30 pt getters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

30 pt getters

Interesting that the Bruins have the most 30 and above point getters in the NHL. (10)  Speaks to the depth of the offense and the amount of players we have that can get it done.  We may not have the elite numbers of a Vancouver or Detroit but with the depth spread throughout the lineup it will make for a very diffiuclut team to defend against come playoff time.
    Vancouver and Detroit have 8
    Thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: 30 pt getters

That's been PC's and CJ's whole philosophy with this team - build a squad where every member contributes. The strategy is paying dividends.

I also like that we have 10 players in double digit goals, with four more likely to hit that by season's end.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

An excellent point.  This team will have success in the playoffs if they can get balanced scoring across the lines.  That is the only way to beat teams with league-leading scorers.  It is exactly why you have 30+ point scorers like Ryder and Peverly on the 3rd line, if anyone is still wondering...

...why am I thinking of Mark Sanchez in a half shirt...?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

With 22 games left Seids, Campbell, Kelly and Seguin all have a real shot at joining that group. 14 players with 30 points by season end? Including you fourth line centre? That's serious depth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yep, depth is certainly not a problem any more thanks the the latest additions....I am very happy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

But I'd trade 2 or 3 of those 30 point guys for one who is a threat to score on every shift.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: 30 pt getters:
    But I'd trade 2 or 3 of those 30 point guys for one who is a threat to score on every shift.
    Posted by WalkTheLine

You mean a gamebreaker? That is really the only thing the B's are lacking but I am hoping the depth makes up for it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: 30 pt getters : You mean a gamebreaker? That is really the only thing the B's are lacking but I am hoping the depth makes up for it.
    Posted by jmwalters

Yep. I hope the depth can carry them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by WalkTheLine

Make sure you give PC a call once you figure out who the available gamebreaker is......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

dez - I wasn't being critical of anyone. Just wishful thinking!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

dez - I wasn't being critical of anyone. Just wishful thinking!
    Posted by WalkTheLine

Sorry if that sounded condescending.It truly wasn't my intention.I'm all for your idea and wish it wasn't easier said than done.Cheers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: 30 pt getters : Sorry if that sounded condescending.It truly wasn't my intention.I'm all for your idea and wish it wasn't easier said than done.Cheers.
    Posted by dezaruchi

It didn't sound condescending.  It WAS condescending.  And you knew it.  And we know it.  And the American people know it.

That's your style.  Just like your man crush on Sergei Zubov.  You can't hide it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 30 pt getters : It didn't sound condescending.  It WAS condescending.  And you knew it.  And we know it.  And the American people know it. That's your style.  Just like your man crush on Sergei Zubov.  You can't hide it.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'd hoped no one would bring that up......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: 30 pt getters : Sorry if that sounded condescending.It truly wasn't my intention.I'm all for your idea and wish it wasn't easier said than done.Cheers.
    Posted by dezaruchi

No worries, dez.

The depth is great to have and maybe someone will emerge as a sniper in the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

An excellent point.   if anyone is still wondering... ...why am I thinking of Mark Sanchez in a half shirt...?
    Posted by Fletcher1

The Yets!, The Yets!, The Yets!....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Gamebreakers without protection in the lineup don't generally win in the playoffs.  Any team with a shutdown forward glues him to the gamebreaker's hip and lets the other 8 play 4 on 4.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Gamebreakers without protection in the lineup don't generally win in the playoffs.  Any team with a shutdown forward glues him to the gamebreaker's hip and lets the other 8 play 4 on 4.
    Posted by Bookboy007

That true. I want depth AND a gamebreaker! Is that really too much to ask?????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

If all goes well the bruins balance could have improved scorers coming along in Seguin, Spooner[ very much like Marchand in controling the puck], McNight, Sauve, and Arneil. BUT, where do you put them all?? Nice problem to have, but a real challenge to Claude's flexibility and acceptance of rookies. The possible replaceable parts are Recchi, Ryder,Paille, and Thornton. Fits in with Chiarelli's CAP management as he has cemented some of his core without a $7-8 mil player. That does leave some work to be done on defense where Ference, who has been very steady, and Boychuck, not so steady are logically replaceable.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to 30 pt getters:
    Interesting that the Bruins have the most 30 and above point getters in the NHL. (10)  Speaks to the depth of the offense and the amount of players we have that can get it done.  We may not have the elite numbers of a Vancouver or Detroit but with the depth spread throughout the lineup it will make for a very diffiuclut team to defend against come playoff time. Vancouver and Detroit have 8 Thoughts
    Posted by samsonov

Should not bring up Dave Lewis, but Chiarelli was modeling his future Bs team with Detriot in mind.  I would like to see some game breakers or snipers but if Carolina can win a Cup then the Bs can with this group.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Car had BrindÀmour and Staal, def a pair of gamebreakers, Excellent support staff including valued veterans in a much younger Recc Ward and Weight.(5 years ago)

They had 3 players who had been 100 point men(Staal had 100 that year) and another who had had 97 in the lineup. They had a 45 goal scorer that year, 3 30goal scorers plus also another 3 that score over 20. That is 7 over 20 and we might have 10 hit double digits, 1 score 30 and 4 hit 20.

Yeah I would like to have that premier scorer.  Hopefully, 30 point depth will do.

Thankfully we have great D and G.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: 30 pt getters : It didn't sound condescending.  It WAS condescending.  And you knew it.  And we know it.  And the American people know it. That's your style.  Just like your man crush on Sergei Zubov.  You can't hide it.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

If anyone knows condescending it's this man.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 30 pt getters : If anyone knows condescending it's this man.
    Posted by callodthedom19

We're all condescending at times but I believe he was just being dry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: 30 pt getters : We're all condescending at times but I believe he was just being dry.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Either I was joking, or you truly do have an unnatural affection for scruffy, almost great, Russian defensemen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 30 pt getters : Either I was joking, or you truly do have an unnatural affection for scruffy, almost great, Russian defensemen.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Some don't get you're humour.I thought it was hilarious.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely07708. Show Neely07708's posts

Lucic is a monster in the playoffs.. he's been as clutch as any Bruin in recent memory.... and he is a lot better this year.

Sections
Shortcuts