3 for the rumor mill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

3 for the rumor mill

Rory Boylen of The Hockey News: Boylen looks at seven centers and the most likely destination for each.1. Jason Spezza – Ducks as the likely destination. 2. Joe Thornton – staying in San Jose. 3. Ryan Kesler – ending up in Pittsburgh. 4. Paul Stastny – re-signing with the Avalanche. 5. Sam Gagner – could end up in Florida. 6. Mike Richards – remaining in LA. 7. Brad Richards – ending up in New Jersey with an honorable mention to Washington.
    Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque, Patrice Bergeron traditions die hard in Boston

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Re: 3 for the rumor mill

Eric Duhatschek of the Globe and Mail: Senators GM Bryan Murray needs to create an auction like atmosphere surrounding Jason Spezza to maximize his return. The Blues desperately need someone with Spezza’s offensive skills. Could the Coyotes get involved if they could find someone to take Mike Ribeiro? The Duck could be the frontrunners and could offer Luca Sbisa as part of the deal.Duhatschek wonders if the Islanders will circle back to Thomas Vanek as interest from the Canadiens and Wild may be lessening. They might even be able to offer less than the seven years and $50 million they offered before. The Islanders could also go after Matt Moulson, who like Vanek may not have a lot of options.
    Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque, Patrice Bergeron traditions die hard in Boston

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I have this feeling that Kesler winds up in boston, I know they dont need centers but honestly, anything is possible. Just a feeling, maybe a bit hopeful too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have this feeling that Kesler winds up in boston, I know they dont need centers but honestly, anything is possible. Just a feeling, maybe a bit hopeful too.

[/QUOTE]

That would be interesting. If he stays healthy he can be an asset.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Outside of some diving, i dont mind Kesler and wouldnt mind him in the spoked B.  But i dont see it happening.  Stranger things have happened though!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Yeti would have to go the other way, with Benning at the helm. Would you do that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Yeti would have to go the other way, with Benning at the helm. Would you do that?

[/QUOTE]

Yeti and Marchand for Kesler? No I wouldnt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[/QUOTE]

Yeti and Marchand for Kesler? No I wouldnt

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't think both Soderberg and Marchand. I wouldn't do that, either. Just Yeti plus a pick or prospect. But then Boston would need to find some cap room to fit in Kesler and that's where it gets tricky. Do you really want to squash your depth down the middle for Kesler alone? I don't know how Boston brings on a $5mil price tag for a 3rd-line center when they have Kelly, Campbell and Soderberg together making just a tick above Kesler alone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the only way the B'S make a move for Kesler is if Krejci's part of the deal.... no way you're paying Kesler to play on third line....

plus i don't see any upgrade either....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Just Yeti plus a pick or prospect. But then Boston would need to find some cap room to fit in Kesler and that's where it gets tricky. Do you really want to squash your depth down the middle for Kesler alone? I don't know how Boston brings on a $5mil price tag for a 3rd-line center when they have Kelly, Campbell and Soderberg together making just a tick above Kesler alone.

Yeah, I don 't see how that benefits either team actually. Unless Van is serious about dumping salaries and going for a rebuild which I don't think they are.

Man, Kelly's contract is really gumming up the works...NTC to boot

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Couple more here:

Boyle is not re-signing with the Isles (shocker):

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455117" rel="nofollow">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455117

And it looks like Detroit is going to buy out Tootoo:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455118

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Tootoo in Thornton's spot?  Reckless player with a rep for hurting people, but plays with the wild abandon we ripped Thornton for lacking.

Are you not entertained?!?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tootoo in Thornton's spot?  Reckless player with a rep for hurting people, but plays with the wild abandon we ripped Thornton for lacking.

[/QUOTE]

Plus he can put the puck in the net on occasion and will come cheap. Food for thought.

