#37 bergy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: #37 bergy

I don't like to project on players who play a well rounded game.  Scoring titles, Selke awards, Olympic recognition, are just trophy shelve stuff for the grand kids.  Now the real story is he was instrumental in game 7 of the Stanley Cup.  When the team needed solid defensive play, his wingers could wing with assurance.  Now those thoughts to this fan make him special.  When I think of Bergeron, I think Jean Beliveau, not in hockey achievements, but how Bergeron conducts or purports himself on and off the ice.  He is what the NHL should promote!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

In Response to Re: #37 bergy:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: #37 bergy : I read this and thought wow a 50 % shooting percentage for Seguin. He must lead the league in this category. So I investigated the stats. ( Are you impressed BB ? ) Actually Seguin was ranked 347th in the league in shooting percentage while Peverly sky-rocketed up to 322nd. Marchand was 88th. Not exactly shooting percentages that will get Bergeron a ton of points this year unless they improve or get a lot more shots on net then they did to bring up the goal totals.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Sorry, wasn't meant to be taken literally, but I should have known better given the audience.  Also, there is a diffence between throwing a puck on net from just inside the blue line and putting it away when somebody feeds you in the slot.  I was referring to the latter.

Point being if you give Seguin and Peverly equal scoring opportunities, Seguin will score significantly more goals.  Anybody remember Peverly's first 25 or so games with the B's?  I remember a lot of good chances, but not many goals.  Conversely, it seems as though when Tyler gets a good look at the net he puts it away

Better?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

At the risk of sounding like I'm supporting a somewhat silly prediction for PB's scoring numbers for the coming season... Bergeron did lead the league in scoring last year... for the month of January. Just need five more months like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Savard accomplished 88 and 96 point seasons under a Julien coached team but you have to contend with the Sedins and St. Louis who has Stamkos. I could see Krejci getting into the 90s with major improvement on his PP game but you really have to be in the 100s, this I can't see.

Bergy would need a major league sniper on his wing to even get into the 90s but Vancouver and Tampa still have heavy shot scorers around their star centers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: #37 bergy : Sorry, wasn't meant to be taken literally, but I should have known better given the audience.  Also, there is a diffence between throwing a puck on net from just inside the blue line and putting it away when somebody feeds you in the slot.  I was referring to the latter. Point being if you give Seguin and Peverly equal scoring opportunities, Seguin will score significantly more goals.  Anybody remember Peverly's first 25 or so games with the B's?  I remember a lot of good chances, but not many goals.  Conversely, it seems as though when Tyler gets a good look at the net he puts it away Better?
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]

Yes ! This audience can now understand better what the first post was meant to imply. The 50-50 thing was meant for an audience whose math skills were the same as bruins8's. I am not as up to date with the new math as him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'd much prefer he be recognized by the fans in the all-star game. how does a top 12 canadian-olympic forward not make the all-star game? correct me if i'm wrong, but bergy has never made an nhl all-star team- has he? is it that he's not particuliarly "outstanding" at any one aspect of play(goal scoring, passing, shut down d)? but rather, very good at all aspects? i vote for him every year(numerous times!), let's hope the world got a chance to see how good he is during last years' finals!!!! something WE already knew.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Teams could kill to have a well balanced leader like Patrice Bergeron.  Good on offense, great on defence, excellent in faceoff circle, and a leader in the dressing room.  If he gets 70 pts, it's a bonus.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

How many scoring titles does Datysuk have?  Ask me if I could have any 5 players in the league and his would be mentioned 2nd. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]How many scoring titles does Datysuk have?  Ask me if I could have any 5 players in the league and his would be mentioned 2nd. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

So that's Datsyuk , Torres and Regehr. Who are the other two ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Nuff said, Bergy will never be a pure scorer. He has too much integrity and game awareness to forego overall excellence for points on the scoresheet. He will help any sniper they put on his wing. Earlier I thought it might be Seguin, but Julien seems to be thinking 3rd line center for Seggy, especially since Caron has shown his net front skills, which is where Recchi was so dangerous. A third line of Kelly/Seguin/Peverly would have speed, scoring and defensive awareness. That then puts the decision in Claude's hands of who to play on the 4th line along with Campbell. Paille, he does show capability and agressiveness ? Clark he has experience ? Pouliot, will he even try if on the 4th line ? Thornton, does he even belong anymore ? Will "staged" fights dissapear if Thorny is in Providence or in the press box?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: #37 bergy : So that's Datsyuk , Torres and Regehr. Who are the other two ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Anyone who knows me also know I am partial to Mike Richards and Pronger as well.  So there is your lineup.  Although Richards and Pronger dont like each other. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If I could have one line and 2 def and a goalie outside of Boston.

