#37 bergy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

#37 bergy

the way # 37 plays its his turn to win the scoring champion ship this season  its a team that will crown him his blessing go bruins go

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: #37 bergy

I agree that he's my favorite Bruin, but scoring title... Well we can wish.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Art ROss? What? I love him, but that is never going to happen. Selke? Sure. Byng? Maybe. Conn Smythe? God I hope so. But the Art Ross. Never.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

In Response to Re: #37 bergy:
    The Art ROss? What? I love him, but that is never going to happen. Selke? Sure. Byng? Maybe. Conn Smythe? God I hope so. But the Art Ross. Never.
    Posted by red75

This.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

ya sure, it could happen. he could more than double his point production. wait, no, that doesn't happen

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

Posted by red75

Conn Smythe would be AWESOME.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

ya sure, it could happen. he could more than double his point production. wait, no, that doesn't happen
    Posted by bostonfan191646

Why not? He's had a 73 point season before and he absolutely can do again based on his performance as of late.

This doesn't mean I think he'll take a scoring title... I would love if he did. But I don't think it's realistic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: #37 bergy : Why not? He's had a 73 point season before and he absolutely can do again based on his performance as of late. This doesn't mean I think he'll take a scoring title... I would love if he did. But I don't think it's realistic.
    Posted by lambda13

FWIW I do not see him winning any scoring title playing with Marchand and Peverley. Just not going to happen. He will be a stalwart on defense and score 50-70pts but IMO has no chance to break 100.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

73 points... last year Sedin won it with 104. The B's are a defensive team first which limits points. There is no way Patrice adds 31 points to his season best in Julien's system and is still able to maintain his extremely important shutdown role.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bergy is hardwired to play a defensively responsible 2-way game- and that's why i love him. he'd have to change his game to become the league's scoring leader, and i hope that's not going to happen. team canada didn't add bergy to the lineup because he was going to light the lamp, but because he is a top centerman and one of the most responsible players in the nhl. yes i would love to see it... but this is the real world, and i don't see it happening.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I agree with you guys. Never said he'd do it... But how awesome would it be if he pulled an insane year and was not only a shut down d-man but also lit it up on the scoreboard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The Bruins' style renders this an impossibility.
    I'll take the 75pt. best 2 way player in the league, thank you very much.
    There is only one piece of hardware that matters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bergy is Bruins personified. His goal is for the Bruins to win another cup while he plays the game as the top two way center ice man, shutting down other team's top lines and still feeding his wings for goals. He is selfless and a solid tough hockey player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to #37 bergy:
    the way # 37 plays its his turn to win the scoring champion ship this season  its a team that will crown him his blessing go bruins go
    Posted by anddebbv

What you lack in knowledge you make up for in enthusiasm..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I've said it all along.  If you put him with top line wingers, he will produce top line points.  Maybe not a scoring title, but 80+ is not at all out of the question if he plays with guys who can both create and finish.

Seguin-Bergeron-Marchand has that potential

Peverly-Bergeron-Marchand does not (but can still be a very good line)

The reason I say this is because Peverly although fast and good with the puck will miss the net half of his opportunities where Tyler will score on half of his.  In additon Seguin has the playmaking ability to set Bergeron up enough times to push him back over the 30 goal mark.  I think Bergeron may have the second best one-timer to Seguin on the team (just watch some highlights from his 70+ point seasons and you will see what I mean)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I've said it all along.  If you put him with top line wingers, he will produce top line points.  Maybe not a scoring title, but 80+ is not at all out of the question if he plays with guys who can both create and finish. Seguin-Bergeron-Marchand has that potential Peverly-Bergeron-Marchand does not (but can still be a very good line)The reason I say this is because Peverly although fast and good with the puck will miss the net half of his opportunities where Tyler will score on half of his.  In additon Seguin has the playmaking ability to set Bergeron up enough times to push him back over the 30 goal mark.  I think Bergeron may have the second best one-timer to Seguin on the team (just watch some highlights from his 70+ point seasons and you will see what I mean)
    Posted by Chappy28

I read this and thought wow a 50 % shooting percentage for Seguin. He must lead the league in this category. So I investigated the stats. ( Are you impressed BB ? )