Perhaps one wildcard (Marchand) is enough for the team though?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Stastny returning to the Avalanche would be the more suprising move to me. They need help on defense, O'Reilly contract and will have to pay Landeskog and MacKinnon down the road.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

only if he's playing for minimum wage....

wouldn't that pi$$ off Stanley, he's expecting an offensive dynamo to claim that spot....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I've thought about Tootoo too...(or also?).  He doesn't seem very comfortable with the puck and seems to be scratched some in recent years, but he plays hard, skates fast, and hits people with reckless abandon.  I think the fans would like him.  Of course, he'd have to come cheap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Tootoo wasnt just scratched... he was buried in the minors last season.  Seems a team with Detroit's injury problems still never feeling the need to use Tootoo and are now paying him to go away isnt the best choice for the B's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've thought about Tootoo too...(or also?).  He doesn't seem very comfortable with the puck and seems to be scratched some in recent years, but he plays hard, skates fast, and hits people with reckless abandon.  I think the fans would like him.  Of course, he'd have to come cheap.

[/QUOTE]

I've always thought he'd be kind of a cult hero here. Then again, I thought he'd score 15 goals in Detroit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Tootoo isnt a terrible player.  Similar to a mike brown in style.  Never takes a shift off and hits everything.  Has good speed and isnt gonna fight the elite clowns but wont back down from the new aged enforcers like Dorsett, Prust, Weise.   

Id take a shot at him for sure.  Or biznasty.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bissonette is a clown.  Clown+Funny on Twitter=Clown.  Tootoo, at least, the pre-Detroit Tootoo, is a genuine loon out there with absolutely no regard for his or anyone's body.  I suspect what Detroit didn't like was having a guy who would run around like Tootoo and set a tone that didn't really fit with the rest of that team.  They brought him in when they were looking at a bit of turnover and thought he'd be a good fit with guys like Abdelkadr, Helm, and Sheahan.  Instead, while those guys are now useful pieces of Detroit's lineup, they're still the quick, silky team (with a couple of bangers on D) adding Nyquist and Tatar and reloading up front.  Got him as part of one direction (no capitals) and buried him when the players who earned key roles didn't fit the direction.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Bissonette is a clown.  Clown+Funny on Twitter=Clown.  Tootoo, at least, the pre-Detroit Tootoo, is a genuine loon out there with absolutely no regard for his or anyone's body.  I suspect what Detroit didn't like was having a guy who would run around like Tootoo and set a tone that didn't really fit with the rest of that team.  They brought him in when they were looking at a bit of turnover and thought he'd be a good fit with guys like Abdelkadr, Helm, and Sheahan.  Instead, while those guys are now useful pieces of Detroit's lineup, they're still the quick, silky team (with a couple of bangers on D) adding Nyquist and Tatar and reloading up front.  Got him as part of one direction (no capitals) and buried him when the players who earned key roles didn't fit the direction.

[/QUOTE]

Plus detroit is a puck possession team not a dump and chase team.  

Biznasty is a clown for sure but would be funny with the media.  Clowns are supposed to be funny.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Biz is worst than Thornton.  None of that!

The B's don't need to replace the clown with another clown.  If others choose to dress a clown, the B's can exploit it instead.  Tell the boys to ignore the stupidity and win the game.  

And there is no deterrent.  Look what The Mountain did to Eriksson with Thornton, Chara, Lucic, and Campbell in the game.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tootoo isnt a terrible player.  Similar to a mike brown in style.  Never takes a shift off and hits everything.  Has good speed and isnt gonna fight the elite clowns but wont back down from the new aged enforcers like Dorsett, Prust, Weise.   

Id take a shot at him for sure.  Or biznasty.  

[/QUOTE]

Plus, unlike Brown, he can put the puck in the net on occasion...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

And there is no deterrent.  Look what The Mountain did to Eriksson with Thornton, Chara, Lucic, and Campbell in the game.  

[/QUOTE]

I agree that there's no need to replace a Thornton with another fighter. The landscape is changing for these types of players. 

But talking about the past, you do realize that teams have dressed enforcers throughout the years knowing that dirty play might occur if they're dressed ? There's no stopping the dirty play of some. There is no deterrent to them.

In some cases, it's the "after the fact" actions where the enforcers were useful in showing the other team that they would not tolerate their dirty play.

There are plenty of examples of that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is no deterrent to them.

[/QUOTE]

So true and it has been that way from as far back as I can remember (late 70s). There are always going to be dirty players, bad hits, and outright d**chbaggery by some. Always. Not having the instigator did not stop it, having a couple of thugs in the lineup or team toughness did not stop it. It will never stop.

Sections
Shortcuts