3rd Line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

3rd Line

Well we have debated the obvious need for a scoring winger and a top end dman. 

Why don't we play arm chair GM and redo our 3rd line.  Getting an elite scorer likely isnt possible.  But adding depth for our 3rd line could be crucial. 
    No one wants Ryder so he stays by default.  But what about adding 2 more players for that line.  Versteeg would have been ideal.  But what are some names you guys would want to bolster our 3rd line.  Obviously a center and a winger. 
    What about Steen/Backes.  I know Backes might be a stretch but he is made for the East Conference. 

I am bored and thought I would go against the norm.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: 3rd Line

And just to add a spice it up...how about a blockbuster.
    Johnson/Backes/Steen

For

Toronto's 1st/Boston 1st/Stuart/Wheeler/Colborne

I should have stuck with the original post.  Had to get greedy didnt I.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
    Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi
    Ryder - Seguin - Wheeler
    Thornton - Campbell - Paille

Here is what I would like to see:

Lucic - Weiss - Horton
    Marchand - Bergeron - Caron
    Ryder - Krejci - Seguin/Wheeler
    Recchi - Campbell - Thornton

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

We could probably get Weiss for Hamill and a 2nd

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Weiss is a former 1st rounder who is under contract...Hamil and a 2nd rounder will not get it done.  Best case scenario would be Bos 1st and a player.  Weiss is gonna command as much if not more than Fisher. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I'd do Hamill and our 1st for Weiss

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

pb....might be the ideal guy for the 3rd line make over I mentioned.  I don't see us adding a complete game changer.  And I think we might be better suited adding and making our 3rd line as good as our 1st 2 lines. 

And I think that could be done by adding a guy like Hemsky and Weiss.  My reason is this.
    Krejci/Lucic/Hemsky
    Bergie/Marchand/Rex
    Weiss/Horton/Ryder

That is a nice 3 lines.  I don't see us getting the elite of the elite. 

I just think the asking price is very high on players now.  We may be forced to wait it out a bit.  Even if it means passing on the guys we have been throwing around.

cheers

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Weiss has two more years at 3.1Mil per that's not long term and can score goals as well as dish. More goals scored than Krejci and Bergeron over the last two years. He is well worth the Bruins first and a prospect.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

From all reports, Weiss can play any forward position. I like Krazy's post better than yours Shupe. Lucic/Weiss/horton [ Weiss plays with someone familiar]; then Marchand/Bergie/Seguin; Wheeler/Kreji/Ryder] Ryder does just enough to support Claude's passion] Recchi/Campbell/Paille[ There is no need to play Thornton]; then send Boychuck to Florida in the Weiss deal. By eliminating Boychuck and Thornton the number of mistakes will be minimized.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: 3rd Line:
    In Response to Re: 3rd Line : I would too, in a heartbeat, but lets not make him out to be something he isn't, hes a really good thrid line center. Has he ever played wing in his career? I don't think the Bs can go after someone who is signed long term who only can play center
    Posted by pbergeron37

In addition to what SanDog said I have also read that he has played the wing.  It was a couple days ago and I don't have a link.  Can anyone out there confirm or deny that Weiss has played some wing in the NHL?  Effectively?

EDIT

I did some poking around and found no indication that Weiss can play wing.  I don't know how I got that idea in my head, I could've sworn I read it somewhere.  Anyways I was wrong, sorry if I mislead anyone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
    Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi
    Ryder - Seguin - Wheeler
    Thornton - Campbell - Paille

This looks like a strong team. What would it take to have a lineup like this for the playoffs?

Sigh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Weiss is a former 1st rounder who is under contract...Hamil and a 2nd rounder will not get it done.  Best case scenario would be Bos 1st and a player.  Weiss is gonna command as much if not more than Fisher. 
    Posted by shuperman

He may command more than Fisher but I don't think Weiss is as good.Loved your 2nd trade proposal though(greedy or not).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

In Response to 3rd Line:
    Well we have debated the obvious need for a scoring winger and a top end dman.  Why don't we play arm chair GM and redo our 3rd line.  Getting an elite scorer likely isnt possible.  But adding depth for our 3rd line could be crucial.  No one wants Ryder so he stays by default.  But what about adding 2 more players for that line.  Versteeg would have been ideal.  But what are some names you guys would want to bolster our 3rd line.  Obviously a center and a winger.  What about Steen/Backes.  I know Backes might be a stretch but he is made for the East Conference.  I am bored and thought I would go against the norm.
    Posted by shuperman

Steen?Backes=8+M thru at least 2014. Have to create some cap space for that
    and those prices seem high for 3rd line forwards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: 3rd Line : He may command more than Fisher but I don't think Weiss is as good.Loved your 2nd trade proposal though(greedy or not).
    Posted by dezaruchi

Just get Booth then!  

Booth Kreicji Horton
    Lucic Bergeron Ryder
    Marchand Campbell Recchi
    Paille Wheeler Thornton

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Lucic - Krejci - Horton Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi Ryder - Seguin - Wheeler Thornton - Campbell - Paille This looks like a strong team. What would it take to have a lineup like this for the playoffs? Sigh.
    Posted by asmaha

The 3rd line is weak. Too much of the same kind of player and not enough faceoff experience with Seguin.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

And just to add a spice it up...how about a blockbuster. Johnson/Backes/Steen For Toronto's 1st/Boston 1st/Stuart/Wheeler/Colborne I should have stuck with the original post.  Had to get greedy didnt I.
    Posted by shuperman
    d

I said on earlier post Wheeler, Ference, & BOS pick for Johnson & STL pick. Better than Brewer. Salary to STL Johnson being outshown by Pietrangelo and
    Ference gives them veteran prescence.
    Or Wheeler and Ference/Stuart to Vancouver for Raymond and Vancouver pick. VAN has more D-men on IR than playing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Johnson is a 1st overall pick and is still young.  Most dmen dont mature fast(ie Pronger or Phillips as exampls).  I don't think they would buy this.  Bostons pick in the 1st round is gonna be the last 10.  There will be no good players in this draft after the 1st 1-5 are gone.  6-10 will have a chance.  Other than that you simply roll the dice.  No way St. Louis wants Ference and his bad contract as a replacement.  Wheeler has no value either.  We can't trade our spare parts for a porshe.  Not gonna happen. 

Raymond for Stuart makes sense.  But they likely would wanna deal Sami-wilson to us over him. 

Hey, maybe Torres.  I know NAS will like that idea.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

We keep saying Weiss. Has anyone told PC?

Sections
Shortcuts