Actually Seguin was ranked 347th in the league in shooting percentage while Peverly sky-rocketed up to 322nd. Marchand was 88th. Not exactly shooting percentages that will get Bergeron a ton of points this year unless they improve or get a lot more shots on net then they did to bring up the goal totals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Sure Bergy can put up the points...But when a game is all said and done and the Bruins have a W...I'm glad Bergy made it through another game healthy..I can't forget that Bergy is one head shot away from being knocked out for good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I've said it all along.  If you put him with top line wingers, he will produce top line points.  Maybe not a scoring title, but 80+ is not at all out of the question if he plays with guys who can both create and finish. Seguin-Bergeron-Marchand has that potential Peverly-Bergeron-Marchand does not (but can still be a very good line) The reason I say this is because Peverly although fast and good with the puck will miss the net half of his opportunities where Tyler will score on half of his.  In additon Seguin has the playmaking ability to set Bergeron up enough times to push him back over the 30 goal mark.  I think Bergeron may have the second best one-timer to Seguin on the team (just watch some highlights from his 70+ point seasons and you will see what I mean)
    Posted by Chappy28

Now I'm not a professor but doesn't this mean they would both have a 50% shooting percentage????? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

I've said it all along.  If you put him with top line wingers, he will produce top line points.  Maybe not a scoring title, but 80+ is not at all out of the question if he plays with guys who can both create and finish. Seguin-Bergeron-Marchand has that potential Peverly-Bergeron-Marchand does not (but can still be a very good line) The reason I say this is because Peverly although fast and good with the puck will miss the net half of his opportunities where Tyler will score on half of his.  In additon Seguin has the playmaking ability to set Bergeron up enough times to push him back over the 30 goal mark.  I think Bergeron may have the second best one-timer to Seguin on the team (just watch some highlights from his 70+ point seasons and you will see what I mean)
    Posted by Chappy28

AGREED!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

maybe if he played half the rink ala gretzky/lemieux, but he plays great D too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In additon Seguin has the playmaking ability to set Bergeron up enough times to push him back over the 30 goal mark.  I think Bergeron may have the second best one-timer to Seguin on the team (just watch some highlights from his 70+ point seasons and you will see what I mean)
    Posted by Chappy28

I've said for a while that the one thing that hasn't come back from Bergeron's pre-Jones game is his shot.  He simply does not find the range on that one-timer the way he did when he topped 30 goals.  Used to be the best option on the PP for the Bruins - Bergeron at the top of the circle with the one-timer high blocker.  Now you see him whip shots into the logo more than he ever did.  I'm not sure this is an element of his game that will ever come around again.  If he'd never had the concussions, and if he played with top wingers, he might have made it to point/game status.

Yes, Chowdah, you get a pat on the back for using data to make a point, especially since the counterpoint would be that Seguin's style last year was to shoot from anywhere for fear that he'd lose the puck or, worse, that he'd pass to someone who wouldn't give it back to him.  You know, that his style of play kept his percentage down.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: #37 bergy : I've said for a while that the one thing that hasn't come back from Bergeron's pre-Jones game is his shot.  He simply does not find the range on that one-timer the way he did when he topped 30 goals.  Used to be the best option on the PP for the Bruins - Bergeron at the top of the circle with the one-timer high blocker.  Now you see him whip shots into the logo more than he ever did.  I'm not sure this is an element of his game that will ever come around again.  If he'd never had the concussions, and if he played with top wingers, he might have made it to point/game status. Yes, Chowdah, you get a pat on the back for using data to make a point, especially since the counterpoint would be that Seguin's style last year was to shoot from anywhere for fear that he'd lose the puck or, worse, that he'd pass to someone who wouldn't give it back to him.  You know, that his style of play kept his percentage down.
    Posted by Bookboy007

And you get a high five for noticing his style of play attributed to this.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Am I the only one who thinks he's only reached 75% of his potential (as a result of coming off the Jones incident a few years back)? Before he was injured, he was one of the better young players in the game. He's had 2 very nice full seasons and has improved each year. Call me crazy, but I think he will improve a lot in the next few years. I think he can put up 25-45-70 type numbers this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

maybe if he played half the rink ala gretzky/lemieux, but he plays great D too.
    Posted by 86redsox

Mainly b/c they always had the puck. Don't disrespect the best ever.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Players would take the Cup over a scoring title any day of the week!

Sections
Shortcuts