Datsyuk/Ovie/M. Richards
    Weber/Keith
    Fleury

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Thornton will not be in Providence.  The 4th line is set in stone.  Best 4th line in the league last year and I think Thornton proved his value in the playoffs last year when they put him in in the finals and he helped turn the tide with his energy.

4th line is not for scoring and Thornton brings exactly what the team needs in his role on that line.  It's not pretty, but he surprises you every now and again with a great pass or shot.  The funny thing is that his goals tend to be of the highlight variety as opposed to the "mucker" type plays that you would expect from a guy like him.

Julien loves him.....and so do I

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Am I the only one who thinks he's only reached 75% of his potential (as a result of coming off the Jones incident a few years back)? Before he was injured, he was one of the better young players in the game. He's had 2 very nice full seasons and has improved each year. Call me crazy, but I think he will improve a lot in the next few years. I think he can put up 25-45-70 type numbers this year.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]
    I'm just gonna agree with all that you said.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]If I could have one line and 2 def and a goalie outside of Boston. Datsyuk/Ovie/M. Richards Weber/Keith Fleury
    I understand it's just your opinion but 1 line taken from the world's elite and you pick Richards? How's this then? You bring that line and I'll bring Stamkos/Crosby/Perry with Doughty/Yandle and Cam Ward. Game on!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: #37 bergy : I understand it's just your opinion but 1 line taken from the world's elite and you pick Richards? How's this then? You bring that line and I'll bring Stamkos/Crosby/Perry with Doughty/Yandle and Cam Ward. Game on!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Kopitar-Toews-Kovalchuck
    Suter-Pronger

Carey Price

Theres a trillion awesome lines you could put together. But yeah I wouldnt put Richards  in the "elite" category.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

no one's "fantasy" team includes pekka rinne? he'd be my non-bruin 1st goalie. he was the second best goalie last year. the other two mentioned are top 10, we all know who #1 is, so i would go with #2.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

oh heck... here goes... stamkos, daytsuk, ovechkin- weber, lidstrom- rinne. TOP THAT!!!!!!!! of course if b's are in the mix add chara-lose lidstrom, add TT-lose rinne.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]oh heck... here goes... stamkos, daytsuk, ovechkin- weber, lidstrom- rinne. TOP THAT!!!!!!!! of course if b's are in the mix add chara-lose lidstrom, add TT-lose rinne.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

you cant pick anyone allready picked dumb dumb

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]no one's "fantasy" team includes pekka rinne? he'd be my non-bruin 1st goalie. he was the second best goalie last year. the other two mentioned are top 10, we all know who #1 is, so i would go with #2.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Rinne will win the Vezina this season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

soooory, i didn't realize you guys were really taking this seriously. i thought fantasy meant fantasy, and not that game you all play. i don't play "fantasy hockey", or fantasy anything for that matter. btw, already is spelled with(1) L, dumb dumb-

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]no one's "fantasy" team includes pekka rinne? he'd be my non-bruin 1st goalie. he was the second best goalie last year. the other two mentioned are top 10, we all know who #1 is, so i would go with #2.
    I purposely chose a goalie with a Cup already on his resume.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: #37 bergy : I understand it's just your opinion but 1 line taken from the world's elite and you pick Richards? How's this then? You bring that line and I'll bring Stamkos/Crosby/Perry with Doughty/Yandle and Cam Ward. Game on!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Very much game on.
    I picked my preference of players. 
    Crosby will be knocked out by Richards or Pronger in game one.  I do like Perry and Getz a lot.  No argument with your selections. 
    The reason I select Richards is b/c his energy is unreal.  He will do whatever it takes to win.  He isnt a point producing monster.  He is a good overall hockey player.  Plus with Dats creativity and Ovie's scoring I can handle a masher. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: #37 bergy : Very much game on. I picked my preference of players.  Crosby will be knocked out by Richards or Pronger in game one.  I do like Perry and Getz a lot.  No argument with your selections.  The reason I select Richards is b/c his energy is unreal.  He will do whatever it takes to win.  He isnt a point producing monster.  He is a good overall hockey player.  Plus with Dats creativity and Ovie's scoring I can handle a masher. 
    It'd be quite a game Shupe.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I also took a goalie with a cup ring and two finals.  And Fleury's year was fantastic last year.  Fantastic! 
    No Bruins and no repeats.