#43 for #22

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

#43 for #22

Is it time to replace Shawn Thornton in the lineup with Matt Bartkowski?  #22 played 5:54 in another overtime game.  I love Shawn and I am not one of those on here that thniks he is a skating clown and brings nothing to the table.  However, if Claude is not going to play him, I would rather see 7 d-men.  In addition, should Daugavins continue to receive the privilege of dressing up or would you like to see one of Soderberg, Pandolfo, Caron, Camper, or Bourque? BTW anyone know if Spooner or anyone else is still around?  Who are the black aces?  I am simply going with names that are still on the roster?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: #43 for #22

Soderberg:  Unknown in NHL regular season let alone playoffs

Pandolfo:  Pand-awful

Caron:  Failure

Camper:  Three career NHL games

Bourque:  Failure...and in Russia

I'll stick with Daugavins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I agree with all of those statements, but when we are talking about 6 minutes a game, could any of these guys provide any specialties?  defensive draws, PK, PP, speed, shot blocking, physicality?  He's not being used, so I was thinking of ways guys that are going to play under 10 minutes could contribute.  I understand the PK is awesome, but we did lose campbell there, and Claude always has 2 centers in the d zone, could one of them be the designated d-zone faceoff replacement? 

What about thoughts on #43 for #22?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In addition, there wasn't a great sample for Krug & Bartkowski either, yet both proved they belong and have contributed this playoffs.

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

well the thing about getting a guy strictly for defensive zone draws is you have patrice freaking bergeron on your team. in terms of bart in for thornton, i honestly think it's worth thinking about. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

well the thing about getting a guy strictly for defensive zone draws is you have patrice freaking bergeron on your team. in terms of bart in for thornton, i honestly think it's worth thinking about. 

I understand that the B's have Bergeron, but can it hurt to have another centerman that is a good face off guy to go along with him?  Obviously if Bergeron is available to be the 2nd centerman on the d zone draw he is the one to choose.  However, what about when he is gased from a shift, or his line is out there?  IMO, you can never have too many centers. I would rather have another one in the lineup instead of the Daug man right now, especially since Claude is not rolling 4 lines.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I understand that the B's have Bergeron, but can it hurt to have another centerman that is a good face off guy to go along with him?  Obviously if Bergeron is available to be the 2nd centerman on the d zone draw he is the one to choose.  However, what about when he is gased from a shift, or his line is out there?  IMO, you can never have too many centers. I would rather have another one in the lineup instead of the Daug man right now, especially since Claude is not rolling 4 lines.

so you're suggesting what? calling up your best AHL faceoff guy and sticking him into the stanley cup finals? no. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Can't have 7 defensemen and be short one forward. Three of these games have gone into OT already, we already saw how tired the forwards were in game one after Horton went down. He's playing injured, so to take a forward out of the line up would make no sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Can't have 7 defensemen and be short one forward. Three of these games have gone into OT already, we already saw how tired the forwards were in game one after Horton went down. He's playing injured, so to take a forward out of the line up would make no sense.

Pretty much "Yup" on these points....Until a man goes down, it is what it is..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Can't?  Cluade is NOT playing Shawn Thornton!  Even when guys have gone down, like Horton and Campbell in OT games!  By playing them 6 minutes, aren't they already short 2 forwards?  If Horton goes down in Game 5 again, who replaces him?  Most would say Seguin.  Who replaces Seguin?  Peverley.  And guess what happens to Shawn & Kaspers playing time, nothing!  They stay stapled to the bench.

Chara, the top D man for TOI is averaging almost 8 minutes per game more than the top Forwad which is Krejci.  Shawn & Kaspers are extras right now, I would be more comfortable with at the very least Bartkowski being one of them!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I actually don't think that's the worst idea.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

They've lost two games in ovetime and still stand two wins away from a Stanley Championship.  The scenario is not exactly calling for shake-ups and change.  Stick with the lineup!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Is it time to replace Shawn Thornton in the lineup with Matt Bartkowski?  #22 played 5:54 in another overtime game.  I love Shawn and I am not one of those on here that thniks he is a skating clown and brings nothing to the table.  However, if Claude is not going to play him, I would rather see 7 d-men.  In addition, should Daugavins continue to receive the privilege of dressing up or would you like to see one of Soderberg, Pandolfo, Caron, Camper, or Bourque? BTW anyone know if Spooner or anyone else is still around?  Who are the black aces?  I am simply going with names that are still on the roster?

