4 on 3 strategy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

4 on 3 strategy

Ok, the Bolts did not score when the bruins had a 4 0n 3 PP. We know the Bruins don't score on the PP, but they also held off the Bolts on this one , as well as all other PKs for the night. Is that why Claude had Peverly and Recchi out as the "attackers" on the 4 on 3?? Was he concerned that Tampa's 3 "defenders" might score and gain momentum. Does anyone have any other ideas??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: 4 on 3 strategy

give me Seguin and Bergeron with Seidenberg and Chara with a 4 on 3

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebagoking. Show sebagoking's posts

I was screaming at the TV!  Even the play by play crew were freaking out that Recchi was out there.  If there was ever a time to pair up Marchand/Seguin or Krejci/Bergy that was it.  Get some speed and hands out there.  I love Recchi and he plays solid D but he had a Looch-like game last night with all the give aways.  Good to see Chara clogging the crease on the PP.  Claude needs more creativity like that to keep TB off balance but that 4 on 3 was a disaster.  My favorite PP strategy is when they come up the ice 5 wide and Kaberle brings it to the blue line and makes a little move that throws all 4 other guys off side.  That's been working well for them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Re: 4 on 3 strategy:
    I was screaming at the TV!  Even the play by play crew were freaking out that Recchi was out there.  If there was ever a time to pair up Marchand/Seguin or Krejci/Bergy that was it.  Get some speed and hands out there.  I love Recchi and he plays solid D but he had a Looch-like game last night with all the give aways.  Good to see Chara clogging the crease on the PP.  Claude needs more creativity like that to keep TB off balance but that 4 on 3 was a disaster.  My favorite PP strategy is when they come up the ice 5 wide and Kaberle brings it to the blue line and makes a little move that throws all 4 other guys off side.  That's been working well for them.
    Posted by sebagoking

Yes i don't get it either Seguin has to be out on 4 on 3 definetly don't wan't Recchi out there,i no there 1 game from finals,i hope they get there ,i hope they can win it all,but i will still be a Julian hater.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

That was maddening, makes me wonder if the Bruins win because of or in spite of Coach Julien.
    Chara should go down low on every Powerplay (his 'big boomer' is too innacurate anyway and every one is so afraid of getting hurt by it that they don't get in front of the goalie like they should) and
    Seguin should be a part of every Powerplay.

Julien's broken watch strategy (even a broken watch watch is correct twice a day) for the Powerplay is clearly not working.

To justify an embarrassing Powerplay average with a good Penalty Kill percentage doesn't wash either.
    It is merely a recipe for a close game.

A good Powerplay is a sign of a killer instinct - something for which Julien is, justifiably being watched very closely. 

Recchi out there for a 4 on 3 does not exhibit killer instinct

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I agree that Julien has over-played Recchi, who is just a step too slow to deal with Tampa's skaters. Recchi is only effective if the team actually sets up the play at the dman corners, but on the PP this series, they just can't do it. I would insert Seguin on the PP or make sure Bergeron and Krecji play together on the PP. Those 2 are the team's top 2 playmakers, so try it when you get that odd PP. Chara in front of net, Krecji with Bergeron and Horton and I guess Boychuk (if not hurt) back. Spread the 3rd, 4th lines out to compensate using both David and Patrice at same time right after the PP, and then go back to regular line switches. Julien really doesn't like to split his centers or radically change line movements, and I think that's why the 4-on-3 had Peverly on it. It was his shift, but you can't do that there. I am Claude's fan btw. He is a great coach who is motivating the troops to stay the course. 5 more wins!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts