3'rd Line has been horrific

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha77. Show tremha77's posts

3'rd Line has been horrific

Not generating any offense or providing sound defense. 

Time for a change.  Why not (barring a trade and until Kelly comes back):

Spooner, Peverly, Paille

And then the 4'th line is a combo of:

Pandolfo, Caron, Campbell, Thorton, MacDermid (who deserves a shot to see if he can help change things for the better)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: 3'rd Line has been horrific

I dont see why not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to tremha77's comment:

Not generating any offense or providing sound defense. 

Time for a change.  Why not (barring a trade and until Kelly comes back):

Spooner, Peverly, Paille

And then the 4'th line is a combo of:

Pandolfo, Caron, Campbell, Thorton, MacDermid (who deserves a shot to see if he can help change things for the better)

Based on the Buffalo game, the 4th line that you reference was actually the 3rd line.

Although I agree they are aenemic when it comes to offensive capabilities at least they are recognized during the game and put some pressure on offensively, even though they don't score.

The new 4th line, that is supposed to be the 3rd is a bigger problem...they are virtually invisible out there every game and are a major cause of the team's slump.

The B's need to trade for some true NHL caliber players to replace at least Caron. Pandolfo, although not doing anything on that line, at least contributes on the penalty kill.

Maybe the first move for next game is the bring Daugavins in to replace Caron... BTW, where the heck is Daugavins...I checked both the current Boston and Providence rosters and he's not on either?? Was that waiver claim completed successfully?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Maybe the first move for next game is the bring Daugavins in to replace Caron... BTW, where the heck is Daugavins...I checked both the current Boston and Providence rosters and he's not on either?? Was that waiver claim completed successfully?

Apparently he is stuck in customs.

I would not expect much from him, Thornton has more goals than he does and with less icetime....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

No question, compared to last two years the Kelly line has not been productive, even before Kelly's injury. The initial trial was Bourque who should have been gone after two weeks[ Claude's problem] plus lack of cohesive play from Peverly and Kelly, except on the PK. After Bourque they've had Kelly's injury; shuffling with Pandolfo, Caron, Paille, Spooner; none of which Claude gave time to settle in[ Claude's problem]. In addition the supposedly 4th line has seen strong efforts from Campbell and Paille, but, they need a right wing with skills. Thornton makes scowls, loud noises, and lots of cirlycues on the ice, but very little added value because he is limited in his skills. Meanwhile Bergeron's line is productive in every game, and Kreji's line, until the 3rd period last night, has been sporadic at best. All other teams are using their best players to shut down Bergeron's line, and it is having an effect, although it opens up opportunities for Kreji's line. The defense has not exactly been stellar. Hamilton has shown skills others don't have, but he has his learning moments too.Bartkowski showed a better game last night, and if Calgary was willing to take him, he should replace Johnson immediately; with Krug not far behind. Seidenberg is still very skilled, but is slowing down; Ference gives his all, but is in the same leaky boat; Boychuck came back too early; always is tough and ready, but, still has brain malfunctions at the wrong time. Lately Chara's passing and puck management has been very misguided. So. it's more than a new 3rd line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Robidas & Jagr. This might even inspire the opening of a new pub - "The Nose & The Mullet".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Bruins should pursue Ryane Clowe AND Curtis Glencross. It would inject a whole lotta tough and hard-nosed and the trickle-down effect would allow them to construct and roll 4 very strong lines...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

Bruins should pursue Ryane Clowe AND Curtis Glencross. It would inject a whole lotta tough and hard-nosed and the trickle-down effect would allow them to construct and roll 4 very strong lines...

Solid thoughts Gord. I like both players and wish acquiring them was as easy as daydreaming about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Yes, perhaps wishful thinking. What do you think it would take to get them?

Clowe - a prospect/pick?

Glencross? - I'm hearing a goalie (Ottawa's apparantly interested, and a goalie has ben mentioned as the price?)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

Yes, perhaps wishful thinking. What do you think it would take to get them?

Clowe - a prospect/pick?

Glencross? - I'm hearing a goalie (Ottawa's apparantly interested, and a goalie has ben mentioned as the price?)

I think the difficulty lies more in the amount of competition for their services.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Right. It would seem that Bruins are close with Clowe...motivated, perhaps, by the prospect of losing him to Montreal (it would seem to be down to two Conf. rivals again, the selling GM's dream (if your name isn't Feaster).

Glencross' contract is a thing of beauty - two more years at 2.5 mil. - he won't be cheap, requiring a 'warm body' + prospect/pick in return, I suppose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Right. McKenzie has MIN, VAN, PHI, NYR in the Clowe mix as well...calls the situation 'fluid'

Sections
Shortcuts