3 rd line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

3 rd line

I think it's time to blow that line up,1 goal for Bourque. 0 for Kelly,Peverly i think might have a couple but plays on power play to.I think they have given Bourque a good shot,but time to try something else,and that line is also minus so there not playing good defensively.Everbody always says how Bruins have for good lines,no they don't they got 2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: 3 rd line

I feel like Bourque has been helpful on the power-play. He has not coughed up the puck for a goal, at least not that I can remember. 

Kelly for sure needs to hit the net a few times. I'm not sure it's a good idea to blow it up. Who would you put in instead? What if they have intangible effects in the locker room?

The team is stealing points when needed and earning them other nights. They have 1 regulation loss. I'm happy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I feel like Bourque has been helpful on the power-play. He has not coughed up the puck for a goal, at least not that I can remember. 

Kelly for sure needs to hit the net a few times. I'm not sure it's a good idea to blow it up. Who would you put in instead? What if they have intangible effects in the locker room?

The team is stealing points when needed and earning them other nights. They have 1 regulation loss. I'm happy.

I guss the problem with Bourque is if you try to send him down to Providence,they probably loose him on waivers,but i think it;s time to try some one else,or do you wait to trade deadline see if someone else is available

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

The 3rd line needs to get going and I'm confident that it will.  Bourque was the biggest problem earlier.  It's seems to be Kelly now.  I saw 3 hits he should have made last night where he chose not to.  He can and should and has played much more physically.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I wonder if Kelly is 100%? He went awkwardly into the boards and got sent into the net against Miller.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Peverley and Kelly are out of synch. Who knows why.  You can hang it on Bourque if you want, but that isn't the whole story.  Peverley has played more aggressively, pushing the play.  Kelly has not and I haven't seen him do much on the forecheck to stand out either.  He has only 14 shots in 11 games (1 more than Campbell and Paille even though he plays about 4 minutes more per game).  He has one more hit than Seguin (tied with Bergeron, actually...), but he's still blocking shots, winning draws, and taking the puck away.  All of that is nice - when the other team has the puck.

They need more than that from him to be a top contender, and now that he's a $3M guy, he has to contribute more than this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Peverley and Kelly are out of synch. Who knows why.  You can hang it on Bourque if you want, but that isn't the whole story.  Peverley has played more aggressively, pushing the play.  Kelly has not and I haven't seen him do much on the forecheck to stand out either.  He has only 14 shots in 11 games (1 more than Campbell and Paille even though he plays about 4 minutes more per game).  He has one more hit than Seguin (tied with Bergeron, actually...), but he's still blocking shots, winning draws, and taking the puck away.  All of that is nice - when the other team has the puck.

They need more than that from him to be a top contender, and now that he's a $3M guy, he has to contribute more than this.

Kelly is also notoriously streaky and habitually disappears for games on end. He will come around and in a big way....for a while. Then the cycle will repeat itself. This is why he is on the third line and not a top six forward.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Maybe Julien needs to shake things up just a little bit to see if moving some guys might get them going...for instance:

step 1 - Replace Bourque with Pandolfo...this will happen since Pandolfo just signed a B's contract, although it is a two-way deal I believe...he is clearing waivers now before he can join the team.

step 2 - Replace Sequin on the Bergeron/Marchand line with Peverly

step 3 - Put Sequin as the Center between Kelly and Pandolfo on the 3rd line to see if playing center ignites Seguins offense.

Try this for a few games to see if both of those lines get a jump start. 

step 4 - GET SOMEONE IN FRONT OF THE NET ON THE POWER PLAY...the B's have talented players to man this unit but they give the goalie a uncontested view of all the shots coming from the points.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Maybe Julien needs to shake things up just a little bit to see if moving some guys might get them going...for instance:

step 1 - Replace Bourque with Pandolfo...this will happen since Pandolfo just signed a B's contract, although it is a two-way deal I believe...he is clearing waivers now before he can join the team.

step 2 - Replace Sequin on the Bergeron/Marchand line with Peverly

step 3 - Put Sequin as the Center between Kelly and Pandolfo on the 3rd line to see if playing center ignites Seguins offense.

Try this for a few games to see if both of those lines get a jump start. 

step 4 - GET SOMEONE IN FRONT OF THE NET ON THE POWER PLAY...the B's have talented players to man this unit but they give the goalie a uncontested view of all the shots coming from the points.

