4 on 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

4 on 4

In case people were wondering, I just went back through '97-'98 (the oldest season kept on nhl.com) and not once has a team failed to score at least one 4 on 4 goal during the season.  Atlanta was the closest, last year, with only 1.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: 4 on 4

Could be a new record coming shortly!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I hope this a reverse Jack Edwards stat announcement where this time by DRCC mentioning it the Bruins don't end up as bad as Atlanta's record. I watched last nights 4 on 4 head in hands but through my fingers as it looked like the Blue Jax were going to score.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Actually, Columbus used a set play to pull everyone to the left , then fire across to the odd man closing on an open net. They scored their second goal that way because Sidenberg, Lucic et all were following the puck. In overtime the bruins thwarted the same play. Lucic and Horton are trying to do the same to create openings, as does Bergeron, but it doesn't seem that all of the players have listened or the coaches are not delivering.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

8 shorties (#6) is of some solace.  4-4 scares me more than the pk.  glad the latter happens more often.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why not put Seguin out there 4 on 4/ You got a point, he's got speed and skill. If the excuse is he isnt ready defensivley the how the heck is going to learn??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: 4 on 4:
    [QUOTE]Why not put Seguin out there 4 on 4/ You got a point, he's got speed and skill. If the excuse is he isnt ready defensivley the how the heck is going to learn??
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Exactly. And if CJ is so concerned about Seguin's defense, put him out there with Bergeron. It's beyond stupid not to have the fastest player on your team not on the ice when it's wide open. Drives me crazy. Proof is in the 0 goals in 4 on 4 pudding.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Thankfully, 4 on 4 happens rarely in the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I usually end up throwing something at the TV every 4-on-4. Bruins are the only team in the league that plays a PK-style box in these situations. It's like they're deciding to defend as if they're short-handed...and forget the other team only has 4 as well.

The Columbus game was the only time I've seen them go for it. Maybe it's a conference-thing and not worrying about giving up the extra point.

Whatever the reason, it doesn't work.

Sections
Shortcuts