4th Line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

4th Line

You know, I keep reading people dissing CJ for putting the 4th line out late in the game and all that crap. In the game against Philly, the other night, the 4th line were the hardest working group out there, by far. If the #1 line worked that hard, they'd get much better results. I know that the 4th line doesn't get the same quality Defensive pairings to go against, but these guys get the puck deep, and create chances. They impressed the heck out of me Sat.

If I was coaching, I'd be looking to send them out just as a reminder to the other lines that hard work is what gets you ice-time, not contract or status.  

I can only imagine that these guys will get 3rd line status soon if they keep it up. They should in IMHO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Re: 4th Line

i would like the 4th line to play 20 minutes a game!

As long as we have a 2 goal lead...

Which would be possible if we had a decent powerplay...

Which would be possible if we had an offesnive minded coach...

But if we had an offensive minded coach, the 4th line wouldnt play more than 8 minutes a game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I said this on another thread but will repeat  here:

Marchand - Campbell - Thorton was the 3rd line on Saturday.  Any line that has Paille on becomes your 4th line. 
    Now,  if Paille would have been dropped with Campbell's line and Marcand with Savvy then maybe we would see something. 
    Sure Paille skates and tries hard but it's just not for him to be on a line with an offensive center like Savard. No place !
    I agree with most of you complaining those guys out with 5mins late in the game is wrong but you know what,  they are the only 3 that got good scoring chances and almost scored the go ahead goal with less than 5mins.  Next line was the Krejci's. 
    Till those two other lines don't pick it up we will see more of the Campbell's line.  The real problem is,  the lines with Savvy and Bergy not producing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to 4th Line:
    [QUOTE]You know, I keep reading people dissing CJ for putting the 4th line out late in the game and all that crap. In the game against Philly, the other night, the 4th line were the hardest working group out there, by far. If the #1 line worked that hard, they'd get much better results. I know that the 4th line doesn't get the same quality Defensive pairings to go against, but these guys get the puck deep, and create chances. They impressed the heck out of me Sat. If I was coaching, I'd be looking to send them out just as a reminder to the other lines that hard work is what gets you ice-time, not contract or status.   I can only imagine that these guys will get 3rd line status soon if they keep it up. They should in IMHO.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

Creating chances doesn't win hockey games.  Capitalizing on created chances does. 

The fourth line should be on the bench at the end of a close game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to Re: 4th Line:
    [QUOTE]In Response to 4th Line : Creating chances doesn't win hockey games.  Capitalizing on created chances does.  The fourth line should be on the bench at the end of a close game.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

And if the 1st or 2nd line sin't getting it done?????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: 4th Line:
    [QUOTE]In Response to 4th Line : Creating chances doesn't win hockey games.  Capitalizing on created chances does.  The fourth line should be on the bench at the end of a close game.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

The only line that is capitalizing is the 1st line . After Krejci line gets off which goes on ?   The line that keeps the puck in the other teams zone and gets better chances at scoring or the other two lines that are a risk of getting a goal against.
    It's just the way it is going right now.  If Savvy gets better form and clicks with Seguin it'll be a different story. 
    Bergeron's line will go as far as Wheeler brings it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Let's start another "4th line" thread shall we. Someone in need of attention!?