I will leave this up to the coaching staff.  A line change will not  hurt for one or two gms., the Bruins do have some games in hand on the leafs who are only 2 pts. back.

This is your Temp. line up:

Looch Krejci Horton
    March Bergy Peverly

Pandolfo Seguin Kelly

Paille Campbell Thornton

or this

Looch Krejci Horton

March Bergy Peverly

Bourque Seguin Kelly

Paille Campbell Pandolfo ( pandolfo can fit in on the 4th line better at the moment)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Well the thread was talking about the 3rd line. I'm not in favour of a total revamp of all the lines. We are after all, off to a very very good start. But it would be nice to see Pandolfo on the 3rd line. I think he will make a difference.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

I will leave this up to the coaching staff.  A line change will not  hurt for one or two gms., the Bruins do have some games in hand on the leafs who are only 2 pts. back.

This is your Temp. line up:

Looch Krejci Horton
    March Bergy Peverly

Pandolfo Seguin Kelly

Paille Campbell Thornton

or this

Looch Krejci Horton

March Bergy Peverly

Bourque Seguin Kelly

Paille Campbell Pandolfo ( pandolfo can fit in on the 4th line better at the moment)

Actually, no way I'd remove Thornton off the 4th line keep Bourque around...sorry, but it's time for Ray's boy to go back to the AHL. So the first temp line-up you listed is what I am suggesting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You dont shakeup a team with its best start in history.  You tinker.   the 3rd line needs the tinkering.  And when your winning its easy to tinker.  Paille would be going there bc the one game he played there the lie had their best gm.  Put pando on the 4th line.  Then add a piece prior to deadline.  

the east looks like a c rap shoot outside boston.  Its ours to take.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I feel like Bourque has been helpful on the power-play"

I've come to believe now that if the last name were different these kind(s) of statements would not be made. There seems to be a defense mechanisim that kicks in for Chris's defense becuse he is the son of a very popular former Bruin HOFer. When you take a player like Bourque, has great hands and does well in the AHL, then put him with NHL talent there should be more points produced.

This is not happening but P00 P00s game jumped up with Peverley's n Kellys. Bourque needs to ride the pine and watch some games with the signing of Pandolfo. PC, to me, is going to try to handle the 3rd line winger internally for now.

At some point PC will have to pull a trigger on a winger that can help improve the 3rd line. Pandolfo and Bourque are not the answers unfortunetly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

You dont shakeup a team with its best start in history.  You tinker.   the 3rd line needs the tinkering.  And when your winning its easy to tinker.  Paille would be going there bc the one game he played there the lie had their best gm.  Put pando on the 4th line.  Then add a piece prior to deadline.  

I agree the team is doing well and that it doesn't make sense to try and drastically alter what has worked so far, however, my changes involve trying to get Seguin going and introducing Pandolfo to the line-up to replace Bourque.

Maybe playing center will allow Seguin to better use his speed and maybe we'd see some of his playmaking abilities in the process.

Regarding the east being a crap shoot...I seriously believe that the Rangers and Penguins would have something to say about that. There's a long way to go even in this shortened season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

I agree the team is doing well and that it doesn't make sense to try and drastically alter what has worked so far, however, my changes involve trying to get Seguin going and introducing Pandolfo to the line-up to replace Bourque.

Maybe playing center will allow Seguin to better use his speed and maybe we'd see some of his playmaking abilities in the process.

Regarding the east being a crap shoot...I seriously believe that the Rangers and Penguins would have something to say about that. There's a long way to go even in this shortened season.

lots of time left for sure.  Rangers, pitt, philly tampa,  heck even the leafs may make noise.  I really hope the leafs make the playoffs. 

I dont think seguin is gonna switch positions yet.  Not this year anyway.  i think he should get a chance there though.  He will snap out of it.  

