48 game season may have some benefits,,,

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

48 game season may have some benefits,,,

I was thinking about this the other night..48 game season is what is and perhaps some good can come out of it..Teams are going to see so much of each other in a short period of time, rivalries could be renewed or even created..Add that to the fact that points will be at such a premium and we could have some pretty intense games for an extended period of time...

Also, no secret I'm of the same thought process as far as what Shawn Thornton means to the team, well, now is his chance to prove his worth..I'm guessing with teams seeing so much of each other in  short period of time, tempers may flare more often. Heres his chance to prove his worth and prove why an enforcer is needed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: 48 game season may have some benefits,,,

Yeah, the local radio guys here were talking about what you covered in the first paragraph, it makes sense. Essentially everyone is tied half way through the season. Should be interesting. Also with the season being onl 48 games there could be more energy for the playoffs, which are all ready as good as it gets.

I have no memory of the lockout (in the 90's?), but from what I heard on the radio, they claimed the games were better than normal with a shortened season.

And yes, Shawn Thornton is going to have his hands full with the Sabres and Habs "beefing up". Also with Carlyle the Leafs are going to be putting out a more physical line-up.

Sections
Shortcuts