3 game west coast roadie expectations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

3 game west coast roadie expectations

I'm feeling better about the B's of late, especailly after the last 2 games, but I'm not quite feeling like they've completely turned the corner from the awful funk they've been in.

Late season west coast roadies are tough on east coast teams, so this is a serious test of the B's mental toughness and desire to get it going right again.

What do you all expect on this road trip? I'm expecting 4 points and some solid all-around play from the goalie on out (this is assuming Turco is planted firmly on the bench). Really, a continuation of what we've seen over the past couple of games. If they do this, or better (anyone thinking 6 points???), I'll believe they are truly ramping up for the playoffs.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: 3 game west coast roadie expectations

I'm thinking 6 walk - none of these three teams have a physical component to match the Bruins IF the B's play that style, as they've started to show again. If they can pull it off there's a decent chance that they can clinch a playoff spot by the end of this trip, depending on how the Sabres do against Montreal and NYR, and the Jets do against the Pens, Caps and Preds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

What will make it especially tough is the fact that 2 of the three teams they play are involved in tooth-and-nail playoff hunts.  Check out the battle for the last two playoff spots in the West:

3. DAL 10 gr 83pts

7. PHX  9 gr  83pts
    8. COL 8 gr  83pts
    9. LA 10 gr 82pts
    10. SJ 10 gr 82pts
    11. CAL 9 gr 81pts

Of course, gotta include DAL, because they can easily still miss the playoffs, despite their current #3 seeding.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Good points 49. I still don't think any of those teams can compete with the physical play of the Bruins. If we dictate the flow, we'll be in good shape.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm happy with a point per game the rest of the way, so I'll be happy going 1-1-1 on this trip... 97 points should be good enough to lock in the second seed.  Ottowa has a tough road the rest of the way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: 3 game west coast roadie expectations:
    [QUOTE]Good points 49. I still don't think any of those teams can compete with the physical play of the Bruins. If we dictate the flow, we'll be in good shape.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

True 'nuff -- part of my point is that the 'compete level' should be a bit higher than the Leafs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Yea, then again a dead horse probably tries harder than they did last night, haha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]I'm thinking 6 walk - none of these three teams have a physical component to match the Bruins IF the B's play that style, as they've started to show again. If they can pull it off there's a decent chance that they can clinch a playoff spot by the end of this trip, depending on how the Sabres do against Montreal and NYR, and the Jets do against the Pens, Caps and Preds.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right!

I'm most worried about LA. They are playing pretty well as of late and Jonathan Quick is the best goalie they will face out there. He can steal a game on any night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

We did well against him last time. I'm confident the Bruins will take care of business.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 game west coast roadie expectations : True 'nuff -- part of my point is that the 'compete level' should be a bit higher than the Leafs.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Wild played a team with low compete as well

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Me thinks the road record will be 1 and 2.  There wll be a surprize, a disappointment, and the expected.  Nothing else can be said.  Wild about last night's game no doubt!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 game west coast roadie expectations : Yeah the Wild played a team with low compete as well
    Posted by KMCI[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sharks game will be interesting.  One of the TSN talking heads compared their goaltending of late to Tampa's.  Geee.  And because I don't like Joe Thornton, the Bruins putting a nail in would be satisfying.

I think 2-1.  Maybe 1-1-1.  But I'm no Stanely at this....

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Over the last few years all three teams have played the Bruins tough at home and in Boston. If the Bruins pull a sleep walk like they did in the sun a week ago it will be long four days in Cali.

To me it's about the 3rd line staying effective like the last 2 games, Kelly has been on fire. McQuaid, Ference and Seidenberg have not been sloppy the past 2 games keep it that way. I'd be very happy with 3 or 4 points but it won't be easy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

2-1 and/or 1-1-1 sounds about good.
    I just want the team to stay healthy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

This trip will help to show whether the Bruins are truly emerging from their extended dip in play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sharks forwards big and fast too much of rthe Bruins last night. Thomas was on fire the game should have been 5-1 in the first. Next up Carter and Richards don't think they will start Turco me thinks he will get the start against the Ducks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Seeing the Sharks game was a little too late for us elderly folk, but the reports were encouraging about timmy, but not about the offense. Anyone have any more specific comments? Did anyone play well up front?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

San Jose was a write-off to me before they played, I didn't even bother watching. Since Joe went there I don't think I've seen the Bruins beat them. I think they can take the other two.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Let's see. B's lost to the Sharks who have slid out of the playoffs with their poor play and goaltending of late. They get 1 goal past Neimi.
    Up next are the red hot Kings and Ducks back-to-back. Bruins will be lucky to steal 1 point in either game.

Realistically, they're staring at 0-3 on this trip.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Everyone on here happy with the points the Bs got out of the 3 games on the left coast ?

I know I am...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

How you came up with this, I have no idea.

Yes, I am happy with the trip. I would be very happy with 2 wins out of every 3 games for the rest of the year, right through to June :)

[QUOTE]Let's see. B's lost to the Sharks who have slid out of the playoffs with their poor play and goaltending of late. They get 1 goal past Neimi. Up next are the red hot Kings and Ducks back-to-back. Bruins will be lucky to steal 1 point in either game. Realistically, they're staring at 0-3 on this trip.
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]