The only switch i make is paille to 3rd line.  Pando to 4th line.  Bourque out.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The third line has been awful, not really even getting many chances. Now might be the time to grab a quality forward with the extra cap space. Then maybe break the 3rd line up and put Kelly and Pevs on other lines. Then Maybe Looch and MARCHMANT could join the new forward. I'd think that would then give us 3 true scoring lines, and no true number 3 line but really 3 equally good ones (eg, Bergy, Segs and Kelly, and Pevs, Horton and Krecji, then Looch and MARCHMANT with the added forward. Bourque and Pandolfo should play as little as possible on this team. I know this is a big shakeup I'm proposing, but the B's are barely winning these games and if the goaltending should falter it could get tough. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

The third line has been awful, not really even getting many chances. Now might be the time to grab a quality forward with the extra cap space. Then maybe break the 3rd line up and put Kelly and Pevs on other lines. Then Maybe Looch and MARCHMANT could join the new forward. I'd think that would then give us 3 true scoring lines, and no true number 3 line but really 3 equally good ones (eg, Bergy, Segs and Kelly, and Pevs, Horton and Krecji, then Looch and MARCHMANT with the added forward. Bourque and Pandolfo should play as little as possible on this team. I know this is a big shakeup I'm proposing, but the B's are barely winning these games and if the goaltending should falter it could get tough. 

No. Such a bad idea. Why break up Bergeron and Marchand? They have always played well together. I Like Lucic-Krejci-Seguin, Marchand (do you think its funny to misspell his name still?)-Bergeron-Horton, Kelly-Peverley-Pandolfo/Paille, and Thornton-Campbell-Paille/Pandolfo would be a good experiment. I feel that Krejci and Seguin can compliment eachother with their styles and the second line needs a more physical presence a la Horton.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Yes exactly not saying to start changing all the lines,just that third line,needs something,right now Peverly only one doing anything

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

No. Such a bad idea. Why break up Bergeron and Marchand? They have always played well together. I Like Lucic-Krejci-Seguin, Marchand (do you think its funny to misspell his name still?)-Bergeron-Horton, Kelly-Peverley-Pandolfo/Paille, and Thornton-Campbell-Paille/Pandolfo would be a good experiment. I feel that Krejci and Seguin can compliment eachother with their styles and the second line needs a more physical presence a la Horton.

Lam, give it up. You're trying to talk sense into someone who's proposing a major shakeup, all because the Bruins are " barely winning games".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Lam, give it up. You're trying to talk sense into someone who's proposing a major shakeup, all because the Bruins are " barely winning games".

Teams shake up lines all the time. Dez and Lam think MARCHMANT can only score because of Bergy. News Flash: he'd score 30 goals even if I was his center. March can play anywhere, as well as Bergy. They don't need to be together.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Teams shake up lines all the time. Dez and Lam think MARCHMANT can only score because of Bergy. News Flash: he'd score 30 goals even if I was his center. March can play anywhere, as well as Bergy. They don't need to be together.

Now someone is telling me about how good Marchand is? That's perfect. I had no idea he was a decent player. Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my eyes open for him if I ever get a chance to see a Bruins game on TV. Marchand you say? He doesn't sound familiar so I guess I'll just have to take your word on it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Dez, ever on the sauce, in the blurb above dodges the point made and resorts to his senseless, and quite typical, ramblings. Way to go Dez!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Last time they took bourque out of the lineup they lost for the first and only time in regulation this season. Lets just concentrate on getting better production on that line then changing the lineup. If  Kelly and pevs were playing like they should be bourque would be a non issue. If we were 0-5 with him in the lineup I'd say dump the kid but we are winning you don't change something that is working. I think they added pandolfo for depth not to be an everyday guy. Bourque is just an easy target for ppl to nitpick even though the kid plays a decent game and hasn't cost the bs any games. The bruins have a lot of underperforming players right now and they still are winning if everyone turns it on at some point in the season we could be talking cup this season. Horton, krejci, and Marchand have been carrying this team offensively once other guys start chipping in we are looking at the same bs team that went on that crazy winning streak last season. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

MARCHMANT

Wow, you're a tool.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

talked about this on the other thread before I hit this one. All of the 3rd and 4th lines are Julien players, even Thornton who is the least skilled. The 3rd line needs someone to score. Peverly and kelly did last year, and the "other" guy grabbed some softies just by being there. Bourque has the only positional softie to date, and, as noted, Kelly doesn't shoot very often, but both he and Peverly need to get it together. If not Bourque may need to go, not for lack of working, but because they need a shooter. In house there's only Spooner, but he needs more time in the AHL. the alternative is for Peter to find a Ray Whitney type. Claude likes what he sees, but maybe moving a defenseman and a Sauve/Tardif for a scorer could help

Sections
Shortcuts