Lol.   Duh !   Exactly what i have been saying since the beginning of the final , Thornton cant follow the parade anymore, any of the following players would be a huge upgrade : Caron, Soderberg, Bart, Camper.....ST has no more legs and he really looks like a clown out there

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

If Caron is a failure what do you call Daugavins?  Caron is a plus player who scores at about double the pace of Daugavins who is a -12 for his career.  Caron may not be great but he is never been a liability on the ice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Only change I could see would be Caron for awful Daugavins. If Juliens intention is to have him open the door all night, he shouldn't write him in the lineup. Guy is useless!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

If Caron is a failure what do you call Daugavins?  Caron is a plus player who scores at about double the pace of Daugavins who is a -12 for his career.  Caron may not be great but he is never been a liability on the ice.

I couldn't agree more. Daugavins has shown himself to be a liability. He's doing nothing in all 3 zones although he did manage to hang Horton out to dry with a turnover at the offensive blue line. All the play called for was a simple dump but he's too fawking stupid for that. Thornton is far better defensively than Daugavins, he outhits him by a wide margin and outscores him too. Please, will somebody tell me something positive about what Daugavins is bringing to the table? I asked somebody this yesterday and the answer I got was, "well he doesn't suck". Is that the best thing we can say about him? Hell, it's not even true.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

I couldn't agree more. Daugavins has shown himself to be a liability. He's doing nothing in all 3 zones although he did manage to hang Horton out to dry with a turnover at the offensive blue line. All the play called for was a simple dump but he's too fawking stupid for that. Thornton is far better defensively than Daugavins, he outhits him by a wide margin and outscores him too. Please, will somebody tell me something positive about what Daugavins is bringing to the table? I asked somebody this yesterday and the answer I got was, "well he doesn't suck". Is that the best thing we can say about him? Hell, it's not even true.

Um...... he's playing less than 6 mins a game.Does that count?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

They've lost two games in ovetime and still stand two wins away from a Stanley Championship.  The scenario is not exactly calling for shake-ups and change.  Stick with the lineup!

Exactly. Don't deviate from the gm plan stay true to it and stick w/ what got you here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

All people can talk about his Daugavins being such a liability.

How many goals against has he been on the ice for this playoffs?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Yeah, let's give him credit when his teammates bail him out. Let's also give him credit for blowing that open net in overtime because at least he was still awake. Oh well,  have a good weekend.  Go Bruins!  2 more wins!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Yeah, let's give him credit when his teammates bail him out. Let's also give him credit for blowing that open net in overtime because at least he was still awake. Oh well,  have a good weekend.  Go Bruins!  2 more wins!

Plenty of gaffes to go around.  Lucic's giveaway was 1,000,000 times worse than anything Daugavins has done in a B's jersey.  It happens.  It's hockey.

Good weekend to you as well.  Let's hope that late Saturday night, we're in the "Oh man, just one more" mood instead of, "Oh man, come on" mood!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I would thnk Soderberg or Caron would be more useful than Thornton, however I'm not watching these guys in practice every day like the coaching staff is.

I would bet that if one or more of those guys were looking really sharp in practice they would put him in over Thornton and/or Daug.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Count how many times there have been 7 defensemen in the lineup this season. Putting someone in to play a position he hasn't played all year long .................in the cup finals ?

Bad idea because of the unfamilarity of what the responsibilities of the position are.............ain't happening.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Count how many times there have been 7 defensemen in the lineup this season. Putting someone in to play a position he hasn't played all year long .................in the cup finals ?

Bad idea because of the unfamilarity of what the responsibilities of the position are.............ain't happening.

The transition from defense to forward is easier and it's been done in the regular season, usually a desperate effort by a coach to get things going - see Bobby Ftorek just before he was fired.

But in the playoffs?  And the finals in particular?

You speak the truth, this is something that just isn't going to happen

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

My original point was not whether Daugavins or Thornton were liabilities, it was whether or not there were players not in the line up that could actually contribute to the success of the team in a closely contested battle for the Stanley Cup.  

Sections
Shortcuts