the media to be inducted into the U. S. Hockey Hall of Fame (2011) -- by being mediocre. It's for the same reason he's the usually the #1 pick by networks to call the biggest games during the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I was making fun of Emrick but I'm actually one of the few on here who defends him when posters moan about the NBC games that he announces. Doc doesn't mis-pronounce names because he is dumb or old it is because he has a hard time seeing the players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/111056

Ryan Carter vs. Stu Bickel

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/111058

Boulton vs. Rupp

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/111057

Cam Jansen vs. Brandon Prust

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Haven't seem something like that in a long time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"Video to follow later with Torts screaming at DeBoer, Doc Emrick mis-pronouncing names and McGuire screaming like a girl...."

...who needs the video? 19 words is worth a thousand pictures. Pure poetry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I hope the Rangers keep this up.  They will be wasted for the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Imagine if these two met in the first round? Neither team would survive!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: 3 fights at once to start the Rangers-Devils game:
    [QUOTE]Imagine if these two met in the first round? Neither team would survive!!!
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

During the HBO thing I heard them goofing on the ice about a line brawl and deciding who would take who.

If I were Torts I would have been all over that then - focus on playing hockey you idiots.  You're leading the west, you don't have to prove anything to anyone except for the scoreboard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Imagine if these two met in the first round? Neither team would survive!!!

All the better for the next team that faces the winner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 fights at once to start the Rangers-Devils game : During the HBO thing I heard them goofing on the ice about a line brawl and deciding who would take who. If I were Torts I would have been all over that then - focus on playing hockey you idiots.  You're leading the west, you don't have to prove anything to anyone except for the scoreboard.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

No joke I guess. NYR has to learn to think like a top contender and not get sucked into NJ's game plan. That said, they still won the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 fights at once to start the Rangers-Devils game : All the better for the next team that faces the winner.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Maybe not. Look at the B's last year. Eeked out a first round, emotional grinding win against their hated rivals which only gave them confidence and the will to continue.

I would rather the B's face NJ if they had to play one of them. they just can't seem to beat NYR for whatever reason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Why didn't the Rangers do this against the Penguins?

Do they play again?

Punch (and knock) yourselves out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 fights at once to start the Rangers-Devils game : No joke I guess. NYR has to learn to think like a top contender and not get sucked into NJ's game plan. That said, they still won the game.

True that, but I wonder about a lack of discipline.  Remember when Chara jurt his hand a few years ago when he fought (I forget who)?   

He was nursing that hand for about the whole season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 fights at once to start the Rangers-Devils game : True that, but I wonder about a lack of discipline.  Remember when Chara jurt his hand a few years ago when he fought (I forget who)?    He was nursing that hand for about the whole season.

I do and it took away a main weapon in his arsenal....the fear of him killing you if you get him mad!!!

True enough. To be fair, NYR do have the pugilists to do the dirty work. They do lead the league in fights. But I agree it may be a discipline thing. If that is true then that may well be their achilles heel. As I mentioned, I do not think they have yet grown into their role as the top team in the East

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 fights at once to start the Rangers-Devils game : Maybe not. Look at the B's last year. Eeked out a first round, emotional grinding win against their hated rivals which only gave them confidence and the will to continue. I would rather the B's face NJ if they had to play one of them. they just can't seem to beat NYR for whatever reason.

True, jay.  The Bruins have played them tough, even during extended period of largely poor play.  They can't get the win. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Seemed like two teams both lining up the goons and having it out.

So, why was the coach who had the last change, and also moved a d-man to center just to fight, screaming and whining like a school girl behind the bench??

Oh yeah, it was Tortorella.

Is anyone else getting extremely tired of his theatrics every game?

Biggest crybaby in the league.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

he belongs in montreal or dare i say vancouver. used to like the guy, but his schtick is getting old. wonder if he's fluent in french? btw, didn't this happen last year between the b's and the stars? 3 bouts at the center circle off the opening whistle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Yep, 3 fights and a goal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 fights at once to start the Rangers-Devils game : During the HBO thing I heard them goofing on the ice about a line brawl and deciding who would take who. If I were Torts I would have been all over that then - focus on playing hockey you idiots.  You're leading the west, you don't have to prove anything to anyone except for the scoreboard.

I actually think that was the Flyers who did that, but I could be mistaken.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]he belongs in montreal or dare i say vancouver. used to like the guy, but his schtick is getting old. wonder if he's fluent in french? btw, didn't this happen last year between the b's and the stars? 3 bouts at the center circle off the opening whistle.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Not exactly the same. There were 3 seperate puck drops. The first was because of bad blood between Ott and Campbell. I thought it strange at the time to see Thornton line up for the opening faceoff.

Last night was way more staged. All 3 fights started at the same time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManBearPig99. Show ManBearPig99's posts

what do you guys think about Salvador's misconduct for trying to keep Bickle from pounding Carter on the ice, while Carter was leaking blood all over the place?  Usually I understand the whole third man in thing, but with 3 fights and refs having to watch them all, and one guy bleeding a lot I don't think he deserved the 10 minutes .  He wasn't throwing punches or anything.  Just wondering what you guys